No announcement yet.

the purple prose of petunia pettigrew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like zucchini okay, but I can't imagine using it as a substitute for noodles or pasta. yuk.

I hate when the everything sounds gross thing happens. I usually end up eating either scrambled eggs, a protein shake, or something far far worse... there are these disgusting little crawfish hand pies that they sell at one of the liquor stores - why don't those ever sound gross?
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
      I like zucchini okay, but I can't imagine using it as a substitute for noodles or pasta. yuk.

I hate when the everything sounds gross thing happens. I usually end up eating either scrambled eggs, a protein shake, or something far far worse... there are these disgusting little crawfish hand pies that they sell at one of the liquor stores - why don't those ever sound gross?
      cuz crawdads are never gross! except when you have to suck the heads.... thats gross...

Comment

I like zucchini okay, but I can't imagine using it as a substitute for noodles or pasta. yuk.

back when i was doing everything right by primal i'd do the zoodle thing. i'm not one to recommend it, get it too hot and the zukes release all the water in the sauce. eat it too raw and it's just strips of squash coated in sauce and i was never a fan of veggie filled spaghetti sauce

i'm still downloading a billion free recipe ebooks and saw baked zucchini fries with gluten free panko crumbs and that looked decent.. it might be gross too tho

and pies of any kind never sound gross because there is crack in the crust. if you can resist enough to just eat the filling, the crack seeped into it too.

...now i want apple pie filling...

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
        cuz crawdads are never gross! except when you have to suck the heads.... thats gross...
        i watched a julia child special once, she and emeril lagasse sucked the heads. they made it look so pervy.

eye contact makes all the difference

food yesterday. egg in roast beef baskets, stuffed mushrooms, a bowl of cornbread in milk.

food today. 2 of gramma's potato pancakes, egg baskets, stuffed mushrooms & mustard greens sitting in an apple cider vinegar puddle.

i'm either sleeping too little or too much. still drinking bubbly water. the mouth guard feels comfortable in my face at night. my jaw is still trying to dig through it.

i don't want to jinx myself but i'm down 18 lbs from the highest and 8 in the last month and it makes me say *yay*

i knew diet soda cranked up my appetite, but this is just a yay. i haven't been tracking calories lately, maybe i should start again so i know what i'm at.

i'm not happy with being tired all the time though. i don't know if my body is enjoying not being cranked up or if this is a pcos thing. i think i remember feeling this way several years back.

i don't always feel positively about life, i'm kinda upbeat tonight
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

• Julia and Emeril looking pervy? Did you have to poke a stick into your mind's eye after watching?

I do like sucking the heads of crawfish and even head-on shrimp.

Glad to hear you're feeling good today.

I think the only thing that ever saved me from diet soda was that I'm sometimes so cheap about some things. I look at a can of diet soda and I think water + flavor + aluminum can = 60cents and the cheapskate in me comes out. I have paid for diet tea and those sour sodas, but eventually, even those make me realize that I'm flushing my retirement fund down the toilet.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Instead of pie you could make a cobbler or a crisp with gluten free flour. They are so much faster to make than pie and there's less crust.
            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Julia and Emeril looking pervy? Did you have to poke a stick into your mind's eye after watching?

some things i just can't be open minded about. a young man and old woman makes me get all 'nooooo leave her alone, you're gonna break her hip you brute!'

I do like sucking the heads of crawfish and even head-on shrimp.

Glad to hear you're feeling good today.

I think the only thing that ever saved me from diet soda was that I'm sometimes so cheap about some things. I look at a can of diet soda and I think water + flavor + aluminum can = 60cents and the cheapskate in me comes out. I have paid for diet tea and those sour sodas, but eventually, even those make me realize that I'm flushing my retirement fund down the toilet.
              sometimes i think 'this was such a waste of money' as i twist off the cap i guess i just fit it in the budget, and now that the flavored water is so much cheaper for over twice the amount i get all 'yes, get this. get more.' i'm seriously gonna have to start making tea more regularly, i keep feeling like i'm just drinking soda and it's weirding me out

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
              Instead of pie you could make a cobbler or a crisp with gluten free flour. They are so much faster to make than pie and there's less crust.
              those are good ideas. i caved to apple pie pressure and made low class apple and cream cheese crepes, which was just the failed pancakes, cinnamon cream cheese and diced apples cooked with a butt load of cinnamon and a tablespoon of honey.

kinda too sweet but it didn't suck as breakfast
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

• i feel too warm and gross. i couldn't sleep last night but i was tired. my eyes burn and i want to sleep in a walk in freezer.

i haven't been spending emotional money in some time but today i want to buy something stupidly expensive to make myself feel better and i'm trying to rationalize it by telling myself i have all my finances in a row so it's all good.

meh
                beautiful
                yeah you are

lol

Comment

• literally, i have zero literal desire to even think about trying a short term vegan diet for whatever medical malady it might heal

maybe potatoes is something i could eat more of since too much rice is a no go

yes i've been reading alternative theories to the theories i've previously read on insulin resistance and how to heal it. i'm still failing to see how being low carb (not zero carb) could keep one a diabetic when, in general, blood sugar levels are stable. but whatever, i'm not the one with the degrees/mastery of pubmed.

since cutting the caffeine mainline i have been ridiculously sleepy. i sleep for 12 hours at a time and start yawning several hours after waking. drinking caffeine does nothing for this. yesterday i had to pay extra attention while driving because i realized i was getting easily distracted by tired eye wander.

i made flattened chicken breast pizzas. it wasn't 'hold it in your hand' pizza but it was good. there was also greek yogurt and bananas and egg baskets. today there was cheesy scrambled eggs then apples. tuna or more chicken pizza later.

when i eat less carby things i want less, when i eat more carby things i want more. such as it has always been, since i started paying attention. i'm sleepy already, but it might be due to medication this time.

my emotions are up and down

i mixed a drink last night and sipped a while watching south park, crunching ice and taking note of my non levels of buzzed relaxedness. in disgust i dumped the rest down the sink. maybe i didn't stir it enough, maybe the powers that be didn't want me buzzed and relaxed.
                  beautiful
                  yeah you are

lol

Comment

• There is so much unknown about PCOS related insulin resistance and nutrition in general. Most of the know it alls here are quoting studies done on men, which mean nothing to me because we have learned that men and women are different. Or they are studies on rats fed something no human would ever eat. I am not a rat so I don't care. I had the opportunity recently to talk to real life researchers in nutrition. They both admitted that much that is thrown around as fact is actually just unproven theories. At the end of the day, what makes the symptoms of your PCOS better today? For me, too much sugar and certain starches are bad for my PCOS related insulin resistance, send my hormones into a tail spin and may be the worst thing for my lymphoma.

You will figure it out because not only are you smart, you have common sense, which seems to missing in people these days.

Comment

• sit in the middle of a bunch of pcosers who go low carb and you get surrounded by cries of OH MY GOD I'M HAVING A PERIOD. sure i can be inclined to listen to experts and "experts" but i'm also going to take real world experience into consideration and real world experience is so far saying that the whole one true messiah diet for all is a bunch of horseshit

and it bugs me

it really does

stop telling me i don't know my own body. if you want to convert me show me studies and summaries and hell i'd be happy to read em. i like trying new things. but don't sit there and tell me to do shit that is going to affect me negatively then act like an ass when i disagree. it happens over and over, new convert by new convert to whatever diet or supplement they're currently in love with

i ate 2 small apples yesterday. it just made me hungry.

i could literally rant for much longer and i've already done a lot of self censoring so i guess i'll shut up about it

and i'm seriously glad you think i have a brain, some days i feel like i'm taking crazy pills
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

lol

Comment

• going to bed with lotion soaked, sock covered feet feels gross

i talked with mom about my blood pressure not going down despite diet changes and she said to the effect of 'well yeah you're sleep deprived and stressed'. dammit bananas! fix all the problems!

yesterday was mostly low carb i think, there were 1.5 apples. last night was protein and carbs. when i finally could crash and sleep i woke up 6 hours later.

am i officially an adult with this BP thing? it feels like it. it also feels like something broke in me. i also read about a 30 year old woman deciding to become fit and healthy and having a heart attack and dying the first time walking on the treadmill.

i'm kind of scared to do anything big now.

gah.
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                          going to bed with lotion soaked, sock covered feet feels gross

i talked with mom about my blood pressure not going down despite diet changes and she said to the effect of 'well yeah you're sleep deprived and stressed'. dammit bananas! fix all the problems!

yesterday was mostly low carb i think, there were 1.5 apples. last night was protein and carbs. when i finally could crash and sleep i woke up 6 hours later.

am i officially an adult with this BP thing? it feels like it. it also feels like something broke in me. i also read about a 30 year old woman deciding to become fit and healthy and having a heart attack and dying the first time walking on the treadmill.

i'm kind of scared to do anything big now.

gah.

That belongs in the bad day thread. And it must also be why there are so many disclaimers about seeing a doctor before you embark on an exercise program.

If you and I lived closer together, I think we could overthink and frenzy ourselves into being semi-shut-ins.

As a counterpoint to the dead 30 year old, when I hit 236 pounds at 50 years old, I halved my body weight (and lowered my slightly elevated bp) by just walking and eating less. I didn't go out after 10 years of sitting on my ample butt and walk hills for 90 min. In fact my first walk was a mere 15 min. Since I'm here, it didn't kill me. (I'm also not 118 pounds (140)). So go be a baby beast and count ever increment as a victory!

The above paragraph is meant to be encouraging. If it isn't, my bad - I flunked cheer leading. *hug*

B*tch-lite

Comment

• it's encouraging, and i know i'm being dumbish cause i do and have done plenty of physical activities but my blood pressure being weird is getting to me

can there be alcohol at our hermitizing worry frenzies? i feeeel... as thouuuggghhh...... alcohol can only be beneficial at any sort of get together

i did some feel better shopping today and it really did make me feel better, as did driving with the window down and radio loud, and hanging out with mom and sibling and then hanging out with gramma.

i got vice 3

mmm

MMM

mmhmm

i also finally got a full size tube of better than sex mascara after using a sample sized one off and on for months. it's huge. MMMMM.

and the naked2 basics palette. afterglow.

i don't need much. i'm not hard to please. these purchases pleased me.

cookie found a new way out and it's driving bear crazy that he can't squeeze through too

food was egg baskets and cheese this morning, greek yogurt this afternoon and mini drumstick hot wings this evening

i saw that rick and morty season 1 is getting released early next month and i'm pretty stoked about that too
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

lol

Comment

• can there be alcohol at our hermitizing worry frenzies? i feeeel... as thouuuggghhh...... alcohol can only be beneficial at any sort of get together
                              But of course! In fact, since alcohol is a diuretic, and one of the first things they often give people with high bp is a diuretic, I declare it positive on many levels.

I just googled rick and morty, and it sounds great!

B*tch-lite

Comment

• i love it when alcohol can be proven healthy and rick and morty is so messed up, i love that show

still drinking a ton of flavored bubbly water, current go-to is fuji apple as it's not nearly as sweet as mandarin orange. no i am not an adult who drinks plain water regularly. woke up after a handful of hours again but managed to go back to sleep. food has been the rest of the hot wings & mustard greens on some cornbread. food later will be turkey, green beans and mashed cauli.

my face feels warm but i'm done tracking BP, i've got enough for the doc and i'm tired of feeling discouraged looking at the numbers.

i let bear play with an innocent little caterpillar, he wound up eating it. watching him slurp and flip it up into his mouth was disgusting and amusing.

it's still early afternoon but the sun is setting, i'm NOT READY FOR COLD MUSHY WEATHER AND NAKED TREES

the naked2 basics is one of my new favorite things, the shadows are so freaking soft and silky on my face

i feel like putting dark shadow on my eyes will turn them into black holes, but this look is gorgeous so i'm going to play with it

Last edited by bloodorchid; 09-24-2014, 12:49 PM.
                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X