the purple prose of petunia pettigrew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi *hug*

i did some emo spending on makeup a few weeks ago as it turns out. i got an almay mascara (didn't like) because of a huge coupon. i got the new maybelline mascara as well as a tube of falsies (not bad but not a favorite, didn't hold a curl), a star wars covergirl mascara just because i liked the quote on the tube (it's okay) and the purple volume length tube (which was also okay). so i'm set for mascara for the next 15 years. what makeup were you looking at/thinking about?

i still never have anything to say i don't think. i just poke around the forum every once in a while and think "i can't think of anything to say".

i haven't really been up to much. helping out mom when she needs it whether she wants it or not. finally fixed up my diet so i'm losing what little i gained. my appetite has been weird the last several days. i haven't wanted to cook or buy food until i get so hungry i feel sick and even then iput off eating for a while longer. i just made my first grown up e-cig purchase after much waffling and googling so in a few days i'll get to suck on an innokin coolfire iv.

i'm trusting the boys outside of their pen more. today when they came in from running themselves ragged they passed out at my feet. they don't leave the safe for my anxiety levels area, i can keep watch over them and i feel better about it. i do have to fight my urge to call them back when they go out further in the trees but they never leave the safe area.

but maybe they're just lulling me until i trust them, and then they'll run away to join the circus.

how's all your things been? hope it's all been good

beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

• God baby elephants are cute!

I sympathize on the dogs out of the pen situation. I'd been letting Knox run around the unfenced part of our yard that we jokingly call the back 40. It's basically open desert although it's starting to get plowed up for some houses now. At any rate I was out there with him one day, he was out of my site, and along came a coyote. Luckily he came right back when I called but that was a little close for comfort. No more of that.

Oh I just remember there used to be kits that were sold with like 3 colors of eye shadow that you would put on certain way to create some sort of effect. I am sure they still sell that kind of thing. I just never go look at it any more. I started wearing the bare minerals make up a few years ago and as little as possible, mostly so I don't make myself look older than I actually am. But I ran out of the eye shadow color I usually used and it got me to exploring a little. I thought well orchid would know exactly what to do in this situation.

Hug out to you through the nets and hope you are hanging in there.
      Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• Miss you, Orchid!

I understand your dilemma re: writing. I've also been keeping busy, but somehow get blocked when I try to journal.

Hugses across space,
        J
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
          Miss you, Orchid!

I understand your dilemma re: writing. I've also been keeping busy, but somehow get blocked when I try to journal.

Hugses across space,
          J
          What Joanie said. Hope you are well.
          Breathe. Move forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by excursivey View Post
            God baby elephants are cute!

I sympathize on the dogs out of the pen situation. I'd been letting Knox run around the unfenced part of our yard that we jokingly call the back 40. It's basically open desert although it's starting to get plowed up for some houses now. At any rate I was out there with him one day, he was out of my site, and along came a coyote. Luckily he came right back when I called but that was a little close for comfort. No more of that.

Oh I just remember there used to be kits that were sold with like 3 colors of eye shadow that you would put on certain way to create some sort of effect. I am sure they still sell that kind of thing. I just never go look at it any more. I started wearing the bare minerals make up a few years ago and as little as possible, mostly so I don't make myself look older than I actually am. But I ran out of the eye shadow color I usually used and it got me to exploring a little. I thought well orchid would know exactly what to do in this situation.

Hug out to you through the nets and hope you are hanging in there.
            there's plenty you could still wear without it aging you i kinda want to play with your face now haha. my hooded eyes are still hooded so i can't do all the sparkly colors i want without it looking like my eyes are in dark pits so that's kind of a bummer. but none of the holiday makeup sets coming out aren't sparking any ineeeedit feelings so i guess i have all the makeup i want now.

bear's recently decided that he simply must run out to the road to cross it, my opinions on it be damned, so i let them out at night where they stay close and we drive to gramma's every week so they can run all over creation with everybody else's dogs without a road to cross in sight. the giant tom occasionally looks at waka like he's lunch but a quick chin scritch distracts him. i'm 99% positive tom cat eats bunnies every day for fun.

hugs back to you, i hope everything is still going great

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
            Miss you, Orchid!

Hugses across space,
            J
            aww miss you too lady, and space hugs back

Originally posted by excursivey View Post
            What Joanie said. Hope you are well.
            i'm.. doing. autopilot across the board mostly i make pleasant adult conversation and say the appropriate things day to day with occasional surges of emotion that have me wanting to cling to bay even though i can't reach him still.

i finally got through to the 3rd game of thrones book a chapter at a time. book reading is still difficult for whatever reason. there's cleaning. dog petting and cuddling. all the usual things.

for whatever strange reason blowing clouds with ecigs is called chuckin tits so i've named my device the itty bitty titty chucker. i also call it my pacifier. i get anxious when it has to charge and i can't suck on it and keep it close the rest of the time. so i guess it's my emotion gauge.

my weight hovering range is a lower set of 3-5 numbers, and it's still lower than last year but i am disappointed in myself

back has been pretty terrible. still want to work out, but i am rethinking using weights like i want and may have to doyoga and bellydancing a while and see. first i have to work up the motivation because my motivation levels are down with my emotionals.

don't have a whole lot to say right now i guess.. so here's the obligatory gif

beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

• Hi Bloodorchid! I've missed reading your posts!

I'm taking my corgi to the groomers for the first time ever this week. He is such a mess, I'm kind of embarrassed and pretty sure when they see him they will change the quote they gave me over the phone. He has incredibly thick fur on his neck and I can not get to it. He has a way of tucking his head down and stretching his front legs so his neck is completely inaccessible. I'm sure professional groomers have a way of dealing with that though.

Speaking of wandering dogs, my guy is supposed to stay in the front yard, today I went out there and the gate was closed but he was no where to be seen. He must have snuck out while we were unloading groceries. I found him just moseying down the sidewalk, taking himself for a little walk through the neighborhood.
              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• the mental image i have of that is so effing cute, strolling with the little corgi legs like 'good day madam! and hello to you, good sir!'

haha i have no advice on stubborn dog grooming, i still haven't figured out how to get bear to let me brush his butt area in peace. he loves being brushed everywhere but there. he sits with his giant goober grin until i stand him up and start on his rear legs. he sits. i stand him up again, he sits. i hold his tail up so he can't sit, he sits. i hold his entire thigh so he HAS to stand, he sits on one butt cheek.

if he's situated like i'm thinking, he creates neck rolls? just check him in at the groomer's and with a french accent say 'this is a disaster! i cannot do anything with this, you must fix it!' then huff out frenchily like a french person portrayed in an american film.
                beautiful
                yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                  if he's situated like i'm thinking, he creates neck rolls? just check him in at the groomer's and with a french accent say 'this is a disaster! i cannot do anything with this, you must fix it!' then huff out frenchily like a french person portrayed in an american film.
                  I totally read that in a French accent in my head.
                  Breathe. Move forward.

Comment

• [QUOTE=bloodorchid;1652106]the mental image i have of that is so effing cute, strolling with the little corgi legs like 'good day madam! and hello to you, good sir!'

haha i have no advice on stubborn dog grooming, i still haven't figured out how to get bear to let me brush his butt area in peace. he loves being brushed everywhere but there. he sits with his giant goober grin until i stand him up and start on his rear legs. he sits. i stand him up again, he sits. i hold his tail up so he can't sit, he sits. i hold his entire thigh so he HAS to stand, he sits on one butt cheek.

if he's situated like i'm thinking, he creates neck rolls? just check him in at the groomer's and with a french accent say 'this is a disaster! i cannot do anything with this, you must fix it!' then huff out frenchily like a french person portrayed in an american film.[/QUOTE\]

Since I don't know how to multiquote I will respond to each of your paragraphs in order:

1.He is just as you imagine, he loves saying hello to everyone he meets!
                    2.We refer to the corgi's butt fur as his pantaloons. He really doesn't like anyone messing with that area and will employ the same tactics as bear.
                    3. Quelle excellente idée!
                    Last edited by Urban Forager; 11-18-2015, 09:05 PM.
                    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Solution: the Lion Cut!

It can be done as far down the body as you want so only the back legs and butt are shaved. Voila! No more brushing.
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Too funny!

We've had the corgi shaved twice, he really seemed to hate us for it! I think he is vain and his fur is his glory!

Comment

• Corgi update: He is now gorgeous! He behaved like a prince and they did not shame me for letting him get so disheveled. The best part was that it only cost $35 so we will definitely be back.

Comment

• Originally posted by excursivey View Post
                            I totally read that in a French accent in my head.

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                            Solution: the Lion Cut!

It can be done as far down the body as you want so only the back legs and butt are shaved. Voila! No more brushing.
                            that... is cute. he looks soft. i want to rub him all over and mess up his nice 'do. or her nice 'do.

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                            Corgi update: He is now gorgeous! He behaved like a prince and they did not shame me for letting him get so disheveled. The best part was that it only cost $35 so we will definitely be back.
                            excellent now time for him to mess up his 'do
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

lol

Comment

• so i read that insomnia can be/is a symptom of anxiety and ptsd. that explains a hell of a lot. aside from other life events, anxiety issues run in the family and various members have coped with alcohol and pills and alcohol and much much smoking. and all of the above.

i used to wish i had more of a preference for drinking because when i do i am so mellow in a way that sober me never is.

so my e-cig it is. still use it quite heavily.

bear's hair is mostly grown back out from his summer cut. he looks like a giant loaf of ginger colored hairy bread when he lays down. waka's growing out from a cut several months ago, and since his fur is of the silky, fine variety, he is only slightly fluffy.

i downloaded the strong curves kindle because damn it i want to work out, but my back has consistently been a bitch and a half so i also don't want to do anything ever.

still not gaining, but still not losing like i know i can. flour consumption is way down though so that will only help.

i would write more feelings down nbut the prevailing feel is i am tired and want to sleep but i'm not sleepy and probably won't. i think that feel has been at the fore front for months. which makes me a super interesting person to be around. like now. super interesting.

i have done literally nothing interesting and, so, i have nothing interesting to say. i could bitch and whine some more?
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Well I for one was glad to see you. I've been off lately with the holiday and what not. I sure sympathize with the sleeping issues. I think it's menopause for me. Lately it's going a little better though. One of the meds I take for the hives (yes, they are still with me) is supposed to be taken at night because it can cause drowsiness. I think it's helping me to "relearn" good sleeping behavior somehow.
                                Breathe. Move forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X