Lady Gecko Primal Challenge Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Gecko Primal Challenge Journal

Ok, this is it. I NEVER start something without obsessively planning it from start to finish - but I am right now. As of today, I'm going Primal. I've been doing low-carb for a long time, but I have had some issues lately with sugar/bread cravings and I have caved...........a lot.......... over the last month.

I will post more later about how I got here and where I want to go. I just needed to get the words down on the screen, to get STARTED; stop THINKING and start DOING. Grok on!
    Lady Gecko, a.k.a. Theresa.

Hmmmm, testing my siggy....

Comment

Yesterday was my first day eating totally primal. Unfortunately, I came down with a GI illness unrelated to the primal eating - just a bug that is going around work. Ate a great b'fast, but around lunchtime was overcome with nausea and other things, so didn't eat anything at all the rest of the day....

B'fast was great though - scrambled eggs with onion and mushrooms, sausage, and bacon. Still not feeling well today, so will just be trying to get all my water in and will eat when I feel better. Hopefully it's a 24-hour thing.....

Comment

Day #2 - was pretty much 90% primal today. Still not really feeling very well, got a splitting headache even after pain killers, could be the "induction flu" that I have experienced before, or a residual from my illness from yesterday and this morning. Just gonna keep plugging along and get through the first 30 days. I really need to do some grocery shopping - the cupboards are bare of primal foods. It will get done eventually.......

Comment

Welcome Theresa. I hope things get better quickly.
          Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

Thanks, Hedonist - I'm feeling back to normal today! Got tons of energy and raring to go.....

Day 3 yesterday was 100% primal, so it was a good day!

Ok, AFM today, got plans to do a lot of "lifting heavy things" - we have to carry out and load 45 sheets of OSB that we don't need for the roof - that should burn some serious calories, right? Oh, and picking up the old shingles from the ground around the cabin and carrying them to the dumpster. I'm just gonna keep telling myself it's all calories burned....... Made a big ol' primal b'fast for hubby and me today - bacon and eggs with onions and mushrooms. Yummmm! Ok, gotta get busy....

Comment

Day 4 yesterday was over 90% primal, so it was a great day! I made some turkey chili - hubby did request at least SOME beans, so I did put in one can. Turned out a little spicier than normal, but sure was good!

It rained, so we did not move all the OSB - couldn't take a chance of it getting wet and not being able to get our money back. Will have to take it back later in the week.... Back to work today. Weight stayed the same as yesterday. Tomorrow is registration night for my massage therapy school - can't wait to get started!

Comment

Day 5 today is 100% primal, as long as I don't have anything too bad before bed, LOL. I have a whole chicken in the oven with veggies and potatoes - the potatoes are for the non-Groks in my house. Here is what I ate today:

B: Breakfast shake of my own concoction
                L: Primal chili leftovers, 2 HB eggs
                Sn: Carrots, Almonds, HB eggs
                D: Roasted chicken, roasted veggies, and maybe some broccoli slaw.

Comment

Sounds like great progress! How are you feeling? I started seeing real health improvements within a few days of giving up grains and simple starches (i.e.: rice and potatoes).

Also -- love the sig: Jubal FTW!
                  Life is short: Void the warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnk View Post
                    Sounds like great progress! How are you feeling? I started seeing real health improvements within a few days of giving up grains and simple starches (i.e.: rice and potatoes).

Also -- love the sig: Jubal FTW!
                    Hi, Gunnk! I am actually feeling wonderful - I have so much energy I am having problems sleeping, it's making me a bit nutso. Best of all, I haven't had that afternoon post-lunch slump lethargy that I had in the past. In fact, I worked my butt off straight up to quittin time and beyond and didn't even realize it was quittin time....

Thanks - I love the quote myself - to me it means how I felt before PB, and I now grok that I WAS on the wrong path entirely!

Comment

Day #6 today was 100% primal except for the Diet Pepsi I had this evening. Here is what I had today:

B: Coffee, HB eggs
                      L: Primal Chili, Carrots
                      D: Chicken salad mixed w/ dill relish, organic mayo, and broccoli slaw - eaten with carrots
                      Sn: Pecans

Comment

Day #7 today was about 95% primal eating-wise. Living-wise, attitude, philosophy - 100%.

Eating:
                        B: Coffee, HB eggs
                        L: Turkey chili w/ crunched up rice crisps
                        D: big ol' bowl of chicken salad made w/ chicken, organic mayo, broccoli slaw, dill relish, HB eggs, and slivered almonds. Scooped bites outta the bowl with celery sticks, yum! I normally really don't like celery, but it was pretty good this way - gave a great crunch!

As for living primal - got out of the buiding over my lunch, had to run some errands, but the sun was out and I had the sunroof open - and I stopped at a park on the way and got out in the sun for a little while. I also checked out my local Active Endeavors store and tried on some Vibrams - thought at first I was gonna want the classics, but have to say that I really liked the fit of the jaya. I am really confused on what ones I should buy for my first pair - I'll be using them indoors a lot and for some urban dog walking outdoors, maybe some light trail walking. There are so many models to choose from!

Comment

I got my first pair of VFFs today!!!!!

I came into a bit of luck unexpectedly, and got my first pair of Vibrams today! They are the VFF Jaya in white. I know, white is pretty boring, but they should be a great transition to get people around me used to me wearing them. Once they get over the Ewwww Weird factor, then I can get some others in brighter colors.

I went to the store yesterday with the intention of trying on several pairs, but already thinking I was gonna get a pair of the classics to start. I ultimately found the regular Jayas to be much more comfortable. See, these will mostly be worn at massage school in the classroom and in clinic doing massages, as well as at my yoga classes and doing workouts. I eventually want to get a more robust pair for my outdoor activities - mostly day hiking and kayaking - but really won't have time for either one of those things right now til next spring.

See, any nice days we have right now are being spent cleaning up the cabin/lake property that we acquired last month - completely overgrown, and the grounds are littered with garbage, broken glass, and tons of rusty nails galore. As much as I'd prefer to wear vibrams out there, it just isnt' safe to do so right now. Once we get everything cleaned up and the jungle cut back, including the waist-high grass so we can SEE the ground, Vibrams are definitely a possibility....

Anyway, feeling great, went up to the bedroom early last night and spent an hour without any "glowing rectangles" and guess what? I slept through the night. Is it because I was so tired from not sleeping, or is it because of lack of glowing rectangles? Dunno, but I'm gonna try it again tonight and see if it works again.....
                          Last edited by ldygeko; 10-02-2011, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Hi there - haven't posted in a few days - been a very busy weekend so far. Carried a lot of "heavy things" yesterday helping my hubby move and load 40 sheets of 1/4-inch OSB that we took back to Lowe's. Felt pretty good after and pretty good today. Also did a lot of cleaning up out at the cabin, organizing the guys' tools into one area and sweeping up sawdust all day and stacking wood neatly and out of the way instead of haphazardly willy-nilly all over!

I've been wearing my VFFs at home religiously - and wore them out and about Friday afternoon - and can actually feel it in my calves today, a slight pulling sensation that tells me that being barefoot more often is working muscles I didn't work very often before.

Well, I better get busy, got a lot to do today.... Grok on, peeps!

Comment

Happy Monday! Had a wonderful weekend with one little glitch - my car wouldn't start yesterday. Couldn't get a hold of hubby - he was working on the roof at the cabin and didn't hear his phone. Long story - I hit a deer last February. I personally think they should have totaled my 2008 HHR, but of course the insurance company didn't think so and it was repaired. It has never been the same - weird electrical things happen now and then. The doors won't unlock - and then later work fine. The windows won't go down, and then later work fine. The sunroof won't open or God forbid it's open and won't close - and then later works fine.

Just had a new battery put in a few months ago. Neighbor jumped it for me, and he got out some tester equipment he uses and was able to determine that the alternator is definitely charging the battery. It just drained completely in about 24 hours of non-use. I've left the thing sit for a whole weekend before and it's never drained like that before. Did some checking on the internet in some HHR forums, and found several threads where this has happened to people like one time and then never happened again. There are others who have had it happen with greater and greater frequency, and they had to have the BCM replaced. (The "brain.") Really really hoping I fall into the first category and not the second - I don't have the extra dough to get it fixed right now, but I have to have reliable wheels fer gossake. <sigh> And of course it just came out of warranty a few months ago.

The best thing would be to get it fixed and trade it, but that's really not an option for me right now - we're so far upside down in the loan because of the damage to it that we'd take a huge loss. Crap. Sometimes, life stinks.

Comment

Working...
                              X