the purple prose of petunia pettigrew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
    water weight fell back off to the original low of ___._, so 9 more lbs until i get back to ___._ so i can get on with actual 'it counts again' weight loss. '
    Hm. You too? Yeah, I know exactly about that "actual 'it counts again' weight loss." I went into battle with some eggnog ice cream today. Guess who won that one? Pretty bad when you're too fat for your fat pants. ::: burp :::

In other news, since I started working from home, I've begun cursing like a sailor. Slowly but surely, any and all social graces are leaving me. Every one I know (including myself) who works from home makes a slow descent into slovenliness. I can spot my brethren at the grocery store. There we are: it's 11 a.m., and we are wearing the same sweatpants as we have for the last three days, unbrushed hair, socks ain't match. "Hey, you work from home, too!"
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

spaced between hitting 'new posts' every few minutes and commenting as necessary because my wit and all encompassing sense of comraderie are what keep people here happy. or, you know, i act like an ass and they have to put up with it or block me. same diff
      I rely on you, girl. Do not let me down. This place would be zzzzzZz widoutchu.
      "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• i'll try, i'll probably even succeed because i have an endless well of sarcastic assholery to draw from

but really tho, i'm not even trying to be funny when i reply to posts. i'm either just exasperated or amusing myself, but the fact that i amuse others makes me happeh

you know what's a strange thing to crave? turnip greens. and even tho i boiled the hell out of them all night and part of the day they STILL didn't turn out all mush and yum like my grandma's
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

• 3 things.

1, the crazy, violent druggie neighbor i grew up next to told my parents how cute he thinks i am after seeing me yesterday. i have decided that i give off pheromones that only sexually attract crazy people in person. this is the second time in a row. now that i'm getting smaller i have to plan for this happening more often. i feel as tho when my bay gets in the same room with me some deeply hidden and unknown crazy switch will flip when he smells me. i told my sister that if i disappear, i've been forced into marriage and she'll know where to find me. probably cowering in his closet.

2, i've splurged big time this month and bought 3 frozen young ducks to enjoy over the next several weeks. and oh my will i enjoy. and with my decreased appetite i can enjoy them indefinitely

3, my feet are starting to look a little bony. my toes still have some chub on them but i'll probably have skeletor feet by the time this is done
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

• the boys got their first raw animals bits to maim and destroy. cookie took to it like a raptor, i was so proud

that's a duck neck

waka wasn't sure how to go about eating this new and strange food that smelled delishus but looked weird, so he ate all around the bone, then ate the bone unless little bear got to it while i was inside

i stayed back and used the zoom, their predatory side came out with different reactions. cookie thought i was gonna steal his eats so he'd pick it up and move. bear picked it up and moved if he even thought someone was looking at him. waka, my sweet baby, was just oblivious. he would not be the alpha wolf in his pack

we has a sno. immediately excited and sniffy
            Last edited by bloodorchid; 12-04-2011, 12:37 AM.
            beautiful
            yeah you are

lol

Comment

• i ate the duck's innards. or whatever those things were tucked inside. they all looked like a heart so unless my duck was some kind of mutant, i dunno what all there was. and the meat was so rich it tasted like liver almost. so some skin and a breast and dear jesus i'm full. unless the boys rip into my ankles and legs to get at it, it'll last a lot longer than i thought

cookie is a gentleman. when i open the door for any reason he'll use his paws to push it closed for me which will grant him the beloved 'thank you cookie!' which grants me the beloved body wag, prance and happy face panting. after his raptor act with the duck parts he slammed the door shut for me lol. no, srsly, he body checked that thing and it shut with a BOOM. i don't know how to situate this. i want them to have raw food more often but am i gonna have to buy several whole chickens a week? maybe bags of wings? livers?

why do i write random things like this? so i'll remember. my memory is bad, specific details fade away leaving only general ideas unless i write them down or take pictures. and sometimes when the details fade, the emotions fade with them. if i didn't save texts or take pictures or write things, i'd forget and though i've gotten to the point of acceptance i still don't like the fact that emotions fade with memories

it makes me feel like not a human

so i have texts from my bay from last year, older texts from him on my old phone, pictures of my boys from birth til now like they were my own children so i can read or look and feel my heart swell with emotion again. you know, like normal people normally do

like this

this

this

this

and it hits me like a sting-y wave all at once and i cry and then i go back to being not a human again
              beautiful
              yeah you are

lol

Comment

• .4 lbs down from yesterday and why the hell is asparagus so bitter? why do some freaks throw it in everything? oh mai gah, torture
                beautiful
                yeah you are

lol

Comment

• I hear you about being tired of catering to people. I'm really looking forward to "old enough to know better, too old to care." Unfortunately, it's starting to happen a little too early. I'm still young enough that I need to care what my employer thinks- since I'm not old enough to retire. But it's so hard to care when they're conservative skinflints that are trying to kill us with wheat and sugar! Oh, and stress.

I can't remember who sings the song- but I know it's a bad day when I keep hearing "Dig a little deeper, look a little harder. Nope, (my give a damn's) still busted."
                  http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                    I can't remember who sings the song- but I know it's a bad day when I keep hearing "Dig a little deeper, look a little harder. Nope, (my give a damn's) still busted."
                    That's Jo Dee Messina! I went out (ok, on iTunes) and bought her album after hearing that song on the radio once.
                    My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by BeckaSki View Post
                      That's Jo Dee Messina! I went out (ok, on iTunes) and bought her album after hearing that song on the radio once.
                      Yes, that one! I know it's about love- but it's just as applicable to work.
                      http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• 6 more lbs to the it-counts-again weight, i'm getting a little impatient

i'm also wrung out dirty and sweaty cleaning for my mom for christmas. my ocd runs rampant, even the doors will get dusted
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Squee! Your boys are adorabubs!
                          Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
                          Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
                          "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

• i <3 them

i keep coming back here to look at the pic of tiny waka with food all over his face. that was his first time eating food and i think that's the night he fell in love with me because he liked the food so much, like "O.O that.... was delicious"
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

lol

Comment

• i officially have no problem climbing up a ladder. last year at this time i had a big problem because being high off the ground freaked me right out

this is strange, but handy as i now can clean ceiling corners til my heart's content. using a broom doesn't count and i have too many spiders to just piss them off by sweeping them on my face

i am well pleased indeed
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

lol

Comment

the boys got their first raw animals bits to maim and destroy.
                                Excellent!!

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                                waka wasn't sure how to go about eating this new and strange food that smelled delishus but looked weird, so he ate all around the bone, then ate the bone unless little bear got to it while i was inside
                                Are you sure Waka isn't a Papillon? He looks just like one
                                "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                                "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse
                                "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                                "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X