Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groktimus Primal's - Peeps & Windex

Groktimus Primal's - Peeps & Windex

I just read a blog where someone discovered sugar free marshmallow Peeps but could not stop eating them. Unfortunately she is very sensitive to sugar alcohols and that creates quite a problem. In order to stop eating them she not only threw them away but contaminated them by spraying them with Windex to remove all temptation. That is the best one I've heard in a long time!

274/194/150
    -Transform!

Groktimus Primal's Experience

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Appreciation

Groktimus Primal's - Appreciation

I heard a piece of wisdom on a sitcom the other day. A priest was asked what kind of God would allow such suffering to take place and the simple answer is that although we all desire not to suffer as the Dalai Lama teaches us, it is an unfortunate reality that we don't appreciate how good we have it until some sort of suffering or acute pain takes away what we have and then we see the reality of our lives. I'm not religious but as uncomfortable as they are, I can see the need for some of the hills and valleys in our lives. I certainly prefer to keep things on an even keel but as Captain Kirk would say, "Our pain is what makes us human." and being human myself, I must assume that it is a good thing at least some of the time.

274/191/150
      -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - College of True Medical Knowledge

Groktimus Primal's - College of True Medical Knowledge

I have spent more time, effort and money to educate myself regarding diet and lifestyle than anyone should ever have to in the modern age but unfortunately it is necessary and provides a better return on investment than anything else you could possibly study. Being sick or dead tends to put a major damper on your life any other achievements you might make.

After reading and integrating an immense number of books and add that to years of N=1 self experimenting and social networking I can honestly say I have hit a "eureka moment". I certainly don't feel like I know everything and I also know that none of the information I've read is ever likely to be 100% corrected but I can tell you this... I have a better, clearer more truthful understanding of what works for health and weight loss than you could ever extract from the medical field for any price (especially since they don't have or endorse the information).

A smarter person than I would probably try to write a book that provides cliff notes to all I have learned. It could reach more people that way but it would be doing the information an injustice because much like the media soundbites you hear on the news there is no shortcut to the whole picture and the authors of these books are pretty brilliant and I give them all the credit.

So here is what I have done...

I became an Amazon Affiliate (not for the tiny bit of money) so I could use their cool book listing widget to show what books need to be read for a complete understanding from the best minds in health, nutrition and lifestyle. These 10 books teach you the who, what, where, when and why of everything you need to know to live a better life (health/weight wise). Even for those questions left unanswered you will usually be able to extrapolate what the right course of action is even if the reason behind it is not completely understood.

Now go to my website and scroll down to the book wheel and become a "Graduate".

Jim's Home Page

274/192/150
        -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Fooling Mother Nature

Groktimus Primal's - Fooling Mother Nature

Check this out. Science is trying to alter vegetables to produce more volatile substances to trick our tongues into detecting sweetness. While I don't doubt that many folks would like vegetables better if they tasted as sweet as fruit I have to wonder at what cost? What could go wrong? I think fooling with mother nature (especially directly rather than through hybridization) could certainly backfire like GMOs will.

Studying the Science of Sweetness - Tested

274/194/150
          -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Am I the only one?

Groktimus Primal's - Am I the only one?

Am I the only one who shaves and as I clean out the razor I see the ridiculous amount of hair collected from just one days growth and think, "What the hell is my body doing growing all this useless pain in the ass hair instead of taking that protein and building some muscle?"

274/195/150
            -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Quick Reference Guide

Groktimus Primal's - Quick Reference Guide

In my last order I received a wallet size pamphlet that was a quick reference guide to the Primal Blueprint. It's such cool simple little low cost tool I though it was great. Hopefully they'll send out a lot of these or make it downloadable!

274/194/150
              -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Evil Legumes

Groktimus Primal's - Evil Legumes

I'm finally at the point where I am adding back the one food I truly miss which is peanuts / peanut butter. I don't really care for almonds and I'm pretty sure they contribute to my headaches. I like macadamia nuts but it will be nice to eat something much cheaper and different for a change. Brazil nuts are a favorite too but they are also somewhat rare and pricey. The grains I don't miss and they are never coming back I will have to start measuring the quantity I eat because they are addictive and the carb/calorie profile is so-so. Hopefully I won't be cast down into the pit a Primal darkness!

274/195/150
                -Transform!

Comment

• Of Men & Superheroes

Of Men & Superheroes

Seinfeld pointed out that every guy wants to be Superman and it's certainly true. Now that I'm older I really see what takes courage. It's not being Superman. Simply getting out of bed every morning and facing one's imperfect self, life and regular job is what takes courage. Over the long hall, that actually makes being an invulnerable
                  superhero with a meaningful career look easy. A friend once pointed out to me that doing the right thing is often easy but determining what the right thing is can be damn near impossible!

275/195/150

Last edited by jfrendek; 03-01-2013, 06:43 AM.
                  -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Tapatalk!

Groktimus Primal's - Tapatalk!

I just noticed the Primal Blueprint Forum is now a Tapatalk compatible forum! This is fantastic. If you have a smartphone I recommend you download Tapatalk and check it out. It really makes using the forum practical on a smartphone. Robb Wolf has had compatibility with his forum for a long time now.

274/194/150
                    -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Virginia Peanuts

Groktimus Primal's - Virginia Peanuts

My name is Jim and I'm addicted to peanuts I know they're not Primal chow but the one food I banished that I am adding back is peanuts. I recently discovered Virginia Peanuts. These suckers are big and tasty. Now I just have to measure my intake so as not to let my love of the legume force me to banish them again. Every day dry roasted peanuts are good but I do think everyone who chooses to eat them should try out the Virginia nuts. They are more expensive but they aren't nearly so as compared to macadamia nuts or even the ever price inflating almond.

274/194/150
                      -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - CPR

Groktimus Primal's - CPR

By now everyone has probably heard about the nurse who did not preform CPR on a dying woman in an assisted living complex. Her boss actually told her not too. This is what society is coming to. People are too afraid of being sued and have too little regard for their fellow man to take action. This is what happens when we all abandon the tribe and go off and do our own thing almost completely disconnected from others and the earth. I think religion is a bunch of made up fairy tales but at least it sometimes brings people together or at least instills sufficient guilt that we can't just sit back and watch someone die!

274/193/150
                        -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Disruption

Groktimus Primal's - Disruption

Human beings seem to thrive on disruption. There is so much disruption I can't even write a decent post!

274/194/150
                          -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - The Great Machine

Groktimus Primal's - The Great Machine

Another nasty semi-blizzard here in Massachusetts. Any caveman without brain damage would have enough sense to stay in the cave. Unfortunately in today's world the great meat grinding machine that is driven by greed cannot be stopped from grinding us up and spitting out money for our masters. Feel the gears as they rend your flesh...

274/194/150
                            -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Sedgwick Maine

Groktimus Primal's - Sedgwick Maine

No one seems to know if the law is enforceable but Sedgwick Maine got it right...

Sedgwick, Maine has done what no other town in the United States has done. The town unanimously passed an ordinance giving its citizens the right to produce, process, sell, purchase, and consume local foods of their choosing. This includes raw milk, locally slaughtered meats, and just about anything else you can imagine. Its also a decided bucking of state and federal laws.

http://www.foodrenegade.com/maine-town-declares-food-sovereignty/

It's befitting that it's Mark's original home state!

274/195/150
                              -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Dreaded Time

Groktimus Primal's - Dreaded Time

The dreaded time has come. I need to cut back on the food intake. The trend is starting to show that I'm gaining weight. Low Carb Paleo has done a lot for me but unfortunately calories do hold some significance. Now that I have made up my mind and planned how to reduce my daily calories I feel better. It will be much easier to do now that the idea and method are firmly implanted in my mind. It makes me have a somewhat angry passion to implement it. I would be a prime candidate for a real eating disorder if I weren't such a pig!

274/195/150
                                -Transform!

Comment

Working...
                                X