Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the purple prose of petunia pettigrew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • if a locally owned grocery gets their meats from a localish big butcher, and i am surrounded by cows and chickens in fields, do they count as 'organic grass fed natural meats'?

    speaking of, do you know how proud i was to see a sign saying 'do not spray, certified organic' in my deep south rural conservative area? so proud.

    i'm trying to make things difficulter than they should be, with regards to the dogs. one of which is currently mouth breathing on my leg...

    i woke up after 4ish hours, and felt betterish today. ish ish. ish. my stomach felt revolt-y this evening for some reason, but is back to mostly okay

    and since i didn't feel up to digging for the stand, i've been playing plague inc during bed times and trying to kill everyone

    so i'm gonna assume that the local chicken parts and livers and bones and pig ears are good. occasional yogurt and pumpkin and fish. the great day eggs are better tasting than the farmer market eggs by a large margin, and are not liquidy with a soft yolk

    that was gross, yo

    but i need to write up a meal plan for them, so i can keep it all together in my brains. come to think of it, that would probably help me with my eating too
    beautiful
    yeah you are

    Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

    Comment


    • I think local is probably fine. At our local farmers market, they freely admit that they won't pay what's necessary to get the USDA Certified Organic stamp even though many of them far exceed what's required.

      Have you tried the pig ears for yourself, or are they only for the dogs?
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

      B*tch-lite

      Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

      Comment


      • i've made broth with pig feet but haven't tasted the culinary delights of the ear

        i really wouldn't know how to cook them and figured the dogs would enjoy gnawing on them. they enjoy gnawing on cat poo, so pig ears should be no problem

        gross dogs

        beautiful
        yeah you are

        Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

        Comment


        • i'm tired and fevery and coughy and sleepy. i think the homestead is the home of the apocalypse and all the biblical plagues are coming one at a time, now it's spider crickets

          seriously. wtf.

          food is half and half healthy foods. i'll figureo ut where my head is one of these days.

          this made my heart sad

          beautiful
          yeah you are

          Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

          Comment


          • The giraffe and lion pics made me laugh.

            I was sort of surprised when I heard pig ears were eaten by anyone other than dogs. I think because of all the cartilage, they require a lot of prep. Could be a thing I should put on my 52 new things in 2013 list.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

            B*tch-lite

            Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
              The giraffe and lion pics made me laugh.

              I was sort of surprised when I heard pig ears were eaten by anyone other than dogs. I think because of all the cartilage, they require a lot of prep. Could be a thing I should put on my 52 new things in 2013 list.
              I watched an episode of "Diners, drive-ins and Dives" inwhich Guy Fieri eats a pig ear sammich...... not my cup o joe, but what the hey.... he said it was pretty good..... and how can you argue with Guy?

              Comment


              • still fevers, still wide awake til i pass out, then a handful of hours of sleep, then zombie-like functioning, then sleepiness with no sleep, then bed, then wide awake til i pass out

                this is stupid

                and watching ear cleaning videos is satisfying in a way that pore cleaning videos should be, without the nausea. people will literally film anything and put it on youtube. professional people. if youtube allowed it, people would probably film pelvic exams and prostate exams and upload it with upbeat music and scrolling words

                but that's probably what redtube is for

                i am so tired. i am not so sleepy anymoer though. stomach is still being weird and indecisive. 'should i feel nausea? *waffle waffle waffle* yay let's feel sick for no reason again!'. i don't know what i have. is this preemptive karma for killing everyone in the world several times with illness? i was already sick when i started so it shouldn't count

                and tomato soup is better drunk from a glass

                and i can sit like a zombie and the boys don't care as long as i'm slackjawed petting them

                okay let's try this bed thing again
                beautiful
                yeah you are

                Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                lol

                Comment


                • soory youze sick and sleepless...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                    I watched an episode of "Diners, drive-ins and Dives" inwhich Guy Fieri eats a pig ear sammich...... not my cup o joe, but what the hey.... he said it was pretty good..... and how can you argue with Guy?
                    I googled some recipes, and heck, once you boil the suckers into submission, you can grill them, deep fry them, or do just about anything to them. One of the best descriptions of fried was something like: crispy on the outside with a delicious gelatinous porky taste inside. Yep, definitely a must for me in 2013. I like Guy also.

                    Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                    still fevers, still wide awake til i pass out, then a handful of hours of sleep, then zombie-like functioning, then sleepiness with no sleep, then bed, then wide awake til i pass out

                    this is stupid

                    and watching ear cleaning videos is satisfying in a way that pore cleaning videos should be, without the nausea. people will literally film anything and put it on youtube. professional people. if youtube allowed it, people would probably film pelvic exams and prostate exams and upload it with upbeat music and scrolling words

                    but that's probably what redtube is for

                    i am so tired. i am not so sleepy anymoer though. stomach is still being weird and indecisive. 'should i feel nausea? *waffle waffle waffle* yay let's feel sick for no reason again!'. i don't know what i have. is this preemptive karma for killing everyone in the world several times with illness? i was already sick when i started so it shouldn't count

                    and tomato soup is better drunk from a glass

                    and i can sit like a zombie and the boys don't care as long as i'm slackjawed petting them

                    okay let's try this bed thing again
                    Sorry to hear you're still sick.
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                    B*tch-lite

                    Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                    Comment


                    • BO darlin... I'm startin to worry bout joo.
                      Too sickish for too long.

                      {{{Hugs}}}
                      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                      Comment


                      • i'll be okay, i'm feeling a little less tired but i will be MORE than happy to share my cooties via hugs

                        ...and crunchy pig ear sandwiches sound appealing right about now...

                        the good thing about primal, even when you're half off the wagon, is your immune systems gets bumped up. i'd probably be wishing for death if this were '07

                        and i guess the reason i feel less tired is cause i had diet dr pepper.. i'm pretty sure i'd feel even better if i had some vitamins and sleep. but my head is still in a weird place re; taking care of me, it's easier to eat what i want rather than what i need. i dunno.

                        showering gramma's bird is always interesting. he never wants anything to do with it and will fly away multiple times until the water hits him and then he melts in showery contentment with half closed eyes

                        and getting a butt plug in a search for face products was unexpected
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

                        Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                        lol

                        Comment


                        • Cootie sharing time!

                          and getting a butt plug in a search for face products was unexpected
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                          B*tch-lite

                          Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                          Comment


                          • Is it just me, or do the turkey necks they're feeding to the pit puppy look like something that shouldn't be . . . gnawed on?

                            Very cute puppies.
                            http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

                            Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

                            And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

                            Comment


                            • if there's a particular man in your life you're angry at, that turkey neck can be anything you want

                              like his index finger

                              Why you can't just remake "The Breakfast Club." - Imgur

                              i slept this evening and tonight. after being awake so long i swayed, i don't think it was a good idea as a fever is back and i'm slightly dizzy and woozy and my neck things feel tender

                              but a discovery yesterday made sure i'm now back on board with primal and vitamins. i found a skin tag on my arm pit. i haven't had those for years and from what i read several years ago they're from insulin badness, so here is my wake up call to get my head out of my ass

                              head, say goodbye to ass. i know it feels safer in there, but it isn't. get out.
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

                              Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                              lol

                              Comment


                              • couldn't fall back to sleep so i guess i'll kill some time til the rest of the world wakes up

                                scritching waka just spent 2 minutes

                                i may go eat a bottle of melatonin

                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

                                Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                                lol

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X