the purple prose of petunia pettigrew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i've reached that middle ground where i can call him my little turd and have my eyes leak at the same time

dumb dog

i miss him
    yup... understand that...

Comment

• the squats and rows caught up and here is the pain, exquisitely crystalline like a line drive swing to the kidney

my words are my art

like a group of toddlers with finger paint

sleep is still erratic. vitamin taking is becoming erratic. too much caffeine to compensate, sometimes i feel a little manic.

sibling has a new puppy, all gangly legs and ears. i held out a piece of chicken for puppy and puppy got so excited that those little puppy teeth tore my finger open. i want you to know that outwardly i was calm and understanding of the exuberance of youth, my harshest reaction being 'ow dammit, my finger is not eatable'. but inwardly, i want you to know, i punted that puppy across the room 5 or 6 times.

i'm thinking that metformin is like the default pill for pcos. i've spent a lot of time trying not to eat pills, i'd see people on health shows with a table full of pills and think 'wow i'm glad i don't have to be like that' and here i am now just like that. crazy pills, pain pills, then blood pressure pills snuck up on me, then metformin just landed in my lap. and goddammit i didn't want to go this route but goddammit it's working. i keep trying to fix things with food, i get off track with emotional eating, and it just never worked perfectly because i never made it work perfectly so now i'm willingly setting up my table full of pills and feel like a failure

but the pills worked. despite carbs ranging from higher to lower day by day, the met is working. so thanks to the marvels of modern medicine.

my eyes burn and i'm sleepy, time to go pick up a refill of pills
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

• I know what you mean about the pills. I so want it to be true that we can fix everything through diet and exercise, but sometimes you just gotta take the pills. I had a bout recently with crazy hunger, insomnia and all the accompanying mood swings. I tried changing my diet, it didn't work, got blood work done, doc adjusted my thyroid meds and voila a well rested, sane person re-emerged.
        Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Metformin for me was a miracle drug with the PCOS. I am not a fan of a pill for every little ache and pain but some meds have a place.

I am proud of your restraint for not punting the puppy.

Comment

• Good on ya for not punting puppy.....

For all the crap that alopathic medicine gets for pushing pills, it does have a place. I've never heard of a crystal healer ever "cure" anyone in cardiac arrest.... or stop the bleeding of a traumatic amputation....

Comment

• As the daughter of a woman who used crystals for healing, I can tell you that she now takes her thyroxine and admits that life wasn't worth living without it.
              I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• i should probably get a medal for my restraint. maybe one that has 'for not playing kick the baby' engraved on it.

i texted bay asking if i would become a werechicken since i got chicken grease in the cut and he said probably. .

as for the pills.. i guess it's just because i think i should be stronger. if i were i wouldn't have to take them because i wouldn't need them. blah. perceptions vs reality nonsense i guess.

i slept last night. 6 to 6. had 2 big salads for breakfast which may or may not have been a mistake since i'm very full now.

i'm still in a fair amount of pain but for one reason or another when am i not any more

last night was shoulders and rows
                beautiful
                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                lol

Comment

• well. i was just gonna take a couple hour nap and wound up sleeping til 2am. i'm mad now.

food during the day was some boneless ribs and broccoli with cheddar shreds, food tonight was a plate of salad. baby greens, chicken, cheese shreds that added no taste, pineapple chunks. so i'm doing okay foodwise.

i have a heavy craving for mushroom pizza that's lingering but i don't yet feel like getting cauliflower and making flat dough

i almost got suckered into buying some fancyish face cream but i read the ingredients and it's mostly silicons. i want my face to feel soft and smooth because i am soft and smooth, not because it has a layer of slippery on it.

face skin has gotten touchy as hell since i started using cetaphil. it got great with that, then i accidentally bought the one without lather and now my face gets dry at the drop of a hat if i use anything but the lather free gel.

but i don't feel cleeeeeeeeeeean without lathers

my eyes burn so i'm not as awake as i feel

i did squats yesterday so i guess modified push ups and shoulders and arms tomorrow/today/tonight or whatever. back hurts a fair deal so i'm not doing sets and sets of reps and sets. still hurts though. but whatever i guess.

waka did the long stretch against my leg that cookie used to do, so i rubbed all around his ribs like i did with cookie. it made my heart and eyes warm up and sting.
                  beautiful
                  yeah you are

lol

Comment

• a few months ago i signed up for emails from a handful of paleo bloggers because, you know, so i could keep up with news and such. 90% of it is basically 'lose weight with this one simple trick!' 'never do this if you want to l ive to old age!' 'NEVER EVER DO THIS EXERCISE IF YOU WANT TO GET FIT!!'

and then it links to a podcast or something needing money. like jesus dude/ette what are you going to say next, 'do this one simple trick i discovered! doctors hate me!'

i hate shit like that. just give the info you want to give. i can't take you seriously as a credible source if i have to follow 5 different links to 5 different sites to get to the article you wrote which is 3 paragraphs long that basically says 'love yourself, love your body, i'm a self love advocate, i hate weight loss books but i decided to write a weight loss ebook for reasons, buy it for 37$'.

STOP. SELLING. YOURSELF. IN DROPS. AND DRIPS. stop doing those stupid opening paragraph teasers then make me have to click links to read your point. stop doing those reactionary 'NEVER DO THIS!' lines ESPECIALLY in those opening teasers. stop making yourself and what you offer such an aggravating product. YOU ARE NOT A PRODUCT. IT SHOULD NOT FEEL LIKE I'M WATCHING A 2AM INFOMERCIAL JUST TO READ YOUR DAMN ARTICLE ON A BLOG.

but what do i know, i'm just a consumer.

last few ribs and cheesey broccoli rice last night, pancakes and eggs this morning, leftover rib and rice goop for lunch.

my lower abdomen feels crampy and weird. i'm a little more easily aggravated today. and other things. so i guess a 23 day cycle wasn't enough for me.

and i'm pretty tired because meds.

cookie likes to feature in my dreams. last night it was him escaping from a flimsy lawn pen and a strange man calling him while slowly driving by. and a vegan wanting to give them vegan dog biscuits on her daily walk.

i mean, you know, i'm not a helicopter mom when other people want to share food, but that was weirdly specific.
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

lol

Comment

• my body can't decide how much to sleep. the night before last it was around 12 hours. last night it was maybe 4. i'm falling into the ease of too much carby food. i stopped working out for a few days because of pain, i guess now that it's easing up it's time to squat again. i have zero motivation to do any big house related tasks, i'd really rather just pay someone to clear the yard.

waka and now bear do the cookie stretch so i can rib rub them. it breaks my heart in good and sad ways.

i'm going to get flower bulbs to plant around his grave

all the garden stuff is out already in stores and i have to keep reminding myself it's still january. the weather is not winter weather.

and i guess i'm just tired and exposed nerves. i didn't even want to talk out loud with bay tonight. I'M SORRY I REJECTED YOUR VOICE I LOVE YOU.

maybe i'll sleep tonight. maybe i'll actually feel like i slept in the morning.

uncomfortable bras are the devil
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

lol

Comment

• doing just one set of a most-of-full-body routine just seems kinda pathetic. but that's what i'm working with. i tell myself it's okay and as i get stronger then i can add more if it doesn't hurt too much. PATHETIC.

but i slept all night. i feel like i've been up for a week though.

i ate an omelet with some cheese and 2 slices of crispy bacon inside earlier. the later, pineapple. then later i ate chicken and english peas and chocolate milk. i don't know why i've been craving chocolate milk so much lately but i'm not with child so i guess it's part of the female hormones thing.

i'm just really tired and i feel as though i should write so it feels like it's all stilted and forced and most likely dull and i probably wouldn't care too much but bay keeps up with my inner workings here. so i'll bore him with love. and my pathetic exercises.

i trusted the weather today and left both hibiscus planters and pothos pot outside all day

mice are obnoxious little dicks who keep trying to go where they aren't wanted

birds are butterballs who keep cleaning o ut the feeders every other day

as much as it irritates me that a random cat decided my porch is part of his territory and peed on it, it's keeping the squirrels at a distance

if anyone pees on my porch it should be me

there was an ad by monsanto in my magazine with little cartoon facts about saving bees

the more i hear my mahm and siblings talk about the people they know the happier i am i try to keep to myself around here

i'm probably going to have to steal a back hoe or post hole digger to get through all the tree roots in the ground space i want to prettify

i need to learn to drive a back hoe
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

lol

Comment

• posthole digging tree roots can be brutal.... get the back hoe.... muuuuuch easier!

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                            doing just one set of a most-of-full-body routine just seems kinda pathetic. but that's what i'm working with. i tell myself it's okay and as i get stronger then i can add more if it doesn't hurt too much. PATHETIC.
                            Don't feel too bad. That's where I'm at too (omg finally got to the point where the second set didn't feel impossible), and I'm supposed to be this tough army chick.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              posthole digging tree roots can be brutal.... get the back hoe.... muuuuuch easier!
                              grand theft auto it is then!

i'm wondering if a tiller would work. the entire yard is mostly tree roots, but there has to be a clear spot somewhere.

Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                              Don't feel too bad. That's where I'm at too (omg finally got to the point where the second set didn't feel impossible), and I'm supposed to be this tough army chick.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                              we can do our 1 sets then double high five and yell YEAH after *nodding*

i made fajitas. it wasn't as good as i remember. maybe cause i used enchilada seasoning cause i couldn't find the fajita one til later.

i've been putting cooked-til-mushy broccoli in everything almost this past week

i've been so exhaustedly run down for days. with sleep,, without sleep, it's all the same

i made my very first set of daedric armor on skyrim. my character is growing up and looking like a badass. seriously though it's becoming immersive for me now. i look for foresworn and thalmor to kill now because yes, it's personal. the foresworn are creepy MFers, the thalmor are assholes so everybody dies and i feel like i did good deeds

but then again i had my character beat a man to death for a magic mace and willingly cannibalized people so who am i to judge, honestly

food today was alfredo rice noodles with tuna and a butt load of broccoli then fries and fish and slaw

i'm sleepy as i usually am. i've been talking to the dogs for most of the day about all sorts of nonsense. they seem more involved in the conversations when i have food in my hand.

beautiful
                              yeah you are

lol

Comment

• and so i am grumpy. bed didn't work out like i'd hoped. my jaw is sore from clenching again. gah!

bear kept stealing my hands. he licked my calf so i'd look at him and be hypnotized into scratching his chest. okay cool i can do that a while. i try to take my hand back eventually cause i want it back and it's mine, he puts his little doggy arm over it so he can keep licking my wrist and i have to keep scratching his chest.

i finally get my hand back so he sits in front of me so i have to give him the other

my female hormones are being weird. and i'm not sure if i should wait a few more days or get an early check up. i've looked at a lot of internet so i can easily imagine horrible things happening in there. like monsters. monsters moving in. there.

or maybe it's my current affair with rice and rice noodles. i don't know. i should drag my recipe books out and make meal plans like a smart person would.
                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X