dick zark is not to drink

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dick zark is not to drink

Hi my real name is richard . I have a challegne not to drink for the month of october (ocsober) i have been primal since march 2011 and im doing realy well i have already lost 12 kg with little excersice no i need to get rid of the next ten kg . I will not be putting my food intake in this journal but will post once or twice a week to see how on track i am .
    im 43 years old
    i weigh 112 kg
    im six foot three tall
    i hope to get down to under 100 kg by december
    i have a goal to go to primal con next year
    yeasterday i rode my bike 67 kms im not as un fit as i thought

cheers richard
    ps i hope to keep of the booze for a log time if i can give up for longer than october
    i am the invisable man

Hi Richard, I've been primal for about the same time (I'm 44). I also am doing a 30 day (Since September 5) of not drinking. It's gone well, really well. I didn't miss the drinking because I cut my caffeine consumption down to 1 cup of tea in the am (and I work 2nd shift) so I was really missing my coffee and tea that I generally consume all day long. Even social situations where I'd normally drink I'd have a cup of decaf tea or iced coffee and felt perfectly fine with it. I'm planning on including an occasional glass of red wine with a meal on social occasions after this (so every Tuesday Night Dinner with friends). I've lost 38 pounds and I've been doing the leptin reset going on my 4th week (so I won't be drinking for 4 more).

Good Luck.

Kathy

Comment

thanks kathy my problem is with alcohol i have been drinking up to three bottles of whiskey a week . today is day 3 of my ocsober woke up with a head ache which i knew would happen it always takes me 3 or 4 days to get over my drinking and i know i will be angery and horriable tommorrow lucky i have a good job with little stree now . now before any one says go to AA i have been there done that and know it has to stop it was a waste of time .

this is a picture of me at my heavest i now look a little better than that
      time to go for a 7 km walk
      cheers richard
      i am the invisable man

Comment

Best of luck, Richard, you can do it! Have you come up with anything to replace the whiskey? Another drink or activity?
        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post584939

Comment

im only drinking water and have gone cold turkey on the whiskey am replacing with walking alot not missing the drink will see how long that will last . 3 down 28 to go have a head ache but its starting to fade time for bed
          cheers richard
          i am the invisable man

Comment

Day 5 woke up after a solid 8 hour sleep feeling much better although have been slack and not done anything about excersice exept walk around at work .Still have not had a drink but did feel like having one last night i think i ndrink out of boredom must find some thing do replace the boredom must start taking my friends dog for a walk every afternoon
            i am the invisable man

Comment

so ihave passed 7 days with out a drink but i have been craving one hopefully this will pass soon as i now feel better and have already lost some wieght mt clothes are now loser again and im down to my last hole on my belt . I have been felling tired alot lately and i dont know why but every day im off the booze is a day i sleep bettter maybe i just need to catch up on the sleep .
              cheers richard
              i am the invisable man

Comment

so day 12 is here i i feel much better with out a drink although i crave for a beer almost every afternoon when i get home .I think i might have to get out and wwalk more this week i will start the body weight exercises and i will also have to cut my food down i know im eating to much fat and not enough veg .
                cheers richard
                i am the invisable man

Comment

I'm impressed with how well you are doing! My vice has always been sweets and baked goods. I still get cravings when I'm stressed and found running to help me. I hope you get the same effect with more walking.

Comment

so my month is over and i did not makit all the way through but feel better for not drinking as much as i have been im about to go away on a work trip for five weeks up to north queensland i tend not to drink when im away from home so another month or more of not drinking whoo hooo and i also do more walking and body weight exersise while im away so thats all for now will post while on the road
                    cheers richard
                    i am the invisable man

Comment

Working...
                    X