Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groktimus Primal's - Perfect Health Retreat

Groktimus Primal's - Perfect Health Retreat

Paul Jaminet and company have a week or two long health retreat going on in North Carolina. It's not cheap (about $3000 a week) but Paul is brilliant and their book is required reading. Imagine a vacation where you come back healthier and more prepared for life. How many people do that? Maybe just those that go to PrimalCon

A Look at the May Perfect Health Retreat - Perfect Health Diet | Perfect Health Diet

274/194/150
    -Transform!

Groktimus Primal's Experience

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Food Addiction

Groktimus Primal's - Food Addiction

Loren Cordain is alway a good read. Beside he may be the last real Paleo person on the planet. From the responses I get from my comments it's seems many people are practically eating whatever the hell they want. I think between the food companies hard selling and it being so easy to justify what you want to eat so badly we just may be doomed. People say "Oh that information is outdated" well I'm here to tell you the truth doesn't have an expiration date, at least not in our life time. In 100 million years maybe we will evolve to eat granite but I won't live to see it.

The Reality of Food Addiction | The Paleo Diet | Dr. Cordain : The Paleo Diet

274/196/150
      -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Where I see Paleo heading

Groktimus Primal's - Where I see Paleo heading

We all want to believe Paleo/Primal is the answer and it's here to stay. I certainly believe it's pretty much the answer but I'm not so sure it's really sticking. Mark started with the 80/20 rule and the was reasonable. Robb Wolf was nice and strict but then he started adding too many carbs into the plan. At some point Chris Kresser decided you could pretty well eat whatever you wanted so long as it didn't upset your personalized tummy. Now I hear some folks on this forum could care less about whether they even consume grain/gluten.

So perhaps for someone Paleo might mean they only eat the healthy regular Oreos and shun those nasty unhealthy doublestuff kind! Like and friend of mine used to say, "SnackWells are for those who like to feel good about being fat". We keep saying we are open to new information but that new information is leading us right back to the SAD diet one baby step at a time and as Mark would say, "How's that SAD diet workin' for Yah?". I'm ready for a little Cordain KoolAid myself.

274/196/150
        -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Ice cream so cheap it doesn't melt!

Groktimus Primal's - Ice cream so cheap it doesn't melt!

Gotta love the health implications here of a food we already shouldn't be eating all that much of...

Cincinnati mom shocked after ice cream left in heat for 12 hours doesn't melt | Mail Online

274/196/150
          -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - GMO Hope

Groktimus Primal's - GMO Hope

I think I've found a way to cut down on the population and help save the planet. Eject Monsanto employees and all their sympathizing bribe acceptors into space.

You say you want a revolution? From East to West GMO times are a changin

274/196/150
            -Transform!

Comment

• Originally posted by jfrendek View Post
              Groktimus Primal's - Where I see Paleo heading

We all want to believe Paleo/Primal is the answer and it's here to stay. I certainly believe it's pretty much the answer but I'm not so sure it's really sticking. Mark started with the 80/20 rule and the was reasonable. Robb Wolf was nice and strict but then he started adding too many carbs into the plan. At some point Chris Kresser decided you could pretty well eat whatever you wanted so long as it didn't upset your personalized tummy. Now I hear some folks on this forum could care less about whether they even consume grain/gluten.

So perhaps for someone Paleo might mean they only eat the healthy regular Oreos and shun those nasty unhealthy doublestuff kind! Like and friend of mine used to say, "SnackWells are for those who like to feel good about being fat". We keep saying we are open to new information but that new information is leading us right back to the SAD diet one baby step at a time and as Mark would say, "How's that SAD diet workin' for Yah?". I'm ready for a little Cordain KoolAid myself.

274/196/150
              OMG I could not possibily agree more!!!

I am a full time lurker on this site besides my journal....but there are literally times where I read about a poster eating (and promoting) pizza or cubans or whatever and saying "oh, it wont kill you...." and I make the mental note to not to both listening to ANYTHING those posters write iin the future. Wish I was only referring to one or two....but not so much.

Comment

• This Blog Makes ME HAPPY! ... and yes.. I keep reading that too. I have been a bit tentative about even starting a blog here because I keep seeing people recreating (or trying to) all the sweets and grains instead of just not eating them period. They creep and creep until they are far off the mark again. I think I do not get to speak much on it because if I attempt what they do, I have much more immediate and serious consequences so it is a lot easier to say no... but.. yeah.. *sighs*
                There is an infinite, thrumming, unseen web that joins everything. Everything is connected to everything else… this fact is nearly impossible for us to grasp because we are just mollusks, shut up tight at the bottom of a dark, cold ocean, trying to make sense of stars we cannot even see.

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - If you could invite one speaker?

Groktimus Primal's - If you could invite one speaker?

Thanks for the positive comments folks!

If you could invite one speaker who would it be? I would say Mark or Robb for celebrity value but honestly right now the person that makes my ears perk up the most when I see her name is Nora Gedgaudas. I can't think of one diet related piece of information that she has provided that hasn't either turned out to be true or at least fit perfectly into the puzzle around pieces that did. She also only puts together talks that contain some pretty decent info. I can't speak for the rest of her holistic medicine such as "brain training". It looks cool and it's FDA approved if that means anything. She is brilliant and seems to have a lot of integrity though so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. I'm not qualified to judge other areas of functional medicine any way. She's adopted a cool new symbol called the Inukshuk. You can read about everything on her site...

Primal Body Primal Mind - Beyond the Paleo Diet | Nora Gedgaudas

274/197/150
                  -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Hodor

Groktimus Primal's - Hodor

I have so much faith in the medical community the next time I go to the doctor or hospital I've decided that rather than talk to them I'm just going to repeat "Hodor" over and over to them like the mentally challenged character in The Game of Thrones and see if it makes any difference. I can just see it now...

What is your name? Hodor
                    Insurance? Hodor
                    Chief complaint? Hodor!
                    Have you ever been bitten by a Dire Wolf? Hodor?!?

OK then, we're just going to apply some leeches, do a little blood-letting and send you to a speech therapist.

That will be 2 million in silver or your choice of debtors prison or you may fight "The Mountain" if you prefer.

274/196/150
                    -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - This man needs to lose 100 LBS

Groktimus Primal's - This man needs to lose 100 LBS

From his scrotum...

Michigan Man Scheduled For Surgery On ‘100-Pound Scrotum’ « CBS Detroit

274/196/150
                      -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - The USDA needs submachine guns

Groktimus Primal's - The USDA needs submachine guns

It gets pretty rough harassing those farmers!

http://www.farmtoconsumer.org/news_w...e+Fund+News%29

274/191/150
                        -Transform!

Comment

• Hodor!!!
                          There is an infinite, thrumming, unseen web that joins everything. Everything is connected to everything else… this fact is nearly impossible for us to grasp because we are just mollusks, shut up tight at the bottom of a dark, cold ocean, trying to make sense of stars we cannot even see.

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Keto Clarity

Groktimus Primal's - Keto Clarity

Jimmy Moore's book is finally out! Go grab a copy...

Keto Clarity | Home

274/195/150
                            -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - My Weight is Killing Me

Groktimus Primal's - My Weight is Killing Me

Proving that the obese can never be too humiliated by those who can never be too crass I watched a show on TLC last night called My Weight is Killing Me. They had some poor 700 LB schmuck who hadn't seen the light of day in years that was trapped crapping in his bed along with every other necessary function. They took him out of the house via the garage door and brought to the hospital to lose some weight before having a gastric bypass. He had bedsores that might as well have been war wounds they were so massive and nasty.

At least he is getting some help even if it's more than a little late in game. Having been over 400 LBS myself I consume these freak shows like the government feeds on our rights. It sure is a train wreck that one cannot look away from. Understanding food addiction (and insulin resistance) as I do I can see how it happened but just like mental illness America (and most in general) choose to sweep such things under the rug because some idiot somewhere thinks it's cheaper that way or less shameful.

274/194/150
                              -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - The Monkey Bites

Groktimus Primal's - The Monkey Bites

Maybe it just wanted a slice of banana pizza?

Monkey bites California woman outside pizza parlor | Uncover California

274/193/150
                                -Transform!

Comment

Working...
                                X