the purple prose of petunia pettigrew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
    That lamb is stellar. You could do that. Lamb is so prohibitively expensive here (or maybe everywhere) for big pieces like that. But that would be a heck of a splurge for a special occasion - like a birthday.

I couldn't watch more than two min of the burger vid. I wanted to boil both of them in canola oil. My anti-cutesy meter must be in overdrive this morning.
    i got burned on my last splurge o.o i got a couple of lobster tails last year, followed the cooking directions carefully and they ended up tasting like they'd been dead a few days before getting packaged. someone with better luck will have to buy me the fancy stuff

also 'i'm mixing the burger? do i need a.. my hands? use my hands? ew.. can't i..? my hands? like this? am i done now? oh.. now? do i have to use my hands?' yeah

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I love using pomegranate molasses. Whenever we go to the big city I pick some up. I've made a similar dish using pork shoulder. I use coriander instead of cumin because I just love the flavor of coriander. Sometimes I cut the meat into chunks and then make shish kabobs. Thanks for the reminder, maybe I'll take some pork out of the freezer and make that for dinner tomorrow.
    for me it's a toss up between chicken and beef, maybe i'll do both. turf and turf!

i soaked up sun a while then decided to take a nap. i wound up sleeping through the alarm, i've been clenching my jaw again, so i'm a tired sore gross feeling mess

waka got too riled up while we were playing and grabbed my hand with his teeth trying to grab the toy, twice. the little turd didn't care. TUG OF WAR! TUG OF WAR! THROW IT THROW IT THROW IT! CUDDLE ME! LAY DOWN TIME!

i'll be the first to admit my ex put the fear of god into me. i was scared of him then, i'm scared of him now. he's on my mind much less frequently these days, thankfully, a bad memory or bad feel will only randomly pop up. i don't keep an eye out for him when i'm out. i don't worry he'll suddenly show up to kill me anymore. i did the actual math this morning and it's been so many more years than it feels like since i last heard from him, and the part of me that stays wound up on edge where he's concerned actually relaxed. kind of like a fist relaxing.

my eyes are tired

i had some roast and potatoes. i cooked burger into patties before the meat could go off. i'm rubbing my eyes. i tried to watch a movie but it sucked. i really need to start eating the liver i have frozen, i don't think eggs cover all the bases.

i finally made an appt for a pelvic check up. it's been a few years, and even though the abnormal bump found had gone away by the follow-up, it's really dumb of me to not have gone sooner

but sometimes my anxiety rules me and i pick the easier, less smart path
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

• okay. egg yolks, even in abundance, do not cover all the bases. heart's flippity flopping all over the place. i haven't taken vitamins in several days, i finally remembered i had some to take

ugh. i'm tired. i was wide awake in bed, i'm swaying on my feet now that i'm out of it. gramma mentioned last week me hiding easter eggs. i really. really. really. really. really... really don't wanna. i'd really rather just vacuum then sleep without setting an alarm to have to wake up to.

i've reached the level of tired where you WANT to tell everyone exactly what you think about them. to say that i heavily disagree with the dumb decisions some of my relatives make is an understatement.

i keep going back and forth on what i want to get me. i'm leaning towards fish guts and kelp plant food and a fancy flower pot and such today. i haven't gotten the standing garden thing yet. i keep asserting my feminine prerogative and changing my mind.

also, when i get old and die these dogs will definitely eat me. i've picked my fingertips til they bleed and they keep trying to lick them. they act like they want petted, they want my mangled flesh

beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

• i got burned on my last splurge o.o i got a couple of lobster tails last year, followed the cooking directions carefully and they ended up tasting like they'd been dead a few days before getting packaged. someone with better luck will have to buy me the fancy stuff
        I remember that. Don't let it scare you. I've ruined squid enough times, though I admit that ruining lobster tails would piss me right the hell off. Most walking creatures are pretty forgiving - unless you burn it, almost everything can be thrown into tomato sauce and cooked low and slow to be eaten another day. (Squid and octopus are like that also.)

but sometimes my anxiety rules me and i pick the easier, less smart path
        You're not alone. *hug*

also, when i get old and die these dogs will definitely eat me.
        It will be such a relief to see a headline of this scenario from somewhere other than NYC. hahaha
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• i was thinking earlier today that if i lived in new york or somewhere with apartment buildings, there should be pet tunnels for animals to slide down if their owner suddenly ceased to be. like not straight down, curved like fire escapes with a soft landing area. the sadness of finding your human dead should be mitigated by amusement park type rides with hugs at the end, before sadness turns to hunger

cats, fish and those with heart conditions need not apply as cats, fish and those with heart conditions won't go down the slide

i went to easter. my original planwas to go to gramma's early, drop off some bowls and say hi and such then leave for bed. what i did was blow some leaves and stuff around the porch, get invited to stay and eat since food was done, then talk, then play with the bird a while while gramma got ready for church. bird was given corn bread then chicken, so bird was more than happy to hang out. we went to the window and looked out at birds, talked to each other a while, clicked at each other, i asked if the bird we saw was attractive and did he want to flirt? he trilled and chirped and chattered and groaned

i have no idea what he was saying, i don't speak bird

at this point i was starting to feel sick to my stomach from being tired so when gramma was leaving for church i told her bye then put a disappointed bird up and said bye to him, then headed to the store to check out flowers and get a replacement pot for pothos #2. chunks of tree fell on it and broke the side, and it's ugly, and i'm tired of looking at it. so i also got 3 flowers. i forget the names of 2 so i'll just call them pretty

i get back and am sort of nauseated and cutting ugly pot pothos down to managable levels when i am cajoled into doing easter by a relative shamelessly using their adorable 2 year old. 'i'm blow buhboos! come to easter chicken hide the eggs buhboos, blow buhboos? come on let's go'

so i did and hung out and conversed and blew buhboos for a few hours. when everyone was gone, gramma and i commiserated over body aches and i put pizza boxes on the burned wood pile and then she insisted on raking debris on the refreshed fire even though she has her own achy spots. she was finally done. i tried not to hover too much and only asked if she wanted me to do it twice

i've been spending much time outside with the pups. hummingbirds are flying and hovering and sitting in trees in proximity of my flowers. i was watering them yesterday evening when a male who was chasing another nearly flew into my face. i actually went NNNH! and jerked back because when small pointy objects zip at your head, it's surprising

and today another one sat on a flower pot. and then IT SAT. ON. THE FLOWER. OH. MY GOD. HOW PRECIOUS. and tiny. and sweet.

also, of scientific note, they poo in about 1.5 seconds or less. tail flicks up and white blur flies out. if there were any scientists out there interested.

i had pizza yesterday, i'm a terrible cave man. i had soup and apple pie slice and a peanut butter brownie and burger patty and gluten free potato pancake today

oh god i'm still tired. it's almost bedtime. it's been almost bedtime since i woke up.
          beautiful
          yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Easter and babies and hummingbird poop in seconds - oh my!

it's been almost bedtime since i woke up.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• beautiful
              yeah you are

lol

Comment

• i was worn out, i got in bed, i couldn't sleep

fffffffffffffff me..

i really like the masculine turn of this

and i love the original

now i'm going to go do nothing until i have to do something
                beautiful
                yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Considering my Easter involved soju and more distractions than god. Have a good sleep my friend. Cheers!

Comment

• some sleep was had and i feel relatively normal today, cheers!

the harvest is in, we'll not starve this winter. 1 whole strawberry is ready to be eaten. the babies are really pretty soft green, i kinda want to charge my camera batteries and take a million pictures

yesterday my hair was down to mid-back, tonight it's.. shorter. about by half. 'hnnnng thank god *hair shake hair shake*'

my reproductive system is paining me and making me want to grope breasts and bay. he doesn't seem to have felt any pity and did not accommodate my requests.

it was also repulsed by the thought of chicken, beef and baby lettuces and demanded chinese which actually tastes repulsive

warm sun with cool breezes makes me want to live outside, even though a coyote was out in the yard last night. i mean, i think i have a good chance. i can take him. i'm pretty sure i could shove my fist down his throat before he could tear mine out.
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Of course nothing compares to Dolly's, but here's one more version of Jolene:

Last edited by Urban Forager; 04-23-2014, 11:41 PM.
                      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• that's coo, i dig it

i have a renewed habit of being awake for 24+ hours. it's been a few years since the last time.

i did manage to sleep 3 hours this evening. i was hoping for more, but the dogs heard stuff outside and then i had to go pick up some shopping stuff. got all that done, inhaled burger, then went out in the cool breezy sprinkly night sharing strawberries with the boys til the mosquitoes found me

agh i'm itchy
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

lol

Comment

• and i slept a grand total of 4 hours

the period may be to blame for this wake up, sometimes it happens that way. sleep light and wake up after 5 minutes. that doesn't mean i have to be happy about it. cause i'm not. at all. i wanna sleep.

accidentally put too much salt on my eggs. that was.. unfortunate.

my mom buys the vitamins i introduced her to on her own. yessss... yes, feel the hippie organic health flow through you

among the necessities while shopping last night, i also picked up some 'feel better, crampy-sleepy' stuff. a tub of soft peppermints (MUH BAY) and one of covergirl's new lipglosses. the last time i used one of their glosses wassss.... high school? shortly after? i'm not too much of a fan is what i'm saying. but i love their polishes, and see the swanked out new lip stuff, and think 'hmmmmmm........' and picked one up

tried it on when i got home and one thin layer made my lips bright fuschia pink, and looking in the mirror, finally knew what love was

baby, no i'm playin. i'm playin so don't be mad. but come here so i can put bright pink lip marks on your face and beard.

you'll like it.

i promise.

i feel like if i don't tip over in the chair, then i'll start to hallucinate. maybe both. i read that a quarter teaspoon of pure caffeine powder will kill you. maybe i could be okay snorting 1/8.
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

lol

Comment

• last night i watched a syfy thor movie made when syfy was scifi. it was gloriously horrible. the oldest home improvement kid and his squishy potato cheeks kept having visions of himself with a long feminine wig being mighty magic thor

one man's cry of shock and sadness at his friend's severed head was just a loud version of his name. you know, like 'dude.' was said like 'DUDE.'

one woman's english accent turned southern for several words

i was supposed to believe a willowy, string bean thin woman was a viking sword wielding she warrior

it's not a nicolas cage movie, but it'll do

my entire state is preparing to blow away. i'm a little nervous. got errands did this morning. visited gramma's for about 5 minutes, shittacular sleep this week has made me less than able to deal with loud noises and crowding. or less inclined. bad/no sleep, drivers pulling out right in front of my car, period irritability & some douche canoe driving on my side of the road so long i could see the pores on his nose and was 2 seconds from driving straight into the ditch to live have all made me very very very irritable

i said fck it and bought peanut butter crunch and several different flavored pasta packets because i know i'll actually want to eat that sht instead of staring into the fridge feeling grossed out by the actual food already in there

very very irritable

but it felt good sitting outside watching hummer after hummer and all the other billion birds, until the cold front started blowing in in force and getting my naked feet with cold rain
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

lol

Comment

• I get very cranky when I don't get enough sleep, I hope you get some soon. I also hope you don't blow away with all that wind!
                              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                                it's not a nicolas cage movie, but it'll do
                                Apparently net flicks has a teribad kungfu movie collection.

Comment

Working...
                                X