the purple prose of petunia pettigrew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    (transliteration fail... ugnh) mashigo juk ja! (let's drink ~until we die, Korean toast)

Of course, with the intent that we will be drinking for a bully long time! Pour me one mate.
    Name thy poison...

Comment

• Aspro pato (literally - white bottom - skull; down in one; bottoms up...in Greek)
      Ah, the boat race with jugs of retsina...
      I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
        Name thy poison...
        I have been seriously jonesing for bourbon and ice. Usually I'm a Jameson girl, but I'm craving a little smoke.

Comment

I have been seriously jonesing for bourbon and ice. Usually I'm a Jameson girl, but I'm craving a little smoke.
          if you like single malt scotch, laphroaig just might be to your liking... has a peat(moss, not the diet) smokey flavor....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laphroaig_distillery

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
            if you like single malt scotch, laphroaig just might be to your liking... has a peat(moss, not the diet) smokey flavor....

Laphroaig distillery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            Omg doc, you may have just completed my life. My relationship with whiskey began with a smokey little red thing introduced to me by a slurring VERY irish man BBQing over peat at an irish festivale at 17. I have been chacing that one ever since!

Comment

• bloodorchid, this photo made me think of you.

"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• flowers and alcohol, i like it. i bought some dish washing gloves and for some reason they came with those kinds of flower seeds, the round orange ones, so i'm gonna toss them in the yard and see what happens :3 but you weirdos can keep your whiskeys and such, i'll be over here smugly sipping my girly frou frou fruity drinks

because i'm a pansy when it comes to drinking things that don't taste good

i took my pothos outside and gave them their yearly 3-4 times a spring/summer hair cut. i'm also using liquid fertilizer this go-round because the timed release crap leaves a lumpy cap on the dirt

the dead rose bush is definitely dead so i trimmed it down so i could pull it out of the dirt without getting stabbed. i trimmed the dead wood off the living one and got stabbed. my shirt got stabbed. in the process, a giant thorn ripped a hole in my shirt before getting torn off the stem, after which my foot got stabbed. i have flower pots ready to put flowers in, but after a few days of beautiful, skin pinkening weather, it's gonna get cold again

my restraint has been restrainy so all i got from the garden store was strawberry plants. i went back to look around because colors and flowers, saw the strawberries everywhere and said 'i need dis'. goodbye self control, hello many strawberries to come

my sleep hasn't been too great, my food hasn't been too great but i haven't had a huge appetite so damage done isn't massive. my body's new stress response is to have a clenched, pulled back jaw. it hurts, and i have to keep not pulling it back. my stomach hasn't been happy with food the last few nights, whether it's meat and veggies, or chilli and tortilla chips. hours of heart burn and burping is uncomfortable. i was in the mood for plain water after being out and getting 'dewy' while working on my plants and non existant tan and my stomach haaaaaated that

so i don't know, but i'll live

cookie's collar of humiliation is working, he can't squeeze to freedom while wearing shower poofs on his neck

and haven't slept much so i'm ready for a nap or 5
                beautiful
                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                lol

Comment

Omg doc, you may have just completed my life. My relationship with whiskey began with a smokey little red thing introduced to me by a slurring VERY irish man BBQing over peat at an irish festivale at 17. I have been chacing that one ever since!
                  lol...you are welcome....

Comment

• I have 2 nasty roses I want to kill, no matter what I do they come back with a vengeance. The are not pretty and they have no smell but they do have an abundance of thorns. I think this is where the idea for barbed wire came from.
                    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                      I have 2 nasty roses I want to kill, no matter what I do they come back with a vengeance. The are not pretty and they have no smell but they do have an abundance of thorns. I think this is where the idea for barbed wire came from.
                      There is an herbicide I have used that no plant has ever survived.... it's called Shovel.... You can also use it's smaller cousin Spade.... The weakest of the three is Trowel, but I don't think it's strong enough to kill a rose bush... lol

Comment

• and if shovel and spade fail, you can shotgun it to death i saw a youtube, maybe it was somewhere around here, a guy shotgunned a little tree

it seems like it would be really satisfying

there were supposed to be big storms yesterday but nothing really came to pass so i shrugged, thought it was over, went about my day then went about my bed last night

the big storm woke me up before 4am. i was actually kinda nervous to pee because i didn't want to get lightninged to death via toilet. the dogs were scared so they got let out and hung around my feet while i watched hell rain down 'pon the land then we went out to bark and pee on things

it feels like i've already been up all day long.

i cleared dead plants from my flower pots yesterday, they're empty and ready for more. the strawberries are some nice, much appreciated by me color outside. feels good, man.

food's been lower on fat and middling to higher on carb. supper last night was 6 fried eggs on a thin layer of oats, breakfast at butt early today was a bowl of rice and meaty spaghetti sauce

my eyes just crossed. i need to snort some adderall or something
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                        lol

Comment

• The visual of you shooting a tree to death has me cracking up.

I never thought of getting lightninged to death on the toilet. I don't like to take showers or wash dishes when there's lightning, though.

That fear does explain why you would go outside to bark and pee on things.
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Ok, I know I am from California and, therefore, know nothing about lightening BUT aren't you more likely to get hit by lightening outside, then inside, on the toilet?

Comment

• Thanks BC and Doc for the helpful tips on getting rid of the roses. I know Hubby would prefer the shotgun but we live in town. My neighbors might get a little twitchy if they hear shots that close and some how I get the impression that telling them we're just doing a little gardening might not make them feel better.

We don't get much dangerous lightning around here except when it comes w/o rain and starts fires.
                              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                                The visual of you shooting a tree to death has me cracking up.

I never thought of getting lightninged to death on the toilet. I don't like to take showers or wash dishes when there's lightning, though.

That fear does explain why you would go outside to bark and pee on things.
                                you gotta show mother nature you aren't afraid, she respects it

oddly enough though, last night when there was actually something to bark at (raccoons chittering at each other in the brush) the dogs didn't really want any part of it. their usual manly barking was more panicky and they beat me to the door to go back in

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                                Ok, I know I am from California and, therefore, know nothing about lightening BUT aren't you more likely to get hit by lightening outside, then inside, on the toilet?
                                i don't know. i know it can come in, but i don't know when. all i was imagining was getting struck on my delicates o.o

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                                Thanks BC and Doc for the helpful tips on getting rid of the roses. I know Hubby would prefer the shotgun but we live in town. My neighbors might get a little twitchy if they hear shots that close and some how I get the impression that telling them we're just doing a little gardening might not make them feel better.

We don't get much dangerous lightning around here except when it comes w/o rain and starts fires.
                                seeing their faces when the explanation is gardening would make me happy haha

i played catch with a 2 year old while his mom was checking out ahead of me. a 2 year old doesn't ask to play, a 2 year old grins over the ball and throws it at you so you better get with the program and catch the bouncy ball and hand it back for more

i puttered around gramma land and homestead land and a cat, hence forth known as Bug, of house Cuddle and Love, hung out with me a while. i've seen said Bug before when it ran to me meowing frantically like i was a long lost loved one and rubbed around my legs and feet. 'hi who are you?' but i pet him/her all he/she wanted. i say he/she/it because i can't tell if it's a fixed male or never pregnated female. i'm leaning towards fixed male now, the snaggle toothed skull is huge and there are no nipples

my processes of deduction are very scientific

but today there was cuddling against me while i sat, and kneading my arm when i pet, and the knead zone looked like a case of eczema on steroids. it's better now. but i did wash it twice with warm water and anti bacterial soap as soon as i could, bug is a dirty cat with dirty claws

food has been mostly salads with eggs and ham and strawberries for the last few days. i had roast at grammas. i have chicken cooked and ready to put up for later.

i had to bring the strawberries in, it's getting too cold again. everything did get taken out to spend the day in muted sun and rain though

i'm tired. i kind of want to get in bed and kind of don't.
                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X