No announcement yet.

the purple prose of petunia pettigrew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tristan is an "everbearing" variety of strawberry, and will produce fruit all summer... not alot, but it has more than one crop. It sounds like the other variety is a "normal" strayberry.... it will produce a crap-ton of runners. and each runner can produce 3 or 4 "babies" if you let it.

Get some sleep.... being awake this time of night is over-rated....

Comment

• You will love the sweet peas! They smell heavenly and are so pretty!
      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• alas i am not a smart man, i wound up staying awake

last night i cooked-cooked, it turned out pretty good. for the first time i didn't overcook or undercook a pork chop, the sweet potato chunks were roasted to doneness, the salad was, as always, pretty and good

the boys got stuffed with sweet potato and new zealand butter

it's been raining and storming daily, i think the sweet peas are drowned. they were just babies, whhhhhhyyyyyyyy..... the tomato plants and petunias are exploding because who don't like to swim when there's drainage holes. i think i'm just going to leave the tristans on the ground and let the dogs nibble

i should probably look up dogs and strawberries..

the storms and humidity are killing me. i will soon happily live on pills. at the moment i'm trying to psyche myself up into stretching before bed, even if it's just dangling from the waist and groaning like a swamp monster

i sat on the floor brushing dogs out for about an hour and could barely get up, then barely walk. is this real life? i was hunched over and stiff legged like an anciently old man

they tried to take advantage of my infirmity by kissing my face off but like moses and the red sea, i wooshed them to the side with an outstretched arm. i, cursing my inability to move and dog slobber. they, waggling in barely restrained excitement to makeout then run outside

i made jello last night. i made more tonight. i'm lookin forward to it.

so

many

spoilers

don't watch

unless you're caught up

on game of thrones

beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

• A good pork chop is an accomplishment, so don't sell yourself short!

Mom used to serve us these leathery things, but I still loved them because they came with apple sauce and mashed potatoes. A little extra chewing didn't bother me. Eventually, I learned to use an insta-thermometer to make sure the inside of the meat was hot enough, and learned to make pork chops that didn't hurt.

I'm still on the left coast, so the weather is lovely, but I've been googling NOLA's weather and it's been getting into the high 80s early in the morning. Maybe I should just pay my rent through September and stay here.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• 80 at the buttcrack of dawn.. i can see it now, i open the door and step out for the dogs' morning pee and suddenly hiss, throw my arm over my face and start smoking

i second the extended vacation

breakfast was big. burger patty topped with tomato and pickles, cut up steak and strawberries on a big bed of lettuce & 4 boiled eggs. before that i and the dogs finished off jello i made yesterday. they friggen love orange jello, i tell you hwat.

my emotions are gradually gradually elevating, yesterday i was kind of touchy about the dogs being underfoot. i sent bay a pic of bear saying 'what does he want? he's just mouth breathing on my leg'

i asked bear what he wanted. he just kept adding to the humidity surrounding us.

like please go play with your toys and stop staring at me

i pretty much gimped out on the floor the other night, it took forever and a day for my back to crackle and release tight muscles. i don't know what good leg raises will do for my behind, but i can do them even while half paralyzed. so i'm going to try some pilates from a super perky cheerleading happy smiley lady on youtube since i currently can't deadlift and squat 5000 lbs like i want to

beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

• for the first time in my life i've been accused of thin shaming.. lol

thin is my goal for god's sake

sleep is weird. period was uber gentle. i don't know if those are both contributing to my mood or if i'm just see-sawing between okay and less than okay

things i know - i'm tired, lonely, i want an empty personal bubble because 3 pairs of eyes staring at me is too much. i'm going to lay on the floor again and will probably be stuck. food was 90% primal. i don't want to wash my hair. i kind of want to shave it down. my jaw hurts. i want my stupid pcos belly to go away. i want a giant hug from bay and his giant safe arms. i will half ass some pilates while stuck on the floor.

things i also know - the weather making my back hurt is contributing to my down mood. period hormones do it too. weird sleep does it too. so i don't have to buy into my depression telling me i'm pathetic. i've been taking the mag, vit k2, krill oil and getting sun daily. i am soon due for more liver.

i think that was my attempt at looking on the positive side. i don't know, i'm tired.

i don't generally find dogs cuter than mine (some might say i'm biased, i prefer the term 'factual')(finger quotes are necessary) but these guys are close

beautiful
              yeah you are

lol

Comment

• he's adorable, what with his little chubby alien manatee body and little multihands

i ate imitation crab, black olives and boiled eggs. my stomach feels icky.

bear's new nickname is haystack, he gained some weight. and he's a little dog, and it's just a thin layer of padding over his torso, but good lord he feels heavy now.

i wanted to write something interesting, but i'm tired. so here, accept my offering.

beautiful
                yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Thin-shaming. LMAO. It's because you're an evil, evil woman. You. must. march. to. the. popular. drummer. Otherwise, you're a bitch. [/sarcasm]

I tried so hard not to like the pic of the pup in the dinosaur costume, but I couldn't help but think, "Aww..." Pup with popsicle (pupsicle?) is just darling. I want to hug it forever.

Hot and humid though it may be, I'm mentally preparing for going home. I miss my bed. I miss my nest. I don't miss the weather.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    Thin-shaming. LMAO. It's because you're an evil, evil woman. You. must. march. to. the. popular. drummer. Otherwise, you're a bitch. [/sarcasm]

i march to NO drum. unless it suits my purposes

I tried so hard not to like the pic of the pup in the dinosaur costume, but I couldn't help but think, "Aww..." Pup with popsicle (pupsicle?) is just darling. I want to hug it forever.

he's just so puffy and fluffy and unimpressed with everything <3

Hot and humid though it may be, I'm mentally preparing for going home. I miss my bed. I miss my nest. I don't miss the weather.
                    i don't know what's going on in NO but it's been raining every day for the last 100 years here and humidity is sky high

step outside and within 5 minutes you're delicately plucking your clothes off your skin and saying ugh.. ugh.. ugh... feels gross.

so you should be in for a treat

i think all the sweet peas i planted together aren't gonna make it, the keep getting drowned and washed. the left over seed i stuck in another pot is still alive but looks like it's hugging itself like an introvert next to the other plants. the single bloom hibiscus that was peachy when i bought it a month and a half ago (?) finally bloomed out and it's bright red. i'm not generally a fan of red. but it's pretty. i took pictures of dogs and flowers, i kinda want to print them off and frame them.

i like my dogs and their cute faces

i don't know what i want to eat. the meat's frozen, veggies are raw in the fridge. i just open the fridge and stare, stare at the canned stuff, go back to staring in the refrigerator.

bending my leg and raising it like a butterfly wing makes my side butt feel surprisingly weak

back deadness is easing up, burning set in. the muscle over my bottom rib is angry and punches me when i bend or turn over or stand or blink. i keep having to remind myself to sit straight, shoulders back

i dug through a recipe book for a bit for some inspiration

billyyyyyy, dinnerrrrrrr!

beautiful
                    yeah you are

lol

Comment

• I wish it would rain here in California! I will trade you! I have to water everyday or things start to die. I love hibiscus! I used to have one at my old house. I would have to dress it up in a blanket when it was going to freeze.

I just want to squeeze that puppy and then kiss its cute little nose!

I do not want to kiss the nose of the scary kitty!

Comment

• i will haaaaaaappily share my rain with you. the rain was making daily lawn rivers, i could have sent you barrels of water a day and felt like a money bags baron of.. water. oil baron would be fun though.

it's good to see you btw here is a puffy fluffy puppy just for you

beautiful
                        yeah you are

lol

Comment

• BC, when can we see pics of your little darlings?
                          Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• That puppy pic has me dying of cuteness!
                            My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• I love fluffy little dogs! As much as I love my big hairy beasts, they are not lap dogs. I would love something little to snuggle! But Arty would just think it was a stuffed animal that moved and it would not end well.

Comment

• Gah he's so regal and yet fluffy. ;W;

Comment

Working...
                                X