No announcement yet.

the purple prose of petunia pettigrew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about your eclectic tastes! First you've got this smoky eye/neutral lip thing going, which I think is sexy as all get out. Then there's the bright thing which for some odd reason reminds me of Lucille Ball. I think the bright one is overkill. I'm a big fan of bold eye/neutral lips or neutral eyes/bold lips. The bold/bold doesn't do it for me. However, if you do try the Lucille Ball one, I'd love to see it, and will compliment you all over the place. Because that's just the kind of supportive friend I am. *smooch*
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• a supportive friend is the best kind of friend to have 'how does this look?!'

'*eye twitch* it's delightful'
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
        so i finally watched the last air bender. theater trailer 'psh i'm not watching that'. dvd commercial 'psh'. online reviews.. why am i reading those if i have no intention of watching that movie.

oh, it's on tv. well nothing else is on. i have nothing better to do right now. i'm totally not watching this because i read it was terrible, i'm just using my god given american freedom to leave it on this channel..

..oh my god that was a bad movie. it's the crown princess to the twilights
        ZOMG, that is the WORST MOVIE EVER. And I own it. Because sometimes I just need to watch the worst movie ever.

This is a delightful criticism of that most horrific excuse for cinematic entertainment:

JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• the thing that gets me is that it's only 4 minutes, that movie deserved more

i was watching all the choreographed routines to toss fire/water/dirt balls and i was just like 'dude just run up and punch him'
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

• i'm coughy. and sniffly. and my eyes, they're scratchy.

beautiful
            yeah you are

lol

Comment

• woke up feeling 'heavy' today, like doing everyday things took some extra effort. i fumbled some words and phrases. felt like a water balloon was in my head.

is it zoloft? is it the sandwiches i've been eating? i dunno. i guess i've been sorting through some shit (or avoiding it) and caring about food is low on the list. but, like, it's like there's an old lady on my shoulder glaring and sighing with disapproval so i guess i'm not completely apathetic

went grocery shopping at a new place and holy shit. all the food looked fresh, i was actually all '*gasp* pretty' about the meat. the prices were even lower than my usual meat place, it wasn't full of gooey beef fat, it looked like it came from the barn that morning, the roasts still have the bone. but it's not local, there are 'from mexico' stickers on some of the beef

still though

i wanna know what love is, new store, i want you to show me

i'm sort of over the whole 'buy hippie everything' mentality. 'buy hippie some things' is more cost efficient and less organizationally stressful.

i went through some upcoming books and got kind of excited to read some of it. maybe my aversion to books is coming to an end.

beautiful
              yeah you are

lol

Comment

• i'm sort of over the whole 'buy hippie everything' mentality. 'buy hippie some things' is more cost efficient and less organizationally stressful.
                +1 My line in the sand is beef (actually any products from cows/steer) because of the double whammy of daily antibiotics and hormones. And most farmed fish. After that, I'm pretty flexible.

Also, I'm getting tired of meat, and feel like I could live on seafood and rice with small amounts of fruits (especially lemons for the fish) and veggies. I'm dreaming of squid and salmon (and lox) and herring and oysters and catfish - oh my! Normally I'd think that was because spring is right around the corner, but it's so cold here, that can't be the case. (Always the worst weather at Mardi Gras for some reason.)

The frog is so cute!
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• i haven't looked up mexico's cattling practices so i don't know what goes on yet, i was hesitant at first but then i remembered earlier reading that slaughterhouse workers in the US were sexing their cows

i can't imagine it being much worse than that, south of the border, but i'm kinda leery on googling it regardless

but the roasts look like they came from a happy cow

okay i nutted up and went to google.. the page is loading..... i'm scared, someone hold my hand... well, from what i can tell mexico generally imports beef to the us, grass fed has been the norm until recently when the peoples want grain fed chunkers & my query about antibiotics led to a page of chipotle grill news

so i guess i'm safe o.O

seafood though. i can't get sated on seafood, but i will be more than happy to attack a plate of shrimp! maybe 5 plates of shrimp. but to be safe, all of the shrimp

beautiful
                  yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                    all of the shrimp
                    Grassfed seems to be the general rule outside of the reach of American "taste buds." Whenever I go to the market here, they're like oh, you want American beef?

Noooo not that shit.

Once you go Aussie...

Comment

• I'm imagining what fields of grass fed shrimp would look like.

Orchid, I eat much more in ounces when I eat seafood (except raw oysters, because much more than a half to a whole dozen and they go from looking yummy to looking like snot on a half shell), but I figure it doesn't matter because the calories in most fish are so low.

I've got eight ounces of catfish I defrosted yesterday, so I have to eat that today. And I'm defrosting a pound of shrimp to boil and chill. A bit of surf and surf.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                        Once you go Aussie...
                        That sounds impossibly rude to me.
                        I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                          That sounds impossibly rude to me.
                          Well the kiwis don't export their beef.

(You'll never go... Saucy? Well, also true.)

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                            I'm imagining what fields of grass fed shrimp would look like.

Orchid, I eat much more in ounces when I eat seafood (except raw oysters, because much more than a half to a whole dozen and they go from looking yummy to looking like snot on a half shell), but I figure it doesn't matter because the calories in most fish are so low.

I've got eight ounces of catfish I defrosted yesterday, so I have to eat that today. And I'm defrosting a pound of shrimp to boil and chill. A bit of surf and surf.
                            maybe my ancestors were goat herders or something, i just can't do fish

but i like watching them swim though, maybe i can get my o3s from that

Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                            Grassfed seems to be the general rule outside of the reach of American "taste buds." Whenever I go to the market here, they're like oh, you want American beef?

Noooo not that shit.

Once you go Aussie...
                            i'm surrounded by cows in pastures so i know, logically, the beef here has to be local and at least mostly grass fed. the 'mexican beef' looks so different though

i'm just waiting for the fairy sparkles now

Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                            Well the kiwis don't export their beef.

(You'll never go... Saucy? Well, also true.)
                            my virgin eyes
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

lol

Comment

• "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Comment

• joanie you are grounded, guh roun ded. for a week.

maybe 2. them goats, man..

beautiful
                                yeah you are

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X