Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the purple prose of petunia pettigrew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
    yessss, my people. when i get around to making peanut butter cookies i'm giving you one
    There are three things wrong with that proposition... peanut, butter, and cookies. Offer to make me pavlova with cottage cheese and maple syrup topping and we're talking
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

    Comment


    • Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
      I'm with you Blood. I dont partake in the Science vs God debate because I dont believe they are mutally exclusive. To me, Science is "God". It's all just an energy unfolding and refolding. Religion is something different altogether, and most atheists are actually unbelievers in religion, not "god".
      That's a pretty good way of putting it...
      Breathe. Move forward.

      I just eat what I want...

      Comment


      • ugh. fine. precooking food is worth the hassle. back hurts like a bitch though. but being hungry and just reaching for cooked food in the fridge is nice.

        and this man is freaking adorable. he's like a puppy if a puppy were a grown man who spoke like a people, adorably



        and i want almost all of this

        31 Gluten Free Dishes To Make In November
        beautiful
        yeah you are

        Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

        Comment


        • my walmart is becoming fancy. there was a brief foray of live lobster selling, but that ended.

          i was surprised enough when they started selling refined coconut oil. now there's unrefined coconut oil, caviar, jarred vegetables from china and (apparently) grass fed butter from new zealand

          the butter is delicious btw. if that's what grass fed tastes like, sign me up permanently. i haven't felt enough of an urge to eat caviar to pay 8 dollars for a teensy jar though

          ...i like popping the tiny eggs between my front teeth

          but not for 8$

          food earlier; burger patty, some hot wings, tomato slice, fried cabbage, boiled eggs. food tonight; steak, fried mushrooms, sweet potato mush

          the boys like the butter too, and they were probably happy i shared and wish i shared more. i haven't shared much lately. but they got yolks yesterday, and waka got some up his nose which sounded uncomfortable and kinda gross when he started making wet sounding snorts

          i'm kinda tired now
          beautiful
          yeah you are

          Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

          Comment


          • I'm gonna have to try caviar sometime. I think it's gonna be a love or hate kinda thing...
            Breathe. Move forward.

            I just eat what I want...

            Comment


            • i was introduced via sushi. they didn't have a taste, but then they weren't dolloped on but spread

              and then pop pop pop in my teeth

              when i see formerly overweight people say things like 'i was disgusting' and 'gross fat', make disparaging remarks about fat people and i'm just.. like.. you're still the same person. the same. person.

              do you seriously hate yourself as much as it looks like you do? are you projecting now? wtf

              and don't try to pull the 'i just want to help' when the words you're using are gonna turn more people away than bring them in

              meh

              boiled eggs, burger patty, tomato slices, brussells sprouts, tea, diet bane
              beautiful
              yeah you are

              Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

              Comment


              • The comments that some of the formerly fat people make here are so unkind that I do actually feel a little sorry for them. Or I would if I was not thinking how nasty being thinner has made them. I don't really have much of a tolerance for unkind/absolutely non empathetic people. It is actually pretty easy to be kind but not as fun as hanging with the popular but oh so full of themselves that they injure themselves tooting their own horns crowd

                Love caviar! One of my faves that is so easy to make is halving a small boiled baby red potato, putting a dollop of creme freche or sour cream on it with caviar on top. For Christmas I will do red caviar the minced green onion. Some people like minced hard boiled egg on it too but not me. Don't tell Gay Panda but once I did this with the tiny purple potatoes from Whole Foods. So pretty!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                  Some people like minced hard boiled egg on it too but not me. Don't tell Gay Panda but once I did this with the tiny purple potatoes from Whole Foods. So pretty!
                  BBBBBLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

                  * runs out of journal *
                  JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

                  Comment


                  • Hey, have you checked out Muscle&Fitness Hers? I used to have stacks of it at home, then they did a revamp and the magazine got more like Shape (shudder) so I stopped buying it for the longest time, but it's still my go-to mag when I want to get inspired.
                    My diary comics
                    My fitness inspiration blog

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                      BBBBBLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

                      * runs out of journal *
                      Tee hee. That's funny. 😃.

                      At first I was afraid you meant me on the mean comments because I mentioned my "old fat foodie friend". But I stumbled into that thread. In my own defense he's been my friend for years, thus old, he is factually fat, and he's a total foodie. So I wasn't trying to be mean. Promise!!
                      Breathe. Move forward.

                      I just eat what I want...

                      Comment


                      • Anyone with a yellow Lab cannot, under our constitution, be mean. I distinctly remember that day in Con Law! Using the descriptor of fat is not mean when it was used to factually describe someone and to set the scene. Using the word fatties in a negative way is different.

                        Comment


                        • I have a confession to make. One day after I'd lost a ton of weight (over 100 pounds) and I was feeling all full of myself, I saw a very heavy woman eating a burrito in her car. While I'm too mannerful (is that a word?) to say anything out loud, I did make a disparaging remark in my head. I've never done it again. It made me feel like garbage.

                          There's some quote somewhere about the oppressed becoming oppressors. And while it was given in a political context, I see it all the time in these forums from so-called success stories. Show me what you look like in five years, then I'll call you a success - and I include myself in that also.
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                          B*tch-lite

                          Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                            I'm with you Blood. I dont partake in the Science vs God debate because I dont believe they are mutally exclusive. To me, Science is "God". It's all just an energy unfolding and refolding. Religion is something different altogether, and most atheists are actually unbelievers in religion, not "god".
                            Yeah, I never understood the way that evolutionist=athiest and creationist=christian got equated in that thread....
                            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

                            Griff's cholesterol primer
                            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                            bloodorchid is always right

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                              The comments that some of the formerly fat people make here are so unkind that I do actually feel a little sorry for them. Or I would if I was not thinking how nasty being thinner has made them. I don't really have much of a tolerance for unkind/absolutely non empathetic people. It is actually pretty easy to be kind but not as fun as hanging with the popular but oh so full of themselves that they injure themselves tooting their own horns crowd

                              Love caviar! One of my faves that is so easy to make is halving a small boiled baby red potato, putting a dollop of creme freche or sour cream on it with caviar on top. For Christmas I will do red caviar the minced green onion. Some people like minced hard boiled egg on it too but not me. Don't tell Gay Panda but once I did this with the tiny purple potatoes from Whole Foods. So pretty!
                              i'm not kind enough to feel sorry for them. my gramma tells me all the time 'you can't help but feel sorry for (douche of the week)' to try and bring out my charitable nature

                              Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                              BBBBBLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

                              * runs out of journal *
                              if gay panda purple panda pony pants isn't running in terror out of here, someone isn't doing something right

                              Originally posted by BrainInABody View Post
                              Hey, have you checked out Muscle&Fitness Hers? I used to have stacks of it at home, then they did a revamp and the magazine got more like Shape (shudder) so I stopped buying it for the longest time, but it's still my go-to mag when I want to get inspired.
                              that was my fave mag until the new editor came in, now it's LOW CARB IS UNHEALTHY, LEAN MUSCLE, GRAIN-FREE WILL KILL YOU

                              lean muscle. i don't even know what that is

                              Originally posted by excursivey View Post
                              Tee hee. That's funny. ��.

                              At first I was afraid you meant me on the mean comments because I mentioned my "old fat foodie friend". But I stumbled into that thread. In my own defense he's been my friend for years, thus old, he is factually fat, and he's a total foodie. So I wasn't trying to be mean. Promise!!
                              no, i do my own judging from time to time but it's for the people who deserve it. them broad swept 'fatty fat fatties are disgusting and i hate them. moooo' is what pisses me off. there are so many overweight people here that being that dumb pretty much alienates 80% of the people you interact with

                              and it's unnecessary, sometimes it still gets to me and i've been pretty numb to it for a while so god knows how someone who isn't expecting to see it HERE will feel

                              Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                              Anyone with a yellow Lab cannot, under our constitution, be mean. I distinctly remember that day in Con Law! Using the descriptor of fat is not mean when it was used to factually describe someone and to set the scene. Using the word fatties in a negative way is different.
                              if i were a betting (wo)man i'd lay down 5 bucks ripped was never as huge as he claims

                              Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                              I have a confession to make. One day after I'd lost a ton of weight (over 100 pounds) and I was feeling all full of myself, I saw a very heavy woman eating a burrito in her car. While I'm too mannerful (is that a word?) to say anything out loud, I did make a disparaging remark in my head. I've never done it again. It made me feel like garbage.

                              There's some quote somewhere about the oppressed becoming oppressors. And while it was given in a political context, I see it all the time in these forums from so-called success stories. Show me what you look like in five years, then I'll call you a success - and I include myself in that also.
                              i judge when it's called for. people who ate so much they became bed ridden then yell at the people who have to feed them because they can't feed themselves. the obese dude i saw on some tlc show who was nothing but rolls in the bed laying back like a king while his home nurse had to shove her arm an inch at a time between his legs just to wipe him down

                              i judged him big time

                              the words of the people coming out of the woodwork on that thread tho, holy hell

                              Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
                              Yeah, I never understood the way that evolutionist=athiest and creationist=christian got equated in that thread....
                              merl!
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

                              Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                              lol

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                                merl!

                                high-five-header.jpg
                                Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

                                Griff's cholesterol primer
                                5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                                Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                                TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                                bloodorchid is always right

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X