Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groktimus Primal's - Diabeetus

Groktimus Primal's - Diabeetus

They have discovered a new hormone (in mice) that causes the regrowth of pancreatic beta cells.

Newfound hormone holds hope for diabetes treatment

274/194/150
    -Transform!

Groktimus Primal's Experience

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Google Forms

Groktimus Primal's - Google Forms

I looked through Mark's n=1 journal and added my own stuff as well to produce an n=1 Google tracking form that I like. It's very easy to do. Here is a static copy to illustrate...

http://home.comcast.net/~melody1972/grok1.pdf

274/194/150
      -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - More Tyranny

Groktimus Primal's - More Tyranny

Even in Maine where they seem to have a bit of respect for the farmers and citizens it's still happening. Another dairy farmer taken to court for having the audacity to sell his milk. In my opinion the man is providing a public service and should be thanked and fostered along. It does look like he'll win his case but the fact that he has to defend himself is ridiculous! Joel Salatin is right when he says two adults should be able to enter a sales contract between themselves without government butting in.

Dan Brown Hearing in Maine Food Sovereignty Case

274/195/150
        -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Glow in the dark sheep!

Groktimus Primal's - Glow in the dark sheep!

Pretty freakin' scary...

AOL On - Genetically Modified Glow-in-the-Dark Sheep

274/195/150
          -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Vegetarian School

Groktimus Primal's - Vegetarian School

The only thing that might be worse than mystery meat is no meat...

Flushing, Queens Elementary School Goes Vegetarian

No one says it better than Richard Nikoley though...

Free The Animal

274/194/150
            -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Dried Chic Peas

Groktimus Primal's - Dried Chic Peas

I made a cool discovery. I found a company called the The Good Bean that sells roasted and salted chic peas. I bought them at Roch Brother's supermarket but they can also be found easily online. While legumes are not Paleo
              I suspect many of you include a little from time to time as I do. They travel well but they really excel at substituting for croutons on a salad. They are worth having now and then as a minor cheat. I will not eat even the small amount of croutons that often come on a salad.

274/194/150
              -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - CaveCloth.com

Groktimus Primal's - CaveCloth.com

I found a pretty cool little start-up company. CaveCloth.com sells clothing with a Paleo slant. Their symbol is an artistic cave opening and their clothing and service are pretty good. It's nice to have an option outside the standard Grok shirts and they sell a wider selection including caps which is a very basic and needed Paleo accessory! I like the idea of supporting small companies too.

274/194/150
                -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - n=1 Results

Groktimus Primal's - n=1 Results

I have tried taking CLA, Potassium & Garcinia Cambogia for weight loss (the potassium was just to see if I'd feel better). I think I can safely say these experiments failed to produce any tangible results. The Melatonin I take for headaches sometimes helps though.

274/194/150
                  -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Farmer Trouble / Abercrombie & Fitch

Groktimus Primal's - Farmer Trouble / Abercrombie & Fitch

More trouble for a farmer...

Farmer Faces Jail for Feeding Community

Abercrombie & Fitch doesn't like fat people and aren't afraid to show it...

Abercrombie & Fitch CEO

274/194/150
                    -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - The Lunatic Fringe

Groktimus Primal's - The Lunatic Fringe

The sad truth about social living, lunatics and the geniuses. I figured out dieting in time to save my life. I know someone who figured out that gold is the bottom line in an economy destined to shit the bed big time before it bacame so obvious. Douglass Adams noted the answer to the universe is 42 but no one is bright enough to figure out the question. Here's the funny thing... If everyone where smart enough or at least listened to those who are, all the answers to all the problems would suddenly become wrong. If we all headed in the same direction (especially at the same time) the whole system and dynamics would change. It's like the old joke that if everyone flushed their toilet at the same time the planet would explode!

274/193/150
                      -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Let it be

Groktimus Primal's - Let it be

How I wish I could watch... people kill each other, corporations run us over and the government remove all our rights (for our own good they say). Well, I estimate I only have another 10 years of life (at best) and I have no children so I guess it's not all bad. I won't be leaving too many people behind who'll live to see where this course takes us but I would think anyone with a history book would know that we are on a path to a police state and it doesn't take a genius to know that's no way to live if you even want to call it living. Here are couple more abominations for you...

Dan Brown Hearing in Maine Food Sovereignty Case: Judge Finds Raw Milk Not a ‘Local Food’

Canada: Shropshire Sheep Case

274/195/150
                        -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Fat Chance Book Review / Monsanto / Raw Milk

Groktimus Primal's - Fat Chance Book Review / Monsanto / Raw Milk

The Fat Chance book is brilliant. Dr. Lustig tells you that glycation is really the browning of your own meat due to the Maillard reaction. Either you can cook meat at 375 degrees for an hour or you can cook it at 98.6 for 75 years by eating sugar!

He tells you that table sugar is glucose and fructose. Fructose is metabolized like a fat so table sugar overloads both metabolic pathways. He calls it being "frucked". With a small exception for nuts he tells us mother nature never really includes carbs and fat to be eaten togther.

Dr. Atkin's always said that fat would not hurt you IF you were keeping the carbs low too!

Here's some more bad news for people trying to be healthy...

Monsanto wins landmark patent case in Supreme Court ? RT USA

And here...

Mike Elgan

Yesterday 5:03 PM (edited) - Public

It's time to decriminalize nature and legalize food.

A dairy farmer in Wisconsin is facing two and a half years in prison for selling raw milk.

Even the charge is legally false. The "buyers" of the milk were actually part of a "buyer's club" who bought shares in the cows.

But let's be honest: The dairy farmer's crime was offering people an alternative to the massive and politically powerful US dairy industry.

The problem with raw milk production is that it cannot be industrialized. So it's not a product that giant companies can produce at scale. Therefore, they want it to be unsafe and illegal and they press government to make sure that happens.

How dangerous is raw milk? Between 1998 and 2011 there have been two fatalities nationwide. That's being used to justify the jailing of a farmer who sells raw milk to people who know the so-called risks and choose to buy and drink it anyway.

Meanwhile, Harvard researchers say that 25,000 US deaths each year are linked to sodas and other "sugary drinks."

Two deaths in 13 years = prison for selling a dangerous beverage.

25,000 deaths each year = massive subsidy from the government to encourage lower prices and higher consumption.

Raw milk is controversial and people aren't going to agree about it. But that's not what this is about. This is about whether corporations should be able to criminalize food -- any food -- because they don't want competition.

And it's about whether the government for any reason should ban food that people want to eat, weather it's trans fats and Big Gulp sodas in New York (illegal), raw almonds in California (illegal) or raw milk anywhere.

I think the health food people and the junk food people should unite to end food fascism and legalize all food.

Don't you agree?

274/195/150

-Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Mark's New App

Groktimus Primal's - Mark's New App

It's great Mark finally has his own App. The site truly warrants it and I have been waiting for it. However, one should note that it is really just a branded version of Tapatalk that I was already using to access the forums.

Tapatalk is the best thing for it anyway I believe.

274/195/150
                            -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Paleo "study" / Egg Beaters

Groktimus Primal's - Paleo "study" / Egg Beaters

There was another mock study done on the Paleo diet. The diet improved weight and performance but slightly raised cholesterol so of course they published it as much more bad than good. Here is what Richard Nickoley had to say about it...

OMG: Paleolithic Diet is Associated With Unfavorable Changes to Blood Lipids in Healthy Subjects | Free The Animal

It's one of the best posts I've ever read!

And here is something amusing about Egg Beaters needless egg substitute...

Egg Beaters: Food for Fools

274/194/150
                              -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Big Chair / Condom Ring

Groktimus Primal's - Big Chair / Condom Ring

Here are couple a funny/sad things of note...

Here at work we now have some heavy duty reinforced chairs due to the obesity epidemic. Can you say diabeetus?

The authorities broke up a condom counterfeiter ring that was selling defective condoms. Talk about getting screwed! I think that requires a whole knew lack of ethics and disregard for mankind

274/192/150
                                -Transform!

Comment

Working...
                                X