No announcement yet.

the purple prose of petunia pettigrew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if smelling like a slightly more sophisticated version of a bag of melted cotton candy is wrong, i don't wanna be right

i'll take that hug though

noooooo peeta, noooooooooooo

note to self, try not to do strenuous things in hot weather right after eating. i didn't puke. i just want to make that clear. but i thought about it.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post

and yes, i'm still stuck on sandwichy food. i will probably forever be stuck on them.

Story of my life. Been eating sandwiches lately. Hope you are great!
      Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• i'm good i'm glad you stopped by, do it again sometime

yesterday was not a good food day. i had some rolls with mahm's roast and the itch for them wouldn't go away, I WANTED MOOOOOOOORRRRRRRREEE. so i gave in with the purpose of making myself feel gross, so i ate wendy's burgers while movie watching

bleh

so presto chang-o today i wanted food-food. eggs and yogurt with cut up peaches on top

magic
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

• Hugs are always at the ready. *hugses*

The "overdosing" of a thing can work. I had an acquaintance many years ago that checked into a (I think) one week or ten day facility because she was becoming a barfly. Everything was beer. Except for enough water to keep you hydrated, you washed with beer, brushed your teeth with beer, etc. She couldn't go near a bar for many months because just the smell made her nauseous.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• i don't even like beer on a good day so that sounds particularly hellish

but effective

i have a serious serious jonesing for cinnamon rolls tonight. i am full to the top with meat and cabbage, but i'd much rather have swept everything off the table and made frantic mouth love to a warm gooey roll with a side of eggs.

icing slowly dripping down my chin

sex

but looking up low carb junk desserts seems to be helping. i'm making plans for eggs and cream cheese and cinnamon instead of heading out to pick up bad things with all the late night drunks and goofy teenagers.

there was this one blog post google sent me to that said 'this is healthy and low carb and low fat and healthy!' and it was 85% chemical. yeah, no. i am particular about the chemicals i consume.

the newest shiny thing that's catching my attention is korean skincare products. women on line say it's magic, so naturally i am intrigued. my face is soft and clear on what i already do, but no one is saying cetaphil is magic. snail cream is magic. but that's mainly immature curiosity because, ew, snail snot, i must have it.

i did check out the ingredient list on one brand's skin junk and it was a whooooole lot of silicone , so yes, your skin would feel smooth. it's being spackled.

i think mainly though i'm just having a minor crisis. i'm not ready to get older, i still haven't found my direction. so i must buy snail cream and look young forever.
            beautiful
            yeah you are

lol

Comment

• i at e a hunk of ham and it was kinda sweet. either it was due to the tea i'd just had or i'm gonna be up all night puking.

i can't keep my jaw relaxed and it hurts now. i also had some issue falling asleep last night so i'm kind of tired.

i've had eggs sitting out 2 days now, i'm pretty sure they're room temp at this point

kinda bored

beautiful
              yeah you are

lol

Comment

• If you're bored I think there's gonna be a train wreck later on the fat shaming thread.

I just got back from the store, bought ingredients to make sushi, it's been a couple of years but what the hell happened to the price of wasabi?!
                Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Cute woofer with all the sticks!

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                  If you're bored I think there's gonna be a train wreck later on the fat shaming thread.

I just got back from the store, bought ingredients to make sushi, it's been a couple of years but what the hell happened to the price of wasabi?!
                  LOL - I've been checking the forums between movies, and once I saw who joined that fray, I knew I knew it had turned into the short bus of internet discussions. She rides in on her broom to spread her vast knowledge. Someone, please throw water on her to stop the carnage!

I know it isn't as good, but horseradish doesn't cost as much. Apparently, I've been away from the Bay Area for too long.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    ...and once I saw who joined that fray, I knew I knew it had turned into the short bus of internet discussions. She rides in on her broom to spread her vast knowledge. Someone, please throw water on her to stop the carnage!
                    Yeah. Just... yeah. Like velvet rubbed the way or nails down a blackboard. I get so riled, but somehow have never learned to avoid. Perhaps I should hit ignore and give my blood pressure a break.

ETA: DONE! That's it, no more teeth grinding for me. My internet is now free of hash tag quoting, aggressive, self-congratulatory annoyance. Feels good.
                    Last edited by badgergirl; 06-29-2014, 03:48 PM.
                    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                      If you're bored I think there's gonna be a train wreck later on the fat shaming thread.

i don't even know what to say there

i mean, there's a difference between constructive criticism and assholery but that point is getting missed entirely and the topic went from point A to point 87353-z

cringeyness

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                      Cute woofer with all the sticks!

LOL - I've been checking the forums between movies, and once I saw who joined that fray, I knew I knew it had turned into the short bus of internet discussions. She rides in on her broom to spread her vast knowledge. Someone, please throw water on her to stop the carnage!

I know it isn't as good, but horseradish doesn't cost as much. Apparently, I've been away from the Bay Area for too long.
                      sometimes i wonder if we're all reading the same words on the screen or if i'm just taking crazy pills and slapping food out of a child's hands is okay and we're all just really thin shaming others

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                      Yeah. Just... yeah. Like velvet rubbed the way or nails down a blackboard. I get so riled, but somehow have never learned to avoid. Perhaps I should hit ignore and give my blood pressure a break.

ETA: DONE! That's it, no more teeth grinding for me. My internet is now free of hash tag quoting, aggressive, self-congratulatory annoyance. Feels good.
                      good luck and god speed, block is awfully handy
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

lol

Comment

• I don't think anyone thin-shames at all. Going by my journal (admittedly a small sample), the weights are all over the place. And I've never seen the usual thin-shaming mantras. "It's easy for you." That's the one my mom would use on me when I was very thin. Really, Mom? Because I've lost 100+ pounds twice, 60 pounds once, and 30 pounds once. So all in all in my life, I've had to lose over 290 pounds - wtf is easy about that? LOL And that doesn't count the 10 pounds here and there from holiday or vacation excess.

If I've learned nothing else in this life, it's that the other person's accomplishments or happiness always look like they came easy. But we rarely see the effort that went into those accomplishments. A good marriage takes work. A healthy body takes work, and if there's an underlying medical condition, may never be what we want it to be. The person working 50+ hours a week who drags himself to night courses because his company won't progress him anymore without an MBA is busting his hump while trying to have a life. But often, we only see the outcome.

For the "fat" person of say 160 whopping pounds, we can call her lazy or fat and deride her. But if we never saw her at 260 or 360 pounds, we absolutely don't know her struggle.

Dang, I think I lost my train of thought... Oh yeah, I don't see any thin-shaming. LOL

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Thin shaming, I've never seen and like I posted in the aforementioned thread I've never personally witnessed "fat acceptance". Maybe it exists, but everyone I've ever known that was fat was not happy about it.

I think some people just like to fight and are argumentative, fortunately for them there is a profession that welcomes them.
                          Hubby has a saying that I think is very wise and inciteful though on the internet it might not matter as much as it does IRL, he says there are times when being right is not as important as preserving the relationship.
                          Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• i try to be understanding of the body sensitivity on both sides because i used to be a sensitive soul myself

but i'm just too old for that shit

it's not even fun fighting! it's 'wtf are you talking about' fighting!

bring on the mma dudes in short shorts grappling and hitting, give me something happy to look at
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Have you seen this lady and her work? ...wtf.

submitted by ChristineHMcConnell

Comment

• i have i dig it

todaaaaay iiiiii feeeeeel liiiiiiike pooooo

it took hours to fall asleep, i woke up an hour later, finally went back to sleep 2 hours after that. cookie made sure i woke up instead of saying screw it and pulling pillows over my head by jumping on me and making me pet him then cuddling the he'd flip around then cuddle. i thought i could ignore having to wake up and go back to sleep with his warm little foot on my nose but that's when he started to lick my face

so i woke up, and am thankful they're not big dogs. small dog slobber is ick enough, especially when a cold wet hair strand slaps you on the face.

showers. all of them.
                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X