No announcement yet.

the purple prose of petunia pettigrew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently I backwards (shocker there, right?).... touch me with a cold stethoscope and the other end puckers...

Comment

• Love the babies! And I will tip-toe around until spring has you wanting to jump up and down and the flowers have you happy!

Until then, these are for you:

LOL @ doc's puckering.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• hnnnnnnng roses

too many nights near zero killed one of my rose bushes, but the other is sprouting new leaf buds as we speak. GREEN LIVING THINGS. ARE EVERYWHERE. and birds. and squirrels, which i could do without, but they're okay

maybe i'll get one or 2 of these for the squirrels so they leave the bird feeders alone/look dumb for my enjoyment

Amazon.com: Accoutrements Horse Head Squirrel Feeder: Toys & Games

zoloft is my bff. i'm generally upbeat and if i'm not upbeat i'm just tired and even-keeled in my emotionals. i'm taking vitamins, i'm sleeping, my appetite is down, my lbs are down, i'm not emotionally eating or spending, i'm hugging and playing my boys more which leads to them being even more like happy waggy velcro

i only thought they were attached before

lots of petting?
        ehh that's cool

hugs?

beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

• aw jeez, that face, my heart

beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

• i woke up with a sinus headache. i don't like em. i used a neti pot, i haven't taken advil or anything. i might tho.

i've been under a blanket watching tv most of the day/night in my pajamas, getting up for food and letting dogs out and in. occasionally cookie would jump up and lay on me, act sleepy then bunny hop all over me in excitement when i'd try to get up. i was crazy munchy for about a 6 hour window and kept going back for food til i felt sick

i guess i just feel kind of sick overall, my hands were shaky a bit ago and my eyes wobbled a little when i was looking down. my face is warm. meh.

i watched birds congregate at the feeders for a while, discovered that female cardinals are fussy little p-words. other birds move around? no big, just fluff up and huff and flop into a leaf pile. a male cardinal does? HOLY SHT RUN. saw some itty bitty preshus little gray fluffballs i've never seen before. turns out woodpeckers like the new food with fruit bits. the bats are out, and i like that too. mahm thought she saw a hummingbird in a tree the other day so i put out their feeders just in case.

i swear i'm like an 80 year old woman. bird feeders, small dogs, gentle light gardening, i want to get a rocker for the porch, roses

aww.. i just remembered a tiny small cookie puppy nibbling a green bean leaf

i think about it sometimes. i should be doing more exciting things since i'm still young and crap, but the flowers and birds make my mind serene and quiet. not much does. i don't know. i've been to clubs, i've been to bars, i've watched male strippers stripping, it all got boring pretty quickly.

i keep trying to tell bay i'm weird, he keeps trying to tell me i'm not, i keep not believing him

the farm supply shop has an elevated wooden garden bed with rails for pots and and stuff for sale for a little over 100$, it's big and comes up to my hips. i have itchy fingers for it.

also another store is rolling out the flowers and herbs. COLORS EVERYWHERE, HEY THERE'S A BEE TOO. i restrained myself admirably until i saw half off tulips for 40 cents, so i got some orange ones

there were also healthy budding rose root wads. i really wanted those. one said it smelled spicy! what's a spicy rose smell like? we should find out!
            beautiful
            yeah you are

lol

Comment

• i swear i'm like an 80 year old woman. bird feeders, small dogs, gentle light gardening, i want to get a rocker for the porch, roses
              Not at all. There's all kinds of cultural pressure to congregate in groups - some even state that it's mentally healthy. But if you build a nest to your liking and you love that place more than any other, I see no reason to hang with the masses. (But I'm sort of loony, so that might be bad advice.)

the farm supply shop has an elevated wooden garden bed with rails for pots and and stuff for sale for a little over 100$, it's big and comes up to my hips. i have itchy fingers for it.
              I can't remember if you also plant veggies, but V posted that her elevated bed(s) are thwarting the rabbits. A little over $100 seems like a great deal.

30 boxes of Cap'n Crunch = one raised bed.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• If liking those things makes you an old lady, I am right there too, except I have big dogs. I had an old ugly adirondack chair that I spray painted purple and put on my back porch so I can enjoy the birds and the sounds of spring. This time of year is amazing, especially since we got rain. I think liking bright colors is an old lady thing too.

The raised bed sounds perfect. I got one similar and it is the greatest thing. No bending and no pesky rabbits. It, along with my worm farm, is now encircled by mint pots to keep the raccoons away too. Gardening is a very centering thing, I think. Think of all the yummy and pretty things you can grow.

Comment

• I'm with you and VH on the watching birds and enjoying dogs (mine are small and medium) but I decided I don't care for gardening.
                  You are so lucky to have Cardinals we don't have any birds that are that colorful. We do have hummingbirds. I used to put out feeders but then I got worried that I might make them sick if I didn't clean the feeders well enough, too much responsibility. We do have shrubs that they like so that keeps them coming.

I also used to put out bird food but then Hubby said it was attracting rats (they come up from the creek) and then the rats try to get into the chicken coop to eat the chicken food. So I had to give up my bird feeder. We have a little rat terrier and she's really good at alerting us to vermin but I think it takes more than 1 terrier to catch a rat. I certainly don't want a whole herd of terriers, one is more than enough. She and Hubby go out on "patrol" together, she finds the rats and Hubby sometimes sets up traps for them. His next project is to get an airgun so they can hunt rats. He might include our son on that project.
                  Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• O....O'

I NEED AN APARTMENT. Maybe I am an old lady at heart too. That explains why I drink with people my parents age and my life goal is a garden, pets, and sheep.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                      Not at all. There's all kinds of cultural pressure to congregate in groups - some even state that it's mentally healthy. But if you build a nest to your liking and you love that place more than any other, I see no reason to hang with the masses. (But I'm sort of loony, so that might be bad advice.)

I can't remember if you also plant veggies, but V posted that her elevated bed(s) are thwarting the rabbits. A little over $100 seems like a great deal.

30 boxes of Cap'n Crunch = one raised bed.
                      30 boxes of peanut butter crunch is a lot of deliciousness

i've grown veggies too, sometimes i even ate some (sometimes i just like looking at the food instead of eating it) (trial and error showed me my containers were too small for some of them) (food can get surprisingly big) (parentheses)

turns out if you put a plant in a 3 gallon container in the middle of a very hot summer you gotta water it at least twice a day or else it gets baked, so that's why sometimes i just got to look at my food

i'm currently in a phase where nothing looks or sounds good, maybe i'll just eat the strawberries that randomly grow on the plants i picked up tonight

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                      If liking those things makes you an old lady, I am right there too, except I have big dogs. I had an old ugly adirondack chair that I spray painted purple and put on my back porch so I can enjoy the birds and the sounds of spring. This time of year is amazing, especially since we got rain. I think liking bright colors is an old lady thing too.

The raised bed sounds perfect. I got one similar and it is the greatest thing. No bending and no pesky rabbits. It, along with my worm farm, is now encircled by mint pots to keep the raccoons away too. Gardening is a very centering thing, I think. Think of all the yummy and pretty things you can grow.
                      i like growing mint and smelling it but i rarely put it in anything and i don't know why. i'll occasionally nab a leaf to munch on, the same with stevia. the dogs also randomly munch on that haha

i'm ready for flowers!

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                      I'm with you and VH on the watching birds and enjoying dogs (mine are small and medium) but I decided I don't care for gardening.
                      You are so lucky to have Cardinals we don't have any birds that are that colorful. We do have hummingbirds. I used to put out feeders but then I got worried that I might make them sick if I didn't clean the feeders well enough, too much responsibility. We do have shrubs that they like so that keeps them coming.

I also used to put out bird food but then Hubby said it was attracting rats (they come up from the creek) and then the rats try to get into the chicken coop to eat the chicken food. So I had to give up my bird feeder. We have a little rat terrier and she's really good at alerting us to vermin but I think it takes more than 1 terrier to catch a rat. I certainly don't want a whole herd of terriers, one is more than enough. She and Hubby go out on "patrol" together, she finds the rats and Hubby sometimes sets up traps for them. His next project is to get an airgun so they can hunt rats. He might include our son on that project.
                      mine alert me to birds and bugs. and leaves. neighbors coughing far away.

aww, i think you should set up a hummingbird feeder. they'll let you know the sugar solution is off before they could get sick, they'll stop eating it. my plan is to clean them every 3rd day til it gets hot, then every 2nd, just hot water and soap then fresh sugar water

i can be your personal hummingbird cheerleader!

Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                      O....O'

I NEED AN APARTMENT. Maybe I am an old lady at heart too. That explains why I drink with people my parents age and my life goal is a garden, pets, and sheep.
                      yes, and fainting goats. a whoooole herd of fainting goats.

i'm glad i'm not the only old lady around here, i feel better in my disinclination to club and bar. drinking is fine though, i'm still inclined for that.
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                        drinking is fine though, i'm still inclined for that.
                        Whew.... thought we had lost you to the dark side there for a minute.....

Comment

• You can always drink and watch birds and look at the pretty colors in the garden. Pick a little mint and make a mint julep!
                          Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                            Whew.... thought we had lost you to the dark side there for a minute.....
                            i'll teetotal when i'm dead at 118

which reminds me, i need to restock my mini bar

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                            You can always drink and watch birds and look at the pretty colors in the garden. Pick a little mint and make a mint julep!
                            because that sounds good. maybe alcohol is what i'm hungry for. there's nutrients in it somewhere to be deficient in.
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                              i'll teetotal when i'm dead at 118

which reminds me, i need to restock my mini bar

because that sounds good. maybe alcohol is what i'm hungry for. there's nutrients in it somewhere to be deficient in.
                              Cheers!
                              Here's to long life and health!

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                                Cheers!
                                Here's to long life and health!
                                (transliteration fail... ugnh) mashigo juk ja! (let's drink ~until we die, Korean toast)

Of course, with the intent that we will be drinking for a bully long time! Pour me one mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X