No announcement yet.

the purple prose of petunia pettigrew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for the first time in my life, tonight, i got to see some cicadas oozing out of their husks. they look like imitation pokemon. what did i do to celebrate this landmark occasion? resist the urge to touch their tiny, slowly waving feet. because i'm an adult now.

and the boys know 'bedtime' without me trying to teach it to them. i just say 'come on guys, it's bedtime' at night when i call them over and gesture to the room. tonight i felt kind of guilty for putting them up when they were all waggy still at 10:30 so i was talking to them and finished a sentence with 'bedtime?' and they went right to their room. who knew months of repetition would teach a dog something? i'm such a proud mommy. my boys are the smartest dogs in the world. aw wee.

it did make me smile though

also, my liver enzymes are elevated. here's hoping it's not the zoloft, eh?

beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

• I just googled, and it doesn't look like Zoloft is something that would mess with liver enzymes. It's an SSRI rather than a tricyclic med, and the tricyclic type can cause a change in liver enzyme levels. And that concludes my entire knowledge of Zoloft. LOL

Why are dogs with pacifiers so cute? That one looks like, "Now what do I do with it?"
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• it amps up that whole 'aww, hello sweet little baby!' to like a thousand. maybe even a thousand and 2.

and i'm real glad to hear that zoloft is safe because it keeps me sane. as in i don't sit in the dark staring out windows, sure that car that was driving by too slowly is someone from my past coming to kill me. so that's good.

my caloric intake ranges between 1200 and 2000, carb intake is all over the place, weight still trickles downward. despite the 5 day of birthing cupcakes over the weekend. mayhap the doc will be as pleased as i am over the 11 pound drop, cause i'm pretty pleased. maybe it will be even lower when i have to go see him again in a few weeks.

nonwheat carbs can be 0-200 (seriously. that was a shocking day when those numbers popped up.) and weight falls. wheat carbs can be 1-2 and weight goes sky high. at this point in my tracking life i've discovered that air has carbs but pickles do not. fyi.
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

• I think I knew that about air and pickles. LOL
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• and so, i am depressed. i am very depressed. i want to hide away from every one and thing, even the dogs, but make bay pet me for hours. food is wavering on the 'probably too carby' side, with chili and rice being meal focal points. i am neck deep in menstruation hormones which probably isn't helping. i have a song playing in my head on repeat which definitely isn't.

so i'm gonna try to watch a scary movie to shut my brain down a while.

my single-bloom hibiscus is growing buds, my double-bloom one is fairly delicate and is still working on making new leaves. it did not like being inside over winter. because everything has been a bog, and because it's been hard to find physical motivation to do things, my rose sticks leafed out in their temp pot and are now covered in tiny clusters of tiny rosebuds. so. they should probably be put in the ground at some point.

i did take a nature stroll out of self obligation the day before. that was okay.

i don't know. i guess just wait the depressed episode out.

beautiful
            yeah you are

lol

Comment

• [QUOTE=bloodorchid;1617159] i want to hide away from every one and thing, even the dogs, but make bay pet me for hours.

That sounds delightful. So delightful.

*offers pets, dark chocolate, and/or steak* This too shall pass. Or so everybody says.
              http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Comment

• [QUOTE=drssgchic;1617268]
                  Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                  i want to hide away from every one and thing, even the dogs, but make bay pet me for hours.

That sounds delightful. So delightful.

*offers pets, dark chocolate, and/or steak* This too shall pass. Or so everybody says.
                  i'll take all that stuff, and share with you

and it's what everybody says, and it usually does. just gotta hang on by your nails in the meantime, lady.

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                  i meditated so hard today that i fell asleep on the couch with the door open and just the bug screen as murder protection

it's about bed time tho. i had some complicated cramping situations today that have worn me out. i'm finally gonna remember to talk to the doc about it this time since it's the second time it happened this year. dr google says it's either cysts or endo or dark magic.

i don't know. but during the cramping i was seriously considering a hysterectomy, baby having ambivalence be damned. 'i'll just get it cut out. i can keep my ovaries. i'll just adopt a 9 year old. oh god i'm gonna puke. what happens to semen if there's an empty spot where the uterus used to be? will it go further up and absorb? i'm gonna call 911 and tell them to cut it out. the dogs are still just laying waiting for me to move. i feel guilty now. will the ambulance people give me morphine if i call them? don't puke on the new sheets.'

i've been having trouble sleeping well for a while. i think i can sleep tonight.

i sometimes play teach bear to shake. he has no idea what's going on, he's just smiling at me. he paws at my hand to scratch him and i catch it and say 'shake!'. so we do that a few times then i say 'shake!' while he's panting at me and he just pants at me, so i call him a dingus and scratch him some more.

okay bed yay bed woo

beautiful
                  yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Thanks for the RAs, it made me laugh.
                    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• bloodorchid, I had a supracervical hysterectomy ~20 years ago - fibroids were the reason. I kept everything except the uterus. Ovaries, cervix, and ligaments all stayed. Ovaries for hormones, cervix for lubrication, and ligaments to keep incontinence at bay. The sperm just goes in and comes back out. That little splash after sex is just a little more.

That was some meditation!

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Hi girl. Hang in there. Even taking tylenol can elevate your liver enzymes. Have you had any of that lately?
                        Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                          Thanks for the RAs, it made me laugh.
                          haha anytime

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                          bloodorchid, I had a supracervical hysterectomy ~20 years ago - fibroids were the reason. I kept everything except the uterus. Ovaries, cervix, and ligaments all stayed. Ovaries for hormones, cervix for lubrication, and ligaments to keep incontinence at bay. The sperm just goes in and comes back out. That little splash after sex is just a little more.

That was some meditation!
                          i am definitely... DEFINITELY keeping a mental note of this

Originally posted by excursivey View Post
                          Hi girl. Hang in there. Even taking tylenol can elevate your liver enzymes. Have you had any of that lately?
                          the hydros are acetaminophin + something else i forget. i guess taking 1 a day or every other day for a month+ is not good? i don't know. the directions say take 2 a day. maybe it's an evil plot to get my liver to shut down so my insurance can say 'mwahaha' and make money.

that was probably less coherent than it could be. body and brain are still jelly.

every time i think i can sleep finally, i get wide awake. cramps are a bit more intense than i'd prefer. just a few more days and i can forget again how bad it is until the next time.
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Look what I found: SassyBitches

I thought of you immediately even though yours are boys.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• annnnnnnnd i want 2 of everything, even the girly stuff

because they're secure in their masculinity.. and.. don't subscribe to gender norms.. and.. are color blind..?
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                                annnnnnnnd i want 2 of everything, even the girly stuff

because they're secure in their masculinity.. and.. don't subscribe to gender norms.. and.. are color blind..?
                                Or are dogs?

I had matching 49er shirts in my cart before I remembered that I swore to never dress up my dogs! I am thinking of getting them snow boots for our first winter in Ohio but that doesn't count as dressing them up.

Comment

Working...
                                X