the purple prose of petunia pettigrew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
    as i'm easily susceptible to suggestion from hoarding/cleaning shows, i bleached my shower the day after scrubbing it down. i also bleached my toilet.
    Those shows are a public service. They always motivate me to get off the panda fanny and start scrubbing something. And send me screaming in horror out of the living room, too. (Thank you, Diaper Mountain!!!)
    JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• eww.. diaper mountains and pepsi bottles of urine and buckets of poo that 'will get dumped out later'. I AM JUDGING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU WHILE FURIOUSLY SCRUBBING DUST OFF A KNICK KNACK.
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

• i ordered some paleo books from the kindle sale, now to read them bit by bit over the next couple of decades

i had zero idea this was a thing. never has total subjugation of a species been this adorable.

it has been disturbingly easy to go from 3 diet sodas a week to 3 a day again. and after months of cramping my body is beginning to celebrate it's femininity again, which is a euphemism for menstruation. so after cramping pain and hormonal silent snarliness i said eff it and ate nonprimal food. why, after all this time, why why why do i still not care enough about myself to not sabotage myself

no idea
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

• I know it's a rhetorical question, but for me it's more about planning. Once in awhile is fine. Also, if something isn't giving you some positive feedback, it's often tough to stick with it.

As an example, I never understood how people could be happy losing 4 pounds per month, unless they were only 20 over to begin with. And the myth has been that if you lose it slow, you have a better chance of keeping it off. But that just ain't so. Anyone who loses more than 50 pounds has less than a 1% chance of keeping it off for 5+ years. Fast, slow, low carb, low calorie, tin foil hat, etc. And Mark posted one day that people who see good losses are more likely to stick with an eating plan than people who see slow ones.

I always come back to paleo/primal after about a two or three-day shit food fest. Because I forget somehow that eating Carmelita's frozen enchiladas are going to make me feel bad.

So, maybe you're not getting enough gratification from Primal? Not sure what the solution is. Just don't beat yourself up, cuz we love you. (I used the Royal "we," there - didja see?)
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
            (I used the Royal "we," there - didja see?)

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
              I know it's a rhetorical question, but for me it's more about planning. Once in awhile is fine. Also, if something isn't giving you some positive feedback, it's often tough to stick with it.

As an example, I never understood how people could be happy losing 4 pounds per month, unless they were only 20 over to begin with. And the myth has been that if you lose it slow, you have a better chance of keeping it off. But that just ain't so. Anyone who loses more than 50 pounds has less than a 1% chance of keeping it off for 5+ years. Fast, slow, low carb, low calorie, tin foil hat, etc. And Mark posted one day that people who see good losses are more likely to stick with an eating plan than people who see slow ones.

I always come back to paleo/primal after about a two or three-day shit food fest. Because I forget somehow that eating Carmelita's frozen enchiladas are going to make me feel bad.

So, maybe you're not getting enough gratification from Primal? Not sure what the solution is. Just don't beat yourself up, cuz we love you. (I used the Royal "we," there - didja see?)
              i like tin foil hattery

i've never dug too deeply into my own head for various and sundry reasons but i think my problem is i keep going back to what is comfortable. if i'm angry i want crap. if i'm sad i want crap. i could have a plate of steak, mushrooms and buttery sweet potato & a bowl of cheap shitty boxed mac and cheese and i'd want the mac. eat it first then go for the plate.

i never learned healthy coping mechanisms growing up so i tend to react in some ways that are detrimental rather than productive. trying productive coping doesn't stick long because i keep going back to 'comfortable'

i'm still a mess, but i'm less of a mess every day

~*we*~ love you too

Originally posted by WaylandC View Post
              i seeeeeeeee you, quietness

i have a shameful secret. waka... is a sneaky pee-er. it dates back to his childhood. he was firstborn, but the smallest, so all of his attempts to assert his place were foiled by the others' bigger bumbling bodies. it drove him insane. it made him, as bay calls it, a crazypants. he can turn from my delicate little fluffy angel that hugs into a whirling, brother killing dervish in 2.7 seconds.

the only warning bear will get before the attack is waka's butt in the air, tail wagging, 5 minutes tiny lurches of excitement for the kill, the sound of tiny horses galloping, growls that travel octaves like birds travel the wind... or... you know, squeaky growls to squeakier growls... and then finally the play bite and hamstring. then galloping away again.

this insanity also involves pee. he'll pee every bit of pee out of his body, i'l think it's safe and let them in and 5 minutes later he'll find one more drop to squeeze out on what he thinks should smell like it belongs to him.

it's aggravating to say the least. pointing and saying no will shame him enough to make him look properly ashamed, so he'll find something else to drip on until he forgets i pointed and said no at the last spot

then i discovered belly bands. it was a revelation.

the last 2 days have been sprinkle-free.

i put the belts on after their morning bark and pee. they wanted back out because dammit they can't let those birds just waltz around like they own the place, so i went out to watch them in the yard. a leg was hiked. ahh damn i just put the dry pad on you. there was leaf kicking then confused sniffing as they tried to find the pee to repee on it and a shit eating grin slowly grew on my face.

i win, furballs.

no more designated pee towel for you, it's diaper time.

as for me, i had too much dressing and some bread for thanksgiving. the last few days has been mostly turkey and orange salad. i've been awake since yesterday. some christmas shopping did. more to do.

tired. full of turkey. which is weirdly sweet.

it's weirding me out.
              beautiful
              yeah you are

lol

Comment

• The human is victorious! Congratulations on outwitting the canine!
                Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• thank you, thank you it feels good, i can't lie

i picked up some cloth diapers tonight to make some more belly bands for them. the patterns are adorable. there is nothing masculine left in these dogs, they are officially my little babies with their little elephant patterned pants.

cookie loves it, oddly. or i guess not oddly, it's more attention before during and after putting the bands on, but he's been even more bouncy the last few days.

it's been a while since i last used a sewing machine so i'm going to be all 'mahm help me'

i stopped by several stores tonight and almost every one smelled horrible. my empty hungry stomach flipped to nausea on a dime. one was the store itself, the others were the people inside and it was this weird sickly sweet smell that was sort of like vomit and perfume and horror.

food was chili. i'm sleepy. my favorite lip balm is being discontinued :<. i want to mess with weights, my back wants to catch at random moments.
                  beautiful
                  yeah you are

lol

Comment

• 2 sets of belly bands made and i only cursed twice

i deliberately chose adorable baby patterns and i have literally said aww out loud while they were dancing around me in them

i'm going to force my pictures on everyone. as soon as i take and post them. and brush the dogs. they all rolled around in dried out weeds today and look like scraggly, neglected kids.

food this morning was a chicken biscuit. a very late lunch was orange salad (without cool whip) and deviled eggs a bit ago. mass chicken has been baked and ribs are in the crock pot, vegetables are still frozen tho.

took back medicine last night. weather's made it not do much except make me sluggish today. hot and cold fronts going back and forth. global warming. thanks obama.
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Can't wait to see those pictures!
                      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

global warming. thanks obama.
                        No waaaay.... Everyone knows it all Bush's fault.... Obama is blameless in everything.. just ask him.... (sorry... couldn't help myself)

Comment

• they all need fired. just put me in charge.

i don't know if i'm having low self esteem. or being realistic. or i'm just tired. but i'm having some trouble not being apathetic about my health lately. it's not all crap all the time, but it's enough that i notice and get disappointed in myself. looking for SOMEthing to light a fire under my ass and get me out of this mindset i've been looking at pictures of me. i don't like it. i don't. but what i see and how my body feels are two completely different things. i don't feel huge. i feel awkward, sure, but my sense of self doesn't match reality and that unmatching is playing a part in me not taking my health as seriously as i should. being in pain is getting me down. it's all mixing together in a giant bucket of wtfgetoffyourasswhatiswrongwithyou.

i even asked bay his thoughts on my appearance. thinking on it now, maybe it wasn't right to do? but i was hoping that it would help get my head out of my ass. he's not cruel by any means, or even blunt, but i thought if his words matched my thoughts it would click something, shovel apathy out of the way.

my thoughts 'you have to be realistic, you're not ideal, he has to look at you, why did you eat that biscuit, why did you eat that crap, look at that picture, look how you look, you have to do something, you're complacent, you're comfortable, you're not his type you're not even your own type'

his words.. were not any of that. something in me i didn't know was clenched, unclenched. i have this constant nagging fear that i'm not good enough, i'll never be good enough, because i've never been good enough for anyone else. it's still baggage i whap him with on occasion. what is the primal bandaid for this?

i ate crap for lunch and chicken salad for supper

dog diapers are still a success. i still haven't brushed them, i pick leaf bits out while i'm petting them instead because i don't know why.

i bought makeup christmas gifts. i bought me things too. i am weak in the face of vanilla scented body wash sales. buy 2 get 2 free? don't mind if i do.

hhhnnnnnnnnnggg it smells good
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Sweetheart. I have a belly. I would like to say it is a kid belly, but we all know it is a wine belly. Husband is still a lucky man.
                            I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

they all need fired. just put me in charge.

i don't know if i'm having low self esteem. or being realistic. or i'm just tired. but i'm having some trouble not being apathetic about my health lately. it's not all crap all the time, but it's enough that i notice and get disappointed in myself. looking for SOMEthing to light a fire under my ass and get me out of this mindset i've been looking at pictures of me. i don't like it. i don't. but what i see and how my body feels are two completely different things. i don't feel huge. i feel awkward, sure, but my sense of self doesn't match reality and that unmatching is playing a part in me not taking my health as seriously as i should. being in pain is getting me down. it's all mixing together in a giant bucket of wtfgetoffyourasswhatiswrongwithyou.

i even asked bay his thoughts on my appearance. thinking on it now, maybe it wasn't right to do? but i was hoping that it would help get my head out of my ass. he's not cruel by any means, or even blunt, but i thought if his words matched my thoughts it would click something, shovel apathy out of the way.

my thoughts 'you have to be realistic, you're not ideal, he has to look at you, why did you eat that biscuit, why did you eat that crap, look at that picture, look how you look, you have to do something, you're complacent, you're comfortable, you're not his type you're not even your own type'

his words.. were not any of that. something in me i didn't know was clenched, unclenched. i have this constant nagging fear that i'm not good enough, i'll never be good enough, because i've never been good enough for anyone else. it's still baggage i whap him with on occasion. what is the primal bandaid for this?

i ate crap for lunch and chicken salad for supper

dog diapers are still a success. i still haven't brushed them, i pick leaf bits out while i'm petting them instead because i don't know why.

i bought makeup christmas gifts. i bought me things too. i am weak in the face of vanilla scented body wash sales. buy 2 get 2 free? don't mind if i do.

hhhnnnnnnnnnggg it smells good
                              sounds like he said he loves you just like you are..... smart man ya got there... (I know he's a man, and men are generally portrayed as knuckle dragging Neanderthals that haven't got two brain cells to rub together, but sometimes we know a thing or 12)

Comment

• The scars that the culture and/or an abusive relationship can leave can rise up and smack even the most confident of people.

So, what do I think when I think bloodorchid? Smart, funny, kind, a lover of dogs, self-sufficient, a lover of gardens and flowers, a lover of make-up, a lover of her mother and grandmother, a lover of Bay. A woman who can jump into the middle of an online fracas, and diffuse it with a silly turn of phrase. And with all of the stuff the internet has to offer, a woman who writes a journal that I check anytime something new has been written. A person with an appreciation for weird stuff (think doggy diapers as an example).

And that's just what I've gleaned from your writing here at purple prose. Bay is a lucky man, and it sounds like he's smart enough to know he's lucky.

And fersure if you were in charge, the world would be a better place.
                                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                                X