No announcement yet.

the purple prose of petunia pettigrew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well the method addresses things that are practical/useful and have a purpose, even if we don't "like" them. It's just a way to reframe your attitude towards things like that, so you appreciate the function it holds and feel happier about having it. It's all about feeling happier in your own home. There are a lot of old things I've hung on to that have no purpose and make me sentimentally happy, but I'm choosing to let go of them now because I feel better focusing on what I can invite into my home/life in the future, rather than clinging to past sentiments.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
      Well the method addresses things that are practical/useful and have a purpose, even if we don't "like" them. It's just a way to reframe your attitude towards things like that, so you appreciate the function it holds and feel happier about having it. It's all about feeling happier in your own home. There are a lot of old things I've hung on to that have no purpose and make me sentimentally happy, but I'm choosing to let go of them now because I feel better focusing on what I can invite into my home/life in the future, rather than clinging to past sentiments.
      Nameless I should probably try to go back and read more of that book but I got "meh'd" out pretty early on. Which is even more reason for me not to criticize it I suppose. For what it's worth I like Gretchin Ruben's website The Happiness Project for additional insights on this sort of stuff. I actually got the link/idea to get the Kondo book from Ruben. I totally agree with the idea of learning to let things go, for whatever reasons are right at the time. (Not quite sure how to express what I meant there.)
      Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• Bloodorchid, I tend to think that we're all a product of what we learn in our lives, and though we can alter it a bit, we can't change the ultimate learning of it.

Given a sheltered child who has no real strife to the age of 22, when that child goes out into the world, s/he goes to meet the world with a positive outlook. What happens next teaches her to be the 30 and 40 year old s/he'll become. Contrast that with a child raised in more realistic, or even negative surroundings.

The adults we are don't happen on a magic birthday. They are the product of every word of praise, accomplishment, slap, mean word, tragedy, or fortune we experience.

We also learn to cope with negativity as a child. Our parents or caregivers can be the stoic type or drama queens or anything in between. From that we learn whether or not to just give the broken egg to the dog or to make a scene over it.

I think we can learn tools to help cope with specific negative situations. Plaster a smile on and try to find one good thing about the family gathering we hate to attend. Say the right things at job interviews. Spend ten or fifteen minutes a day grieving a loss, then put it away until tomorrow.

But learning to view the world differently is a whole other ball game. We integrate all of our lives into a global view of our world. I don't believe that self-help books can change that view, though they can sometimes give us a tool to cope with a specific thing or attitude.

As to the joy of things. I'm not sure about that one. Clothing doesn't give me joy, but some things make me feel confident and pretty. LBDs never get tossed because I tend to dress simply, so they never go out of style. When I moved here, I kept my two favorite head vases, and my favorite small Buddha, but I walked away from the other tchotchkes without much sorrow. Same with books. I kept about ten out of I don't know how many with the idea that if I really wanted to do so, I could replace the others.

So, I wouldn't toss anything irreplaceable whether or not it gives you joy in this present. There's a reason you have it, and it may bring you joy again in the future. And I wouldn't worry too much about being an optimist. Too far in either direction of the optimist-pessimist continuum might be harmful to one's well-being, but somewhere between the extremes lies reality and mental health (however that's defined these days).

Just my POV, and it may prove to be poo to you.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• i have been; getting sun, getting color, petting my dogs, not eating anything resembling a primal diet.

the nice weather has helped. i've been moving around outside more, dug out a stretching dvd i haven't done in a while. killing wasps with wild abandon.

bird bags of sunflower seeds have greatly reduced in price so i bought a 40lb bag. i expect it to be gone in a week. i watched them yesterday morning, there was no way to count. they're all writhing in a mass in the ground and fluttering all over the feeders. a noise spooks them and layer 1 flies away. then layer 2. then layer 3. a handful of cardinals stay on the ground then the titmice quick grab a bite and everyone comes back in groups.

bear's codependency has grown somewhat. he doesn't like staying outside for any length of time unless i'm out there with him, otherwise he yips at the door.

my pothos fell off the hook somehow and the pot cracked, i see roots but no dirt so it's time to wrestle the vines into a new pot with new dirt. but the leaves, like me, sunburned while out, they were all winter growth. so they'll fall off and it'll be infinitely easier to wrestle.

i'm trying to get my head into picking up cross stitching again but my attention span isn't cooperating.

bear's winter coat is loose so i just pull out cottony clumps while petting him. sometimes he gets nosy like 'what is that? what are you doing? i want to eat that', the rest of the time he just mouth breathes on me and smiles.

waka doesn't clump up, it all just floats off his body and onto my face. specifically up my nose and on my lip glossed lips.

i brushed them out fully a couple of times last week. i don't think it helped much.

but just doing the stretching dvd hurt like a bitch the next day. it's hard not to despair, but i'm kind of despaired. it's like my back is taking things away, inch by inch.

but bay thinks i'm sexy, and tells me so, despite me feeling like a crippled horse

i like it

beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

• the birds cleared out a full feeder in 6 hours

those fat assholes

bay said 'where's my cross stitch' like i have anything i want to do for him. like i have something in mind. like i've printed it out and bought new fabric stuff.

psh

as if

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1938603...campaign=Share

it's not like i've actually thought about it

Sue Hillis Designs: I love you more... - cross stitch pattern

or anything

I hate you the least. - NEEDLEWORK

i told him to give me brain numb-ers so i could sit and focus on it but he said no i gotta do it myself

this is the tyranny i've aligned myself with

food continues to include wheaty grains, teeth are becoming sensitive. like every other time. i should really start writing down EVERYTHING wheat does to me so i stop going 'oh yeah..'

back is still pretty mad about the focused stretching

bear and waka got another brush which removed not nearly enough loose hair

i am.. so sleepy. bed time.

Last edited by bloodorchid; 03-28-2015, 11:35 PM.
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

• Love the cross stitch. Gran'ma used to do it and she was great. I don't think she bought patterns. She'd find a pic in a magazine, then use carbon paper (vintage copy machines ) to get the design on the fabric for the stitching.

From RR's journal, I learned that anal sex should be avoided to avoid constipation.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                Love the cross stitch. Gran'ma used to do it and she was great. I don't think she bought patterns. She'd find a pic in a magazine, then use carbon paper (vintage copy machines ) to get the design on the fabric for the stitching.

From RR's journal, I learned that anal sex should be avoided to avoid constipation.
                ^not from my personal experience, but those of a certain Dr. Kim! Just for the record.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Love the cross stitch. Gran'ma used to do it and she was great. I don't think she bought patterns. She'd find a pic in a magazine, then use carbon paper (vintage copy machines ) to get the design on the fabric for the stitching.

i wish i was that creative, so far i'm just painting by numbers but one thing i do have in common with that is the patterns. i just saved the pictures and printed them off

*side eyeing*

Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                  ^not from my personal experience, but those of a certain Dr. Kim! Just for the record.

*side eying big time*

i almost feel like this should expand into a conversation about butt sex now.. there should be alcoholic beverages and snacks

i felt guilty about avoiding spending time with family so i went to gramma's today. hung out and mostly listened to everyone else talking. i had some pizza. i had a little soup and salad. i had the top half of a small square of lasagna.

i pruned down my grape bush to a more manageable level. i repotted my pothos. and the amount of 'i can't handle this' i've been experiencing led me to cut off all but a few leaves and tear off excess roots to fit it into the new planter. or pot. whatever the smaller ones are called.

refilled the bird feeder. again.

i want very much to play with bay's hair right now

how the hell are baby elephants so cute

beautiful
                  yeah you are

lol

Comment

• i almost feel like this should expand into a conversation about butt sex now.. there should be alcoholic beverages and snacks
                    I laughed so hard because I was thinking the same thing sort of. A bunch of women sitting around sipping wine and eating lovely small plates talking (and screaming with laughter) about anal intercourse.

i pruned down my bush to a more manageable level.
                    Fixed that for you.

how the hell are baby elephants so cute
                    I had an ecology professor who said that one theory about why we find babies so cute is so we don't kill them or eat them.

B*tch-lite

Comment

I laughed so hard because I was thinking the same thing sort of. A bunch of women sitting around sipping wine and eating lovely small plates talking (and screaming with laughter) about anal intercourse.
                      This is basically true.

Comment

Fixed that for you.

I had an ecology professor who said that one theory about why we find babies so cute is so we don't kill them or eat them.
                        who doesn't appreciate a well trimmed bush, i ask you

Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                        This is basically true.

who doesn't appreciate a good buttsexin', i ask you

i'm baby sitting a dog this week. he's a good boy and i'm going to accidentally change his name to little lamb, the back of his head with his curly mop and wide black ears look just like it.

he's a clingy little fella though. he follows me around everywhere, at night time he tells me when it's bed time by adding soft whines to his following. when i leave i hear him start whining through the door and when i get back he whines while he follows me for a while.

the first day he growled at my boys for sniffing him then looked confused when he wanted to play with waka but waka growled at him. everybody's settled in though. he and bear are currently napping head to butt.

he's also naturally scrawny so my inner feeder tendencies are flaring. i want to ply him with butter and potatoessss.

i did something wrong with the stretching routine i did several days back. i don't know what. but back has been pulsing at a constant 7-8 daily and i wasn't sure if the pills were going to help at all. one night it took hours to ease up. i kinda just want to live in bed. but i bought a giant rake and i'm going to tackle the millions of leaves from winter

gramma bought me a blue rose bush and it's growing nubbins already after soaking in water for a few days. i still think that's a neat magic trick, it looks like a dead stick til you add water

wheat grain consumption has been reduced to one meal a day

annnnd.. i dunno

this is killing me right now

it's kinda dirty. so. nsfw?

http://i.imgur.com/3u6yJiK.gifv
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                          who doesn't appreciate a well trimmed bush, i ask you

who doesn't appreciate a good buttsexin', i ask you

i'm baby sitting a dog this week. he's a good boy and i'm going to accidentally change his name to little lamb, the back of his head with his curly mop and wide black ears look just like it.

he's a clingy little fella though. he follows me around everywhere, at night time he tells me when it's bed time by adding soft whines to his following. when i leave i hear him start whining through the door and when i get back he whines while he follows me for a while.

the first day he growled at my boys for sniffing him then looked confused when he wanted to play with waka but waka growled at him. everybody's settled in though. he and bear are currently napping head to butt.

he's also naturally scrawny so my inner feeder tendencies are flaring. i want to ply him with butter and potatoessss.

i did something wrong with the stretching routine i did several days back. i don't know what. but back has been pulsing at a constant 7-8 daily and i wasn't sure if the pills were going to help at all. one night it took hours to ease up. i kinda just want to live in bed. but i bought a giant rake and i'm going to tackle the millions of leaves from winter

gramma bought me a blue rose bush and it's growing nubbins already after soaking in water for a few days. i still think that's a neat magic trick, it looks like a dead stick til you add water

wheat grain consumption has been reduced to one meal a day

annnnd.. i dunno

this is killing me right now

it's kinda dirty. so. nsfw?

She's a freak
                          Gah!! I'm at work girl! I'll try to remember to check it out when I get home. Have to agree with your other observations regarding shrubbery and the other... Sorry your back is bugging you. So enjoy your journal. I have piggy birds myself. I love to watch them but shoot those little gluttons are going to eat me out of house and home. Have fun with the dog sitting!
                          Breathe. Move forward.

Comment

• i'm glad you enjoy it, honestly i feel like i'm a really boring person haha everybody's off doing all kinds of things and i'm just sitting here petting a dog

but i accept my crown as emperor of one liners with all the lack of grace and humility the occasion calls for

i'm still baby sitting a dog. i'm starting to wonder if i'm going to have to sign adoption papers, the owner is nowhere to be seen so far. and his clinginess is starting to get to me. and we all hung out with a relative who has a lady pup, still mostly a puppy but old enough they're like IT'S A GIRL! so the little lamb has been growling at my waka tonight and i am highly unamused. there is no competition for who will be boss dog. *I* am boss dog, little brat. but saying his name in a stern tone knocked it off and they're all dozing around my feet. but damn i can't handle long term clinginess. which is probably why i'd make a terrible parent 'oh my god, just.. go play with daddy, mommy needs a drink'.

last year i had minor obsessions with pinks and corals on my lips. now it's shifted to ashy browns. and i don't know why. the type of color that's not so affectionately referred to as 'butthole lips' on makeup forums. the type of color that is the antithesis of spring and renewal.

the type of color that is an eyeliner

The Sunday Girl :Scottish Make-Up and Beauty Blog: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Pencil in Taupe - Review

that i put on my lips and murmured 'that's perfect..'

also i've been jonesing for 'he loves his hammer' from shiro cosmetics for a while now, like an almost anxious feeling that i might need it but definitely want it because it is beautiful

but i've stayed strong. even though shiro is now selling this.

Nic Cage Dyeing Eggs on a Sunny Green Spring Morning | Shiro Cosmetics it's ridiculous and i love it. but i'm staying strong.

i went through all the similar shadows i currently own and swatched them on my hand and have a few that are very close to he loves his hammer so i feel better

bay bought me the seven kingdoms collection for christmas before last and he teases me for keeping it safe and not using them because i don't want to mess them up. but all the pretty, it's so hard to use them.

and so, SFW puppies

beautiful
                            yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Puuuuuuuggggggggs!!!!
                              Breathe. Move forward.

Comment

• Pugs as Easter eggs are very cute!

He loves his hammer is a great color. I like dark eyes and light lips, so I'd love that as a lipstick. If I wore lipstick. Which I don't because I can feel it.

Ut oh on the babysitted dog. I hope that works out and the owners come back.

B*tch-lite

Comment

Working...
                                X