Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groktimus Primal's - Worrier King

Groktimus Primal's - Worrier King

I've just discovered another simple revelation about life and it's taken a long time but I'm going to try to take it to heart before it's too late. I'm really going to try to de-stress. For example...

1. I live a clean life so I'm going to stop worrying about my health as there is really not much more I can do to improve it any further.

2. I'm going to stop worrying about my job. I know I do the best job possible but others who are between a rock and hard place try to rub their stress off on me sometimes and I'm not going to let it hurt my health. I would climb the management chain if I wanted that. I need a job but even in this economy I would find something that would let me scrape by if need be.

274/201/150
    -Transform!

Groktimus Primal's Experience

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Being all you can be

Groktimus Primal's - Being all you can be

No I'm not talking about the army. I recently read in Arnold Schwarzenegger's autobiography Total Recall that he met the pope and was very impressed with the pope's discipline, fitness and work out routine. He told Arnold he believed in building the body, mind and spirit.

I think this would suit a lot of people very well. If you're not religious simply insert philosophy instead of spirit.

274/199/150
      -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - 2 Years and Counting

Groktimus Primal's - 2 Years and Counting

As of today (11/01/12) I have been dieting for exactly 2 years. It started out as low carb and then became low carb Primal as I learned. I'm down 77 LBS with about 50 more to go. I recognize that I have done well but I am still a bit disappointed that the weight loss has really slowed down. The last diet worked much faster but it involved low carb and a lot of starvation. I did maintain it for years but father time slowly persuaded me to slip up and I eventually put half of it back on. It's a lifestyle they say so I'll just keep on plugging along and adjusting.

274/198/150
        -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - GMO

Groktimus Primal's - GMO

They are presently trying to get a bill passed in California that would require labeling of Genetically Modified Organisms. I believe it is clearly the right thing to do with very little down side but the laundry list of greedy companies pouring millions of dollars into a campaign to fight it is just unbelievable. They are damn near all as bad as Monsanto and I believe Monsanto would torture you to death for a dollar or perhaps just for fun. Of course they would lobby to make that "legal" first.

274/198/150
          -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Big Sugar's Sweet Little Lies

Groktimus Primal's - Big Sugar's Sweet Little Lies

Gary Taubes and the folks working with him have uncovered internal documents showing that the sugar industry is no better than the tobacco industry. A couple of the industries VIPs actually won a "Silver Anvil" award for putting a positive PR spin on a deadly substance not fit for human consumption.

Big Sugar's Sweet Little Lies | Mother Jones

274/198/150
            -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - The potato dilemma

Groktimus Primal's - The potato dilemma

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Although people do vary in their tolerances 80% of the value of eating primal comes from it's generally low carb intake. I can't believe people are discussing potatoes as a health food. The only safe starch is used on dress shirts before ironing. I really don't give a crap about the Kitavan's or any other isolated semi-exception to the rules. I see and live it everyday. I would go so far as to say the only thing bad about paleo in general is the way some people use it as an excuse to continue their carbo loading ways. Science is important but the only way to cut through conflicting data for most people is to observe the current reality around them.

Sure a good night's sleep is hard to beat. Walking around barefoot sounds kind of cool. Go ahead and switch to Tom's of Maine deodorant but if you want to see and feel real substantial results then cut the hell out of the carbs even if means sacrificing some of the grass fed meat for plain old hamburger.

274/198/150
              -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Dumb Dee Dumb Bells

Groktimus Primal's - Dumb Dee Dumb Bells

Well I broke down and ordered a set of adjustable dumbbells from Amazon. They were a good deal but adjustable dumbbells are always pricey. I'm never going to be a bodybuilder but I do need to step things up a little. My only concern is the feedback from other folks on Amazon. They love the dumbbells but many people only received one and had to ship it back and have Amazon re-ship them two. I really don't want to be mailing around weights. I actually called them and asked them to put a note on the order to ensure they sent a pair as is clearly stated in the description and picture. A small kettlebell, some rubber bands, a grip strengthener, a mat and shoes are my only other "equipment". Wish me luck, both with the order and with my ability to consistently use them.

274/198/150
                -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Primal T-Shirts

Groktimus Primal's - Primal T-Shirts

Paleolithicdiet.com is selling some primal t-shirts right now for a limited time. He is marketing them as the first primal t-shirts that don't suck. I would pretty much agree with his assessment.

Limited Edition Paleo Tees

274/198/150
                  -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Too fat for death row

Groktimus Primal's - Too fat for death row

This really takes the cake. A lawyer is claiming that his client on death row should not be given a lethal injection because it is too difficult to find a vein and give him enough juice!

Medical expert says Post?s obesity will prevent lethal injection - morningjournal.com

274/198/150
                    -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Fat Fighting Pepsi?

Groktimus Primal's - Fat Fighting Pepsi?

In Japan Pepsi has released a version of Pepsi containing the fiber dextrinan which they claim will help block fat absorption. It doesn't even say if the drink contains sugar or calories. How freaking absurd!

Pepsi launches FAT-BLOCKING soft drink | Mail Online

274/200/150
                      -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Denmark drops fat tax

Groktimus Primal's - Denmark drops fat tax

I saw a news article that said Denmark dropped it's "fat tax" which raised the cost of foods such as butter. I thought to myself, wow an entire government is smartening up and realizing that natural fat is more savior than saboteur. After reading the rest of the article I was a little disappointed because the only motivation they listed was that the tax was hurting companies and the economy. That is certainly a good reason too and I don't believe in taxing people only educating them (with the actual truth) and letting them make their own choices as adults in a free society should. It sure would have been nice if they openly vindicated fat though.

274/202/150
                        -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Hostess Strike

Groktimus Primal's - Hostess Strike

I never thought I'd see the day that Hostess bakery workers went on strike and the company is in danger of bankruptcy. Unfortunately I believe it has more to do with the bad economy than it does with consumers becoming too savvy to buy that shit. No matter what the reason it's too bad folks will either lose their jobs or be reduced to third world pay like most of us already are.

274/201/150
                          -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - New Fitbit Ones

Groktimus Primal's - New Fitbit Ones

For those of you who have been waiting, the new Fitbit Ones are no longer a pre-order. They show in stock although I believe they are struggling to get caught up so they might not ship as quickly as you would like.

274/198/150
                            -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Caffeinated Cracker Jacks

Groktimus Primal's - Caffeinated Cracker Jacks

Here's a good one. They are coming out with caffeinated cracker jacks! Why? Do we need to have caffeine in everything just to have a pulse? This is ridiculous.

Caffeinated Cracker Jacks concerns consumer group - CBS News

274/198/150
                              -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - The Vegetarian Myth

Groktimus Primal's - The Vegetarian Myth

I'm working my way through the Vegetarian Myth and it is brilliant. Each possible argument is solidly taken apart with logic with the basic respect for the carbon cycle we should have all been taught early in life. The only sad thing is that we are totally screwed. To put it simply there are far too many of us on the planet and far too much land damaged to return to the old methods of farming and grazing and still feed ourselves. Unfortunately the vegetarian method destroys huge tracks of land and requires fossil fuel input to maintain the carbon cycle and of course even if you enjoy eating grain (or anything at all) this can't continue indefinitely either. Thus we have come too far down a dead end alley that we should never have taken. People aren't smart enough to see this and even try to curtail their reproducing. So the vegetarians are wrong but we can not exactly take pleasure in that fact because intelligent people can see the end of mankind on the horizon.

The book does leave me wondering how people can be so whiny and worry about stepping on an ant though!

274/201/150
                                -Transform!

Comment

Working...
                                X