They really need to be smacked down!

Monsanto threatens to sue the entire state of Vermont ? RT USA

274/192/150
    -Transform!

Groktimus Primal's Experience

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Smokers

Groktimus Primal's - Smokers

I find this all pretty amazing.I see folks going outside several times a day on every break they get to go out and smoke. It doesn't matter what kind of weather or the fact that they now pay more for medical insurance (which is already a rare and pricey commodity). They do so with an intense urgency that shows the raw power of addiction. It goes without saying that everyone is well aware that there are few things worse that you can do to your body.The price of cigarettes (let alone the inconvenience) doesn't sway them. Can you image going to the gas station and getting robbed via the high price of gas and then you go inside and pick up some cigarettes? The only way you could possibly get robbed any more would be to pick up some lottery tickets, booze and coffee/donuts! All this doesn't even take into account the future additional medical expenses when the habit catches up with them. You just know if their job demanded that they go outside in all kinds of weather they would bitch and moan. So many of them just carelessly leave their butts around anywhere just waiting to start a fire or just be disgusting as hell. They all smell worse than body odor to boot. Even the time wasted when they could be learning something is a crying shame.

I definitely don't like to be told what to do and I think smokers should be able to smoke in designated areas if they want to but I just have trouble believing so many would choose that. I know it's addictive but can't they get the strength of will to last a month smoke free and let the cravings subside to a manageable level? Hell if they quit they could take a month off from work and still come out ahead financially. Pretty soon employers will be quietly discriminating against them (if not already) because healthy employees are more productive. I also get a kick out of the way they need to light up immediately upon exiting the building and then get one more puff in before coming back inside. I would find it embarrassing if it were me. I guess it's OK as long as they're not fat!

Enough ranting

274/193/150
      Last edited by jfrendek; 05-17-2013, 07:15 AM.
      -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - School Lunch & Lunchables

Groktimus Primal's - School Lunch & Lunchables

A young school boy documented (secretly) the horrors of school lunch... (it's great)

https://vimeo.com/48406956

Someone took the time to truly take a look at just how dangerous "Lunchables" truly are...

Maria's Nutritious and Delicious Journal: LUNCHABLES and Our Brain

274/192/150
        -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Canola Crap (it's what's for dinner)

Groktimus Primal's - Canola Crap (it's what's for dinner)

Jimmy Moore posted that canola protein (formerly just animal feed) has now been classified as Generally Regarded As Safe (GRAS) by the FDA. In 2014 it will be a blight in damn near every processed product and cause similar health problems we now experience with soy. Canola is not a food it's a toxin and it was not even suitable for animals and now the food industry has been given the green light from the FDA to begin poisoning us with it. The only thing we can do is stick to eating real food as much as possible.

More diary woes...

The Vernon Hershberger Trial Begins Today

Good idea... (the rise of food swapping)

BBC News - Food swapping: The movement taking off in the UK

274/192/150
          -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - GM Crops Destroyed

Groktimus Primal's - GM Crops Destroyed

Hungary burned 1000 acres of Monsanto GM crops. It appears they are smarter and less corrupt than the US.

Hungary Destroys All Monsanto GMO Corn Fields | REALfarmacy.com | Healthy News and Information

Wow! Coconut water was used as blood plasma in war time...

Can Coconut milk be used for blood plasma

274/194/150
            -Transform!

Comment

• Just want to put this out here - this is the most interesting journal thread I've read yet. Keep ranting!

Comment

• Thank you. Gotta be good at something even if it's ranting!
                -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Too obese to go deux

Groktimus Primal's - Too obese to go deux

Have you ever wondered...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

274/192/150
                  -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - MCT's / McDonald's

Groktimus Primal's - MCT's / McDonald's

I'm trying a new experiment to burn fat and boost keytones while hopefully bringing me a little more energy. I added coconut oil to my diet and now some Medium Chain Triglycerides to see what happens.

McDonald's has a new horror in Japan...

McDonald

274/190/150
                    -Transform!

Comment

• Originally posted by jfrendek View Post
                      Groktimus Primal's - MCT's / McDonald's

I'm trying a new experiment to burn fat and boost keytones while hopefully bringing me a little more energy. I added coconut oil to my diet and now some Medium Chain Triglycerides to see what happens.
                      You'll like it. I didn't think I'd like the taste, but I do...I relish the coconut oil I put in the bowl with my poached eggs. Yum.

McDonald's has a new horror in Japan...

McDonald

274/190/150
                      I've seen quotes about the rising level of heart problems in Japan and the expanding waistlines there, too. Too bad the pursuit of money lets such things become available.

--
                      "If people were as cavalier in giving financial advice as they are nutrition advice they would likely get a Primal Knuckle Sandwich.

Steve"

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - 3 Key Discoveries / Monsanto's Dirty Dozen

Groktimus Primal's - 3 Key Discoveries / Monsanto's Dirty Dozen

I think I've found the secret to good health and weight control. It only took me 46 years!

1. Low Carb (yes Atkin's was right)
                        2. Paleo (this provides the rest of the lifestyle)
                        3. Coconut Oil (it seems to drive weight loss and sure up most pesky health problems)

Now if I could just find something magical to build muscle!

Also check out Monsanto's Dirty Dozen...

Monsanto

274/190/150
                        -Transform!

Comment

• Originally posted by jfrendek View Post
                          Groktimus Primal's - 3 Key Discoveries / Monsanto's Dirty Dozen

I think I've found the secret to good health and weight control. It only took me 46 years!
                          Is there nothing in the Western world to compete with coconut oil? I'm not knocking it, I love it; but how did the non-Polynesian/Asian people ever thrive without it?
                          Now if I could just find something magical to build muscle!
                          Nothing magical, sorry. Squats, pull-ups/chin-ups, military press (handstand pushups), pushups.

All this Monsanto hideousness is making me feel ill...my dear old Dad always says to watch out for the big corporations. He never specifies which. I see he's right - power leads to a desire for more power, money leads to a desire for more money. A corporation is not human but enjoys human rights in the legal sense. Its inhumanity leads to immoral (or more accurately "amoral") acts.

--
                          "If people were as cavalier in giving financial advice as they are nutrition advice they would likely get a Primal Knuckle Sandwich.

Steve"

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Alzheimer's Book Review

Groktimus Primal's - Alzheimer's Book Review

I have been reading the book "Alzheimer's What If There Was A Cure?" I started reading the book for many reasons. I believe my mom had it before she passed away though it was never formally diagnosed. According to my 23andMe genetic profile I am at risk. I also wanted to learn about coconut oil and of course I wanted to hear about a medical miracle.

I got even more than I bargained for. I learned that most of medical world turned their back's on using Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) which works better than any drug the medical world has come up with just like they turned their backs on the low carb diet which is also better than anything conventional medicine has produced. Once again it seems that unless it's something the medical world can make a killing on they could care less about finding any practical solutions to societies health problems. This is where capitalism really shines like a turd.

I highly recommend the book. Even if you don't think you have any need for Alzheimer's knowledge you soon learn that it is likely all tied together like Paleo is when it comes to fixing autoimmune diseases. I learned that MCTs are pretty much never stored as fat and cause the body to produce more ketones. It turns out that MCTs may be a low carb dieter's greatest supplement.

274/190/150
                            Last edited by jfrendek; 05-29-2013, 06:21 AM.
                            -Transform!

Comment

• About 20 years ago, I worked with a lady whose family had lived across the street from a Monsanto plant for many years - during the growing years of her 3 daughters. That poor family of 5 people EACH had TWO cases of primary cancer at different times in their lives. I'm talking each one had something different - one had brain, another stomach, a third leukemia, another bone cancer, on and on. Her youngest lost a leg at the tender age of 17.

There were so many instances of spilled chemicals around that plant. Birds in the area would just fall out of the sky, dead before they hit the ground. Another lady I knew was a pipefitter for the plant, and she had 5 miscarriages. Anecdotally, it seemed that many of the women who worked there suffered a high number of miscarriages.

Eventually, the pipefitter quit her $30/hr job and a year later was finally able to carry a baby to term. The family of 5 finally moved away, had to abandon their house because no one wanted to buy a house across the street from a Monsanto plant.

What is happening right now with our government and Monsanto makes me sick. Thank you for sharing the articles. I hate to see what things are going to be like 20 years from now.
                              Lady Gecko, a.k.a. Theresa.

Comment

Working...
                              X