No announcement yet.

the purple prose of petunia pettigrew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probably not as much as they need, between shedding seasons i can go a few weeks without brushing them and the worst that would happen is waka (the strawberry picker) looking a little bed-heady

during the shedding seasons, whoa crap.. a few times a week at least and there are still hair wads scattered on the floor. cookie (the one standing against my leg) gets the worst of it, you can see he's straggly and bald looking compared to the other 2

i use a comb (both fine and regular toothed sides), a bristled brush for smoothment and general pup enjoyment & a shedder paddle brush

they could happily be brushed for hours at a time so my main problem is keeping 2 dogs out of the way so i can brush one. i start with the bristled brush and brush them til it's full, then the shed brush til it's full, then the regular side of the comb then the fine. after that i just alternate brushes and combs til they flop over on their backs. i sigh then try to brush their bellies when what i really want to do is work more on cookie's hips because his undercoat has some tangles there he never lets me work on because no kid cares about tangles

it's like he magically has no bones. i pick him up and turn him so i can brush his butt and flop. pick him up... flop. hold his thigh so he can't flop? flop
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

• Ahhahah I think all dogs I've ever groomed have that magical ability to flop when it comes to brushing those hind legs. My dad's dog was a little butt, but he was also the size of a fire brick so I just picked him up and there was nothing he could do.

Comment

• My corgi hates being brushed and he's an expert at passive resistant, what ever part you want to brush he makes it inaccessible. He also almost imperceptibly inches out of reach so as time goes by I'm stretching to reach him, when I'm done my back always hurts. This time of year he sheds like crazy and we have these nasty stickers that will work their way into a dog's flesh if they aren't removed so even if we both don't enjoy it, brushing is a must.
        Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• freakin floppy dogs.. mine will get loads of the sticker seed thingies. if i hold their fur then pull them off with my nails they'll be all WHAT IS THAT. WHY ARE YOU TOUCHING MY HAIR. LET ME SMELL THAT THING. I AM CONCERNED, CONFUSED AND SOMEWHAT OFFENDED.

if i use the shedder brush they don't seem to notice that i'm pulling things out of their hair, aside from the occasional looking at the brush which is my cue to ease up

if all else fails, i'll just cut stuff out. i'll feel the odd ping of 'that looks terrible' but it grows back the next day

and because this journal doesn't have enough gifs

smashing

i bought some wet dog food for their kongs and i think bear likes lamb more than liver/egg paste. he was all puffed up and huffing like a steam engine.

i need a back transplant

i've been freakin hungry all day and night. i ate a ton of gramma's cabbage with pepper and bacon grease and it was like nothing. i loaded up on burger meat. there will be burger. for this, partly.

Paleo Avocado Bacon Sliders Stupid Easy Paleo - Easy Paleo Recipes

and i need a back transplant

this will forever be a favorite

beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

• Glowing Plant | Seeds

Comment

• okay i need like 5 of those. at least. in vine form to grow around the dog pen and everywhere else
              beautiful
              yeah you are

lol

Comment

• i decided to be responsible and clean some. i vacuumed everything (insidious dog hairs), washed clothes, washed dishes twice. twice because i also mass cooked meat.

the thing about it is when i feel bad i don't want to do anything and don't do anything i don't have to do. but talking with a sibling about life and waka sneezing (he did an elvis lip curl. i laughed. poor pup.) got me off my figurative and literal butt.

diet dr pepper is down, i made green tea instead of relying on powdered lemonade and milk. taking a hydro every day led to having a hard time waking up & really... really weird dreams.

the only thing i haven't done is water the 2 plants in terracotta pots. i just don't want to. i did everything else. leave me alone. they can die for all i care. whine whine whine. whine whine.

bed i think.
                beautiful
                yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                  i decided to be responsible and clean some. i vacuumed everything (insidious dog hairs), washed clothes, washed dishes twice. twice because i also mass cooked meat.

the thing about it is when i feel bad i don't want to do anything and don't do anything i don't have to do. but talking with a sibling about life and waka sneezing (he did an elvis lip curl. i laughed. poor pup.) got me off my figurative and literal butt.

diet dr pepper is down, i made green tea instead of relying on powdered lemonade and milk. taking a hydro every day led to having a hard time waking up & really... really weird dreams.

the only thing i haven't done is water the 2 plants in terracotta pots. i just don't want to. i did everything else. leave me alone. they can die for all i care. whine whine whine. whine whine.

bed i think.
                  bed is a good place...

Comment

• i tried
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                      i tried
                      damn the bad luck!...

Comment

• i agree, i huffed about it

early this morning i decided to soak up sun. i've done this many times in the last few months, but this morning my arms, shoulders and face got mildly sunburned. what. the. eff.

IT STINGS. UNDER MY SHIRT.
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Read the sunburn link from the other day. Maybe something in that will make it make sense.

Comment

• nothing makes sense in this crazy messed up world anymore

except your face
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

lol

Comment

• i'm tired of feeling good one day and down the next. i'm tired of not sleeping well like i want. i'm tired, period. i want to sit outside with several giant alcoholic beverages until i can't sit up straight anymore but i don't necessarily want to do it alone.

my stomach has completely rejected all food the last few days. but on the up side my back isn't dead like it has been, even though i moved heavy stuff for mom. she would have moved it herself. i inherited my bad decision making skills from her.

my great grandparents used to say shit fire and save the matches. that phrase sums up how my day is feeling.

shit fire *cheek drag* *yawn*
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

lol

Comment

• annnnd.. i'm a gimp again

i'm having trouble with food still. i did okay for a few days, i did not do okay today. but i'm doing okay with beverages. 1 diet dp, several ounces of cran/grape juice, a giant thing of green tea.

self love thoughts and mantras aren't sticking too well. i mean logically yeah i do deserve to treat myself with love and care, but i still can't make myself actually believe it just yet.

beautiful
                                yeah you are

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X