No announcement yet.

the purple prose of petunia pettigrew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The slow, quiet life is highly underrated, if you ask me!

I'm like you, I have plenty of great cookbooks - including Well Fed, which I love - and the amount of cooking I do is sad, at best. Even more sad is the fact that the "handful of things" I do make often is an ever-shrinking list.

I'm sure I'll get around to it, eventually - maybe right after I finish not doing yoga.

Perfect description of the psychology of the summertime dog, by the way! I'm the same way in the heat, minus the peeing.
    Last edited by GoJenGo; 06-08-2016, 08:23 PM.
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

• lol.. so glad i'm not the only one who does all of that
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

• Dog video was too damn cute!!!!!!!!
        Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• I must have had some kind of ESP that you'd been around. ALWAYS glad to see you. Life has kept me off the boards lately too but felt the need to stop in for some reason.
          Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• hellow
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

• Hey there gurl!
              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• you guys are really sweet, i didn't figure anyone would notice or care about my absence. i was off in my own anti social head space doing anti social things.

today is a weird kind of day. i want donuts. i want pizza. i want buckets of lo mein. i'm mad. i'm lonely. i don't want to be around anyone. i don't want to mess with my dogs. i want to be buried in a mountain of dogs.

i'm tired, though i've been sleeping and dreaming pretty regularly this week. i'm still tired. i f'ed my foot up at the beach, so that hurts with everything else. originally i thought my foot was swollen because of the gnarly sunburn i was developing (which, by the way, get some mizon snail recovery gel and slather that everywhere. you'll thank me later. it knocked out the pain in hours and the sunburn in days. go get some.) but no. getting beat by waves while trying to stay standing did something. and it's all rolling into one big ball of suck and i'm mad about it.

i do wanna get beat up by waves again tho. i'll just wear snow shoes.

bear's summertime excursions led him to a female neighbor dog who must be in heat. i went hunting for him and neighbor said they'd been playing and all was cool, but all night bear was frantic panting and i was just 'gross. no. i don't care if you got lured into a baby trap, you're grossing me out stop, i'm not paying the child support'

i did make a big glass of chocolate milk. i still kinda want a donut though.

even cute animal aren't helping

NORBERT YOU LITTLE SLACKER, I FEEL NOTHING.

beautiful
                yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Norbert was pretty cute but the way he kept scratching, distracted me. I kept wondering if he had fleas? Does that blanket have bedbugs?

Comment

• he's so little he'd only fit one flea

and it would look like a vw bug rolling around a little hill
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Norbert is so gentle in his attack mode, quite the opposite of my rat terrier. I don't play that game with her as she can't seem to understand that it's my hand under the blanket, she goes into full on hunter mode!

Comment

• i wish my guys were more playful like that, they'll only hunt for a few minutes but it's sweet when it happens. i'll be shaking a blanket or sheet out to fold and one will come wallow around under it and the other will come hop and dig and snort for his brother.

then they sit up and look at me with giant smiles and wagging tails like 'there, now it's your turn to do something!' and as i've never been much of a play-er i'll stand there like 'uhhh.. skitskitskit *shake the blanket*' and that might get them playing some more

woke up after a few hours of sleep, so my entire 9 hour day of waiting for my car to get fixed was extra fun. sick stomach and not really healthy food followed.

like all good hypocrites my motto today was 'do as i say, not as i do' when it comes to being healthy, as i spent last night complaining to bay about the people on my 600 lb life screwing up their weight loss because reasons

i've been spending too much money on things i don't need or really want in an effort to make my emotionals feel better. it's better that i never got around to having kids because i'd have to sell one to a local farmer to be a watermelon picker to feed the rest

beautiful
                        yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Donuts rank high on my downfall list as well.
                          Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• https://goo.gl/images/67la3p

Comment

• hahaha
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

lol

Comment

• 90% of food today was actual food. granted, other people cooked it but the main components were meat and vegetables.

i'm not patting myself on the back. mainly i'm just stewing in the pissiest mood ever. if it hadn't been for mom food i'd've been mad and ignored eating til i grudgingly chewed a boiled chicken tender. reading helped a little. skyrim a little. outside things, not at all.

if my back and appendage weren't permanently F-ed in the A i'd love to join a fight club thing and work off excess aggression. perhaps something not so unsimilar to this.

primal approved, right? if it weren't natural, why would i want to punch someone in the face so much?

plan b is to just get in bed and yawn myself to sleep.

because nothing else is helping and i don't know what else to do.
                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X