Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groktimus Primal's - Steve Cooksey

Groktimus Primal's - Steve Cooksey

By now most of us have probably heard of Steve Cooksey at Diabetes-warrior.net. He is under attack for giving out dieting advice that saved his life by the North Carolina Board of Dietetics/Nutrition. He is not pretending to have any sort of degree or license but yet they do not see that he has a right to state his opinion as any American citizen should just as we have the right to take any opinion (licensed or not) with a grain of salt or treat it as gospel should we so agree.

Luckily the Institute for Justice has taken his case. (The Institute for Justice) Once we lose free speech it will be proof positive that this country isn't worth the powder to blow it to hell. It would even be worse than the injustice created by Monsanto who successfully sues farmers for using the GMO seed they created. The farmers do not buy or steal their seed but their superior natural crops become contaminated by it and they are still made to pay.

It shames me that these questions are even considered when the correct answer is so obvious. We have damned ourselves with this foolishness. Check out the video...

Caveman Blogger Fights for Free Speech and Internet Freedom - YouTube

274/205/150
    -Transform!

Groktimus Primal's Experience

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Zapping Kidney Nerves

Groktimus Primal's - Zapping Kidney Nerves

I just read a news article that stated doctors are now trying a new method to control blood pressure when all other interventions have failed. They are using a laser to zap nerves in the kidneys that are responsible for jacking up our blood pressure due to the flight or fight response. Apparently in some folks those nerve always act like we are under stress or at least that is the theory. It would be nice if it worked but it sounds a little too crazy or too good/easy to be true.

274/204/150
      -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Franken Tomatoes

Groktimus Primal's - Franken Tomatoes

Well they have completely mapped the genetics of the tomato in the UK and of course now they plan to make millions "enhancing" the flavor and shelf life. Mankind is not even smart enough to consider all the possible ramifications of playing God, let alone properly evaluate the danger of those ramifications. Playing with matches sounds like fun to young child but adults should know better. Even if they don't destroy mankind I can only imagine how far down on the list nutritional priorities fall. As long as we all die slowly and we can't blame it on the food industry the fat cats are happy.

Just because we can does not mean we should! That's coming from a guy who loves science and technology.

274/202/150
        -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - E. Coli Testing

Groktimus Primal's - E. Coli Testing

The government is now mandating testing of meat trimmings for 6 new strains of E. Coli. I image this is a good thing because testing for one strain seems like taking quite a chance considering how the bacteria has branched out. I do believe that the bacteria is running wild due to the poor practices of the meat industry more than anything else. Unfortunately I'm sure this new requirement will make it more difficult on the small non-industrialized quality meat providers. I do think it would make sense to make the rules flexible for them but I'm sure they won't. After all it's probably part of the plan to screw them over (and by extension all of us). It's a real shame it has come to this but throwing commonsense out the window always comes with a high price sooner or later. When you rob Peter to pay Paul sooner or later Peter gets pissed.

I'm sure you can still get a side of mad cow disease with your trimmings whether you want it or not.

274/204/150
          -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Naturally Engineered

Groktimus Primal's - Naturally Engineered

Check out Dave Csonka's post at Naturally Engineered titled Chasing Extremes located at...

Chasing Extremes Part II: Why Is Moderation Less Fashionable Than Extreme Lifestyle Changes? | Naturally Engineered

It's very good and explains why we radicalize things. First we are a "more is better" society and secondly when people join groups they become polarized. It's very interesting and something we should use awareness to avoid.

274/204/150
            -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Disney's Advertising

Groktimus Primal's - Disney's Advertising

Disney has announced the end of junk food advertising to children on their television programs and it seems all other forms of communication as well. The change will not take effect until 2015 due to long standing industry deals.

It certainly sounds like the first ray of real hope regarding health over profits but I will have to see the end result before I pat anyone on the back as deals change and loopholes abound. Even if it is the start of something good it will still be a few years before it has any impact.

At least it shows more promise than the New York Mayor's attempt to ban large sodas. I think that is actually a step backwards. I agree with Jimmy Moore. If I understand him correctly he is for advertising and choice among adults who should be educated and vote with their purchasing power as to what sells. I believe unless something is so toxic it needs to be banned entirely it should only be regulated through an educated consumer. Last I looked we were still pretending to be a free country and we are free to be obese should we so choose as long as we are not intentionally left ignorant. Also it is ones own responsibility not to be ignorant in all cases accept those that involve intentional deceit.

The proof will be in the long awaited pudding.

274/204/150
              -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Vegan's on the attack

Groktimus Primal's - Vegan's on the attack

Last night I witnesses a couple of commercials who's bad taste was only exceeded by the disgusting pictures used against Tobacco companies. The Vegan's showed two commercials back to back showing horrific treatment of feedstock animals. While I think cruelty is shameful I am just as ashamed of the Vegans. They make no mention of grass fed meat and I'm sure the reason for that is because they are not against cruelty they are against eating animals no matter how humane they are treated. They are like anti-gun advocates. They will not be happy until we are all living off of soy smoothies and the world goes to hell from all the industrialized GMO farming anyway.

They consistently try to push their way of life as healthier and it's just so ridiculous. Without meat we would never have survived and become the top of the food chain. It is patently illogical to feed an omnivore (humans) a herbivore diet. Just as it is illogical to feed cows meat (especially processed cannibal meat). I don't think you need to be a rocket scientist to understand such a basic concept (unless there is an agenda at work).

If we do not take responsibility for ourselves and our actions we are asking the government to take responsibility for us. The government will be glad to wipe your ass for you as long as you don't mind them taking your money and your rights along with it. It's time for each of us to stand up and decide what is right for ourselves. No one else can or should do this for and if you invite them to do so you deserve what you get.

Peter Griffin joked that Christians don't believe in gravity. Obviously Vegans don't believe in mother nature and are willing to forsake their most valuable food resource in exchange for following their misguided agenda. I think perhaps too many of them don't have enough constructive work to do so they start yelling some version of "Save the whales...".

However they have a right to disagree with me but I wish they would keep their graphic ads to themselves. I'm sure someone could produce an ad with a massive harvester mowing down cute baby rabbits in the field while their mother cries on the sidelines but that would be equally distasteful and foolish.

274/206/150
                -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Poor is the new fat

Groktimus Primal's - Poor is the new fat

People who are broke are often presumed to be next to starvation but these days it's very likely to find indigent, poor or 3rd world country people obese. I guess the good news is that not as many people are actually starving to death but the bad news is that while they may be receiving too many calories they are starved for actual nutrition.

Whether it's a 3rd world person living on cheap grains or a homeless person dumpster diving for Twinkies it's basically more proof that grains are starvation food as Mark would say. Naturally there are some who live on booze or are mentally challenged. Some may need to be educated. Many with bad luck or just stretching any dollar they can find but one way or another it's cheap/processed carbs and that is something the media will not say. In the same position I would certainly eat the cheapest food that doesn't spoil too. I'm sure the greater part of society will not use this data as a learning experience.

The poor and uneducated always bear the worst. A friend of mine told me there was a static that said an incredible percentage of people earning under 25K per year smoke and one would think that group could least afford it but nothing is ever as simple as it seems.

274/203/150
                  -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Corn Sugar NOT

Groktimus Primal's - Corn Sugar NOT

The High Fructose Corn Syrup industry once again showed their brass balls by trying to change the name of HFCS to Corn Sugar so that they could dupe a few more consumers that might have notice HFCS was poison but might not have immediately realized that Corn Sugar was the same poison. At least the FDA turned them down which is somewhat surprising considering the industry generally has the FDA in it's pocket. I will take it as a small sign that all is not lost (only that which matters is).

274/203/150
                    -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Agent Orange Corn

Groktimus Primal's - Agent Orange Corn

They are at it again. Corn has been engineered to be herbicide resistant including one of the toxic chemicals found in agent orange. Could it be more apparent that the corporations and the government are in collusion and could care less about anything other than the bottom line? The only person with a brain who could possibly think this is a good (and safe) idea is someone bereft of morals and on the take.

'Agent Orange Corn' Debate Rages As Dow Seeks Approval Of New Genetically Modified Seed

274/203/150
                      -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - TalkToTheManager.com

Groktimus Primal's - TalkToTheManager.com

I recently heard about this new service called Talk To The Manager. Essentially it reaches new heights of laziness by allowing people to complain to the manger of a restaurant from their cell phones without so much as getting off their duff. It could be useful and it sounds good on the surface but I believe that if complaining is made too easy and convenient it will easily turn into needless whining. It's also much easier to complain initially when you don't have to confront someone. I know I only complain when I feel something was way out of whack. Quite often I quietly vote with my dollars by just going elsewhere in the future although I suppose this needlessly cheats a business out of future business if you don't give them a chance to possibly correct something you don't like. We'll see if this service even catches on but it does sound like something a big faceless chain restaurant would do.

274/203/150
                        -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Milk Fats

Groktimus Primal's - Milk Fats

A news article says they've found evidence that milk fats alter gut bacteria in a harmful way leading to disease. I'm sure the "Got Milk" people are already doing damage control and will soon be on the offensive. Meanwhile all we can say is thank you Dr. Cordain... Thank you for being right again!

BBC News - Milk fats may alter gut bacteria causing bowel diseases

274/201/150
                          -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Raspberry Beaver Anal Glands

Groktimus Primal's - Raspberry Beaver Anal Glands

This truly illustrates how disgusting and dangerous our "better" living through food chemistry has become. Check out this food additive graphic over at Naturally Engineered....

The Truth About Food Additives – Infographic | Naturally Engineered

The food industry will feed us are own shit if we let them.

274/203/150
                            -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Enriched vs. Fortified

Groktimus Primal's - Enriched vs. Fortified

Have you ever wondered what the difference is between enriched and fortified foods? Enriched is when they add back a nutrient that was lost in the processing. Fortified is when they add a nutrient not originally found in the food. Bread is enriched with B vitamins and milk is fortified with vitamin D for example.

274/203/150
                              -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Exploding Corn

Groktimus Primal's - Exploding Corn

Walmart is going to be selling Monsanto's GMO Corn direct to consumers this summer. The corn has been modified to make the stomachs of insects explode upon ingestion. They claim that the compound breaks down before it will cause harm to the humans who eat it but tests have show it does show up in the human body. I don't image they will even be honest enough to label it as such. The press who is no doubt "bought and paid for" are writing it up as a good thing. I like cheap (non-bug infested) food too but I do not believe that this (along with many GMOs) have been adequately test. I don't know if it's even possible to adequately test bastardizing nature. One thing certain is that if does cause trouble we will all be screwed before they are forced to admit (let alone pay for) their mistake. It must be the money driving all the decisions because I don't see how anyone could have that much faith left in science.

Here is one of the "Pro" articles...

WalMart Dares to Defy's Anti-Biotechnology Extremists

274/202/150
                                -Transform!

Comment

Working...
                                X