the purple prose of petunia pettigrew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WaylandC View Post
    Maybe your positivity is not for other people, but instead with other people. At least this may be the case with someone you know and are comfortable with.
    i'm gonna be a negative nancy and debbie downer and rain all over everyone's parade

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
    The whole positive-thinking movement just makes realists feel bad.

You know who's happy all the time? Puppies. So, unless you have the intellect of a puppy, you're going to have negative or at least less than positive moments.

(And I might use your post as inspiration for one of mine.)
    on the one hand puppies get play time and belly rubs and nonstop cuddling due to extreme cuteness and can pee on the floor with only a gentle admonition. on the other, i'd hate myself for being that dumb, eventually.

decisions decisions..

i walked up slopes and down slopes again today. i've also needed a pain pill twice. earlier i felt a bit drunk, now i feel half sober but drunk tired. i still stubbornly hate needing them but today i remind myself that this is why i have them.

i don't know why i demand stupid levels of toughness with myself but try to make life easier for others. if i babied myself half as much as i baby my dogs i'd probably freak out

i really do feel half drunk. there was about 7 hours spaced between pills. i don't even know.

i think bed. my mind is chanting it.

http://i.imgur.com/dUKjp8N.mp4
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

• yesterday was a walk day full of meds day, so i was in a good mood

today.. hurts. it hurts. i tried and failed not to let it get to me. i put on 2 salonpas patches but i just want to eat a handful of meds and be not sore and gimpy and hunched over and pathetic.

i text my guy because he makes me feel better

i've been looking through holiday makeup items to decide what to get my makeup loving relatives

i've been rubbing waka's tiny belly with my not so tiny foot so he blisses out with the tip of his tongue showing

weight is still trickling downward. no diet soda is good, lower carbs is better.

part of me is still firmly CW when it comes to saturated fat. my cholesterol numbers are great and i was sort of really surprised, with all the butter and coconut oil and chicken skin and fatty pork and cow cuts and cream cheese and scrambling 6 eggs at a time sometimes.

i still get a little horrified when i do that last one
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

• Sorry you're hurting.

Yesterday I had ice cream for supper. No chemicals, but not low carb. Today has been cheese and eggs (and a bit of whiskey). Almost no carbs. Balance.

Totally cool on the weight! :::cheerleader emoticon here if I had one:::
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• the weight makes me happy the mysteries of eating lay its hands on me today. i absolutely cannot be around some bread products without eating it so last night i had some of ma's bready food and this morning i was down 3 pounds

sooooo coo

even if i gained it back with tea, it was so super coo

i've come to terms that i have some kind of food addiction. i watch horror shows about obesity, it shows them eating buckets of burgers and i'll think 'hmm.. a cheesy cheese burger would be pretty good' instead of being disgusted by the gluttony or whatever. so i KNOW i can't be around flour for long, but i also KNOW if i eat some i know how it will affect me. then i sigh and take a bite.

which is a roundabout way of saying that while i have my head up my ass, i don't have my head up my ass about 'refeeds' with bread. i've been pretty liberal with potatoes and apples so it's not like i'm starving my thyroid here, my body crying out for sustenance. i just cannot be around it without being affected at least half the time.

today was another walk day and we decided we wanted to take waka, so i put his collar on and got the leash and we headed out. when he got in the grass.. he was having none of it. it was probably the leash, none of them like leashes, they probably think it's a snake stuck to their necks i don't know. i have neurotic dogs. they're just like mommy. no amount of baby talk, cooing, cajoling, gentle tugging, sitting and waiting had an effect. like the tree standing by the river, he would not be moved etc. so i carried him. because he's a baby, but he's my baby.

through elbow crease sweat and small hills, i carried him

we'll do it again, he's gotta get used to it eventually

but with fussy dogs and bent ankles, we've already knocked 7 minutes off our time.

afterward half of my back was numb and tingling and the other half was hellfire and rage. now it's just generally sore.

food was chicken mini drums and green beans. i had to think, but that was it. sugar crashes have ended already, yay. no food for hours after waking up and shopping and dog tending and walking. no shakies or anything but hunger after everything. good.

so walmart had some as seen on tv items on clearance. i picked up a stone wave for 5$ because i wanted one, but not for 19 dollars. there were so many and now i believe it's because people don't know a good thing when they see it. so today i picked up another. i freaking love that thing, it actually works as advertised. i've enjoyed many an apple or potato with it.

it's becoming some kind of symbol of my growing contentedness. look at that, spinning and cooking my potato in 3 minutes. making it taste good. i'm cooking something right. that means life is right. we're making baby steps in the right direction with that little spinny crock and lid.

my weight is creeping down much faster than it creeped up. walking hurts but i'm doing it anyway. i can now cook a juicy chicken breast. symbols, symbols everywhere.

but i couldn't sleep last night, so i just got a handful of hours. so i'm tired now. goodnight world.
          beautiful
          yeah you are

lol

Comment

• it's a world of meh.

maybe it was the rain. maybe it's the inability to sleep like a normal person. maybe it's the prolonged cramping.

one improvement though, the entire slab of rib muscle that gets angry frequently is only a small spot lately instead of spread out. if that even makes sense. uh.. the area of inflammation has shrunk from the entire slab of meat to a smallish spot.

food is up and down. last night was 2 bowls of dressing, this morning was eggs. there is no rhyme or reason to my meal planning, there probably should be but right now i don't have the patience or lack of contrariness to make and stick with a laid out menu.

because if i can make things difficult for myself, i will.

and i don't know. maybe i just need a nap.

beautiful
            yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Are you still napping?
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• naw i wish, i'm still tired. i guess i just haven't had a whole lot to say about anything. i'd come here to make some random little update, just look at the screen then close it out

but i have this, which made me laugh. an example of marketing from south park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLSN5IN8q1E

i'm kind of known in my family as the one who hates christmas. it's not that i hate the holiday, but the christmas ads and decor and music coming out in the beginning of october makes me haaaaate christmas

i still like the gifts tho

while meat shopping today i decided to roam around some, see what holiday stuff was out, and i saw a chubby owl in a scarf mug. and i wanted it. i don't know why, i guess my rage is mellowing in my old age, so now i have a christmas mug to drink my french vanilla with a splash of coffee

cookie got loose again. i heaved a sigh and decided to just hang out there with him. watched him flop, tumble and roll in the grass. by the time i noticed what he was so excited about he had crap smeared all down his side. gross. dog, you're gross. but the damage was done and he was now turning in a circle on his shoulder in it so i let him have at it. his smelly butt was happy, then he got a long bath.

his occasional glances up to smile at me in his ecstasy of stench may have been worth it. but not by much.

the stuffed potatoes i tried making the other day were pretty terrible and thank god they're finally gone

pig ribs and some quick slaw were today's food. it's been years since i made or had slaw but stomach said 'today you make this'

i'm attempting to watch a horror movie but i can't really get past the teenage boyfriend looking 30
                beautiful
                yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Oh man I hate when my dog rolls in stinky stuff, thankfully it hasn't happened in quite a while. Whenever he (the corgi) disappears on a walk in the woods it's the first thing that comes to mind. If there's water in the creek we make him swim otherwise we have to put him in the car and drive 7 miles with him stinking up the car. It probably only happened once but that was enough to make me fear it whenever I don't see him on the trail. And bathing him is a big pain in the butt!
                  Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• well, i can tell you shaming them doesn't seem to work. i say 'you're a terrible dog' or 'you are the worst dogs in the world' and they just give me big dumb smiles and keep doing dog things.

one day i might just accidentally let it slip that they're adopted.

are corgis as great as they look? cause they look pretty freaking great and i may or may not be a fan of the big eyes and little legs.

i think i want almost all of this

http://paleomagazine.com/paleo-thanksgiving-recipes
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Shaming does not work on my corgi, dude has no shame. He's absolutely oblivious. As far as corgis being great, it depends on what you want in a dog. He loves people and people love him, when I walk him in town I have to be in the mood to talk to strangers because people always stop me to pet him. Dogs are another matter. If they acknowledge that he's top dog everything is cool, if not there could be a problem, say if he should meet a buff pitbull. I try not to let him meet truely tough dogs or people who might freak out when mister growls at their little dog, he never does anything more than growl and insist that they bow to his superiority (keep in mind the Queen has corgis). You also have to fond of shedding, they shed a lot.

Shaming does work on my rat terrier though. Just to be clear I don't shame her, she does it to herself. When she does something bad she clearly feels shame, but it doesn't stop her from doing it again, she just feels bad about it.
                      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• I once had a mutt who would shame himself. I came home one day, and saw that he'd fished a plastic container with a little bit of rice pudding still stuck to it out of the garbage. He'd licked it clean and then shoved it back near the garbage. He was all bouncy when I got home. Then when he saw that I saw the container, he looked like the saddest dog in the world. Of course I couldn't get mad at him.

I had named him Einstein, and everyone thought it was from Back to the Future, but it wasn't. When I first got him, his name was Andy and I didn't much like it. One day I took him for a walk and he picked a spot that had a small mound of snow on which to pee. The result was that the urine ran down the snow and on to his feet. I said, "Way to go, Einstein," and Einstein he was forever more.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• i must be turning into a crazy dog lady, pet stories make me happy these days

tho mine aren't very happy with me today, they're bored and i'm not in the mood to play or do much of anything

last night i got out of my car and heard a coyote pack yipping way too damn close. if the sun had been up i could have easily seen all of them and they me. i debated getting back in the car and waiting, but the part of me that wants to be dog chow said 'go on and just listen for them to get closer'

so i'm alive. i was nervous tho.

i found a new show that makes me itch to clean everything like hoarders did. obsessive compulsive cleaners, from the uk.

i want to bleach all the things.

back has been cramping the last few days.

tired. medicated.

bay still won't tell me what he wants for christmas. he keeps it up i'll get him gross cheap candy that he'll have to accept with a smile because he loves me.
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

lol

Comment

• food today was 2 bowls of rotel chicken. it pretty much wasn't worth it. i'm subscribed to muscle and fitness hers, i finally got around to reading the new one and it got me all pumped up to work out. but my back is still cramping. why do i tease myself this way.

it's a legit letdown

pot roast is in the crock pot, if i didn't feel like i had a ball of cheesy chicken in my stomach i'd say it smelled good

i was going to write more but i'm tired and it wasn't interesting anyway

beautiful
                            yeah you are

lol

Comment

• LOL on the rap battle. hahaha

B*tch-lite

Comment

• yeah they're one of my favorite things, alongside bay and butter

for any who don't know and are interested, kindle book sale for a buncha paleo books

The Ancestral Table (Kindle version) on Sale for $.99, November 25th! | The Domestic Man

on the one hand, i've had some of these in my wish list a while but am too cheap to pay 100,000,000$ for a cookbook. on the other, it's difficult for me to look at kindle books for long.

my mental state has been gradually bottoming out lately. sleep is shit. back is cramp. i do sleep, i wake up a few hours later. food has been including crap. i stole a kfc biscuit and livers. from my mom. not the eat place. it all led up to feeling like the dogs and walls were crushing me.

rubbing one dog with a foot and another with a hand helped with wanting to run away from them.

bear can now jump on the bed to chill. now to get waka to realize he's a grown ass man and can do it too and the trifecta of evil will be complete.

as i'm easily susceptible to suggestion from hoarding/cleaning shows, i bleached my shower the day after scrubbing it down. i also bleached my toilet.

yes, i do feel better for it.

i dug out my ps2 and games from the depths of dusty purgatory. it's been probably about 6-8 years since i've played it. the last time it was on my preteen nibling was a small nibling who wanted to play it. but i read that final fantasy viii was on steam and i got nostalgic and got it all out and played. muscle memory extends to thumbs on controllers, btw.

"WHY IS THIS BUTTON NOT TAKING ME TO THE MENU". because i hadn't customized it to yet.
                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X