Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groktimus Primal's - Husk Tomatoes

Groktimus Primal's - Husk Tomatoes

Have you ever tried a husk tomato (also known as ground cherries)? They are small berry-like yellow marble sized fruit that comes in it's own paper-like wrapper and is usually sold in pints like blueberries. They are related to the tomato and tomatillo and are a late summer to early fall treat. They are difficult to grow and low to the ground and not a lot of farms stands sell them and I've never seen them in a grocery store. They are usually a bit expensive (like blueberries) but they are worth it and the opportunity to acquire them is pretty short. I had a friend who use to call them china lanterns because that is what the look like. I think many growers and supermarkets are missing a lot of opportunity in not carrying them. They would make a wonderful greenhouse item and I believe they would become very popular once the word got out and they went mainstream. If I had to pick one summer food that would be it. It seems like my special secret sometimes because so few people know about them. When going Primal you certainly don't want to overlook any great items that could be on your menu and I have no reason to believe that they are anything but good for you. Check out the link and pick some up if you have the opportunity!

Ground Cherry, Wild Husk Tomatoes, Almost | Eat The Weeds and other things, too

274/193/150
    Last edited by jfrendek; 08-21-2013, 06:11 AM.
    -Transform!

Groktimus Primal's Experience

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - What GMO really means

Groktimus Primal's - What GMO really means

An excellent post to help clarify the food blasphemy that is being shoved down our throats for big money...

What

274/192/150
      -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Cow's Save the Planet

Groktimus Primal's - Cow's Save the Planet

I thought Superman did that. In a book with the same title I learned how organic farming takes the carbon from that atmosphere and puts it back into the soil. Carbon is not just the "Greenhouse Gas" it's the currency of life. Photosynthesis is the opposite of oxidation and it's oxidation that puts much of the carbon in the air. I also noted how grazing animals are needed to restore the land but I found it interesting that the modern herbivorous need to be coaxed into a wild grazing pattern for it to be constructive. It's like the cows need to go Primal! Also it's pretty hard to accept that the majority of plant grown bio-mass comes from the carbon in the air. It almost seems like something from nothing.

This is unbelievable regarding Nestle and Monsanto...

http://www.politicolnews.com/monsant...n-breast-milk/

274/192/150
        -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - GMO

Groktimus Primal's - GMO

Very very bad...

Top Five GMO Failures » The Epoch Times

European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) Supports Findings of Seralini’s GM Corn Rat Study Natural Revolution | Natural Revolution

Great observations...

https://medium.com/health-the-future/918b3d08f21f

274/191/150
          -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Primal Celebrities

Groktimus Primal's - Primal Celebrities

It doesn't mean much but it's always fun to hear about famous people who go Primal...

Eat Like a Caveman! 10 Celebrities Touting the Paleo Diet - ICTMN.com

274/190/150
            -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Some Worthwhile News

Groktimus Primal's - Some Worthwhile News

GMO...

Surprise, surprise!

StarLink resurfaces: GM corn banned decade ago found in Saudi Arabia ? RT News

Commonsense tells us...

Time to

This is some healthy natural stuff!

GMO crops so tough that farmers are turning to Kevlar tractor tires - Autoblog

Netrition's Health News

Will they regulate our food security away?

FSMA: Will “Food Safety” Undermine Food Security?

The mind and the gut our connected apparently.

I've Got A [Gut] Feeling, But I'm Not Going to EatAnything | Free The Animal

274/190/150
              -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Creationism

Groktimus Primal's - Creationism

It's extremely funny. I saw a post from Richard Dawkins pointing out that there is a gluten free cafe in a creationist centric museum. He said, "What's the matter? Did evolution let you down and you can't process gluten?"

274/190/150
                -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Labor Day

Groktimus Primal's - Labor Day

It's a wonderful thing! All the tourists slowly go home and leave usable roadways in their wake. The weather starts to cool down so getting some exercise becomes enjoyable and the kids go back to school which is still great even if you don't have any like me! The state fair and a mini Maine vacation are on my agenda. Other than that I must say since I can't really change the daily repetition of work/sleep I have at least become comfortable enough to run with it. Enjoy the foliage and new found freedom.

274/189/150
                  -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Spectrometer / Cool Links

Groktimus Primal's - Spectrometer / Cool Links

I have read that a handheld spectrometer is being developed to allow anyone to determine the nutritional value of produce. The theory goes that if people can easily tell what is grown in a nutritious (and probably sustainable manner) they will start to demand it. That would be fantastic!

Alton Brown...

Notebook : Alton Brown

GM Pot?

Monsanto, and GMO Terminator Cannabis

Don't feed the homeless?!?

No Soup For You

274/190/150
                    -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Time for the flu shots

Groktimus Primal's - Time for the flu shots

It's time once again to contemplate the value of getting a flu shot. I know both Mark and Robb seem to have a low opinion of them and paleo people certainly did not have access to them but is it one of those modern things that makes sense? One of my bosses even got guillain-barre disease after getting a flu shot which is pretty damn scary. If I were a healthy 20 something I would probably forego the shot but I really can't afford to miss any work and I do come into contact with a lot of people. Even though I mainly eat paleo and take vitamin D3 I don't consider myself that healthy and if I get sick not only will I be super miserable but I may develop that nasty 3 month cough/respiratory infection I seem to be prone to and I definitely don't want to end up at the doctor. I want to be pro-active and perhaps my new better insurance will even cover it.

274/191/150
                      -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Obama Care

Groktimus Primal's - Obama Care

This should be interesting to say the least. Companies are gearing up for Obama Care to start in January and it's going to be a real zoo. UPS is cutting spousal benefits to save money. It's going to cost employers big time and like everything else they will pass the extra costs on to us. I suspect this will cripple the economy further due to costs and people seeing the doctor more since they have to pay for healthcare or pay a penalty. People who buy healthcare are going to expect to receive healthcare. Many jobs will become part time or non existent and any everyone who can possibly get free care via subsidy will certainly do so. We're heading toward socialized medicine without any effective cost controls so in short we are screwed. I don't believe any one person truly knows everything about Obama Care and no one knows the full implications either. All I know is it definitely is prudent to do whatever you can to stay healthy because you want as little a part in this no win situation as possible. I don't believe the mandate is constitutional but our government is long past caring about that. In a way it's nice that they are doing something but doing the wrong thing just to look like you're doing something is far worse than doing nothing!

274/193/150
                        -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Greek Yogurt Recall

Groktimus Primal's - Greek Yogurt Recall

Chobani recalled their yogurt due to some sort of bacterial contamination that was making the containers bulge and people sick. The yogurt was said to taste soured. A lot of folks are in love with Greek yogurt these days. I don't eat it because it still has too much sugar otherwise dairy doesn't seem to bother me. Funny they don't want to call it a recall. You would think they'ed know that people would have a better opinion of them if they just bucked up and told the truth.

Chobani Pulls Gross Yogurts Off Store Shelves, Not A Recall

274/193/150
                          -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Monsanto Suit

Groktimus Primal's - Monsanto Suit

I hope the farmers win as they should but I don't see it happening. Those judges are probably long sold out many times over.

AMERICAN FARMERS APPEAL TO SUPREME COURT

274/192/150
                            -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Globesity

Groktimus Primal's - Globesity

It's our number one export!

?Globesity?: US junk food industry tips global scales ? RT USA

274/191/150
                              -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Dunkin Donuts

Groktimus Primal's - Dunkin Donuts

Check this out...

Dunkin’ Donuts to the rescue? | Wheat Belly Blog

274/193/150
                                -Transform!

Comment

Working...
                                X