Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groktimus Primal's - A & D

Groktimus Primal's - A & D

I get a kick out of reading these research reports that tell us "certain groups" may need to supplement with vitamins A & D. Also the amount needed seems to slowly be ratcheting upward. I guess it will make the medical community look like it was their idea when really they are partly responsible for holding back valuable nutrition recommendations for years. No one likes to hear "I told you so".

274/207/150
    -Transform!

Groktimus Primal's Experience

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Farmageddon

Groktimus Primal's - Farmageddon

I saw the movie Farmageddon last weekend and I must encourage everyone to watch it. It is fantastic and saddening. They have actual footage of the USDA acting like Nazi's with guns drawn over unpasteurized milk. Even if we had all the money in the world to use resources like that it is down right criminal and definitely against the greater good and human rights. One family was terrorized and not allowed to answer the phone when their son who was serving in Iraq was calling. At that moment it was never more clear that we have no freedom to protect any more.

PS: The Aria Fitbit scale goes on sale 04/30. It looks like what the Doctor ordered!

274/206/150
      -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Pasteurized Almonds

Groktimus Primal's - Pasteurized Almonds

Something I learned from Farmageddon that I had never heard before was that all almonds in the U.S. have to be pasteurized. Even almonds labelled raw organic they say are still pasteurized and it does not have to be listed on the label! Maybe it's a good thing and maybe it's not but I definitely think it should be labelled at least. They don't get into details as the movie focuses on milk. You have to go to the extras to hear that.

274/206/150
        -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - A Heap-A-Lot-O-Shat

Groktimus Primal's - A Heap-A-Lot-O-Shat

They just discovered a case of mad cow disease in California but of course the government is telling us not to worry it's just one harmless aberration! Yeah keep feeding them shit while they stand packed together in feces and see what happens. The only good thing is that it might drive the cost of beef down temporarily if demand slacks off.

The diabetes-warrior.net site is under attack from the Registered Dieticians in North Carolina. The government has the audacity to try to squelch free speak that goes against the Common Wisdom of shoving carbs down diabetic's throats while pumping them up with insulin until the inevitable obesity and heart attack kills them. We should show our "leaders" we have no tolerance for this. They work for us and as long as we do not claim to be a Doctor or such we should be able to express any opinion we choose and the people who choose to read it are free to decide whether it makes sense for them.

Someone actually had a heart attack at The Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas. It's horrible but quite a tag line. Unfortunately the media will help the food police once again try to tell us what to eat and ignore the many factors (or random chance) that cause these things to happen.

Damn it's getting to the point where there is so much to write I need to compress multiple topics.

Also I cut back on my piggish Low Carb Paleo ways and my weight is starting to respond.

274/206/150
          -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - One Ring

Groktimus Primal's - One Ring

I noticed something today that I have noticed (unconsciously) many times before. I recommend wearing a ring that fits your finger properly. By doing this when you put it on every morning you'll get a good idea of how much water you are retaining and that will tip you off as to how your weight will fluctuate. Even though my diet is pretty stable I often see a couple of LBS fluctuate from day to day and I can rarely predict what my water retention status is going to be. I regularly eat a lot of salt and I can't easily tell if I eat a little more one day or not or even if salt is the primary driving force but my ring size sure tells me.

Q: What do you call a primal/stone-age person?

A: A boner/stoner of course!

274/207/150
            -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Coke Habit

Groktimus Primal's - Coke Habit

A New Zealand woman's 2-gallon-a-day Coca-Cola habit was judged to have attributed to her death. Granted it's more than excessive but the industry's retort was, "Even water is harmful in excess". A very compassionate statement I should say!

274/208/150
              -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Jimmy Moore

Groktimus Primal's - Jimmy Moore

I was surfing the the paleo/low carb sites and I noticed Jimmy Moore's book was available in PDF format. I was happy to see it available in my favorite format and I immediately purchased it. After the financial part of the transaction completed the site crashed and I never got to download my book. I called the customer service number and Jimmy Moore himself answered the phone. It was so cool to be able to talk to him for a couple of minutes. I never expected him to be handling customer service directly I thought it was a task that would have been farmed out. I've never been so happy to see a transaction fail Naturally he sent me the book. I consider Jimmy the Richard Simmons of the low carb world. (more masculine though)

274/205/150
                -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Stupid Human Ignorant Tricks

Groktimus Primal's - Stupid Human Ignorant Tricks

The other day I was watching someone who appeared to be out walking for exercise. It's such a nice simple, easy and pleasant thing to do for one's body and mind. I then noticed he was smoking a cigarette while doing so. I do realize that getting exercise is a good thing whether or not one smokes but it really struck me as such an ignorant thing to do. I joked that I wanted to go out jogging while eating Twinkies just to see peoples reactions. I find it's easier not to do the bad things than it is to do the good things. Non-action is definitely easier than action for me. Call me lazy but that's human nature (and Primal). I say kick the habit and skip the walk unless you can do both but that's just my commonsense talking.

It could be worse. I saw a special on smoking and they said 99% of Indonesians smoke and there is no regulation regarding age or anything. Cigarettes are openly sold to children right next to the school. Tobacco companies even deny it's unhealthy because it is their playground and they can do whatever they want and it really shows their true colors. They basically murder for money.

Now I'll go back to minding my own business and stick my head in the sand because the view is better.

274/204/150
                  -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Aria Scale Review

Groktimus Primal's - Aria Scale Review

I got my Aria scale yesterday and set it up. It was an early birthday present I asked for. Leave it to a fat geek to be excited about such a thing. The quality seems excellent and the set setup was easy (just make sure you put your firewall in learning mode). I would say it's definitely the best scale for the money and competes well against the Withings which is probably it's only close competitor. I don't own a Withings but I have researched it. It was the only scale to get for quite some time and has a great reputation. It's about $30 more and it's apps are better. Many services (including Fitbit) integrate with it. It may be a better or at least comparable scale if all you really want is a super networked scale but I think if many people look a little deeper and long term they may find that Fitbit is the only company I can find with a truly cohesive, economical and convenient health and fitness solution on the market. Once you experience a Fitbit you will never want to be without one and then the scale instantly makes sense. They are also constantly improving and developing products and services so your investment will not stagnate like so many pieces of electronics you likely have laying around. Remember it's always cheaper to make the best decision from the start. I do not work for Fitbit nor do I receive any money from them I just like their stuff.

I looked up "Aria" and it has do with "A long, accompanied song for a solo voice, typically one in an opera or oratorio."

274/203/150
                    -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Dino Fleas vs Aphid Wheat

Groktimus Primal's - Dino Fleas vs Aphid Wheat

It sound like the latest creature double feature but it's far scarier. The scientists have now inserted man made gene sequences into wheat that causes the plant to give off a pheromone that repels aphids. It sounds delicious to me.

BBC News - GM wheat scientists at Rothamsted make plea to protesters

Also science has discovered the past existence of dino fleas! How nasty!

Dinosaurs were DRAINED of blood by GIGANTIC HORROR FLEAS ? The Register

274/204/150
                      -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Robb's new baby

Groktimus Primal's - Robb's new baby

Is she a member of a pack or a tribe?

There goes the neighborhood!

Welcome:Zoe Candace Wolf!

274/205/150
                        Last edited by jfrendek; 05-04-2012, 05:45 AM.
                        -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Fitbit Ultra

Groktimus Primal's - Fitbit Ultra

I just upgraded to the Fitbit Ultra. The original Ftibit was great and the new one's are even better. They now have an altimeter so they can log doing stairs. It even has a left handed mode which was very thoughtful. Between that and the scale it's cohesive fitness nirvana.

274/205/150
                          -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Wellspring AKA Sierra Academy

Groktimus Primal's - Wellspring AKA Sierra Academy

I was watching an obesity piece on the Health & Discovery channel the other day. They sent these morbidly obese teenagers off to Sierra Academy which claimed to be the only High School/obesity boot camp in the United States. They have since changed their name to Wellspring. I wonder if the name change had anything to do with bad press. It was paramount to child abuse in my humble opinion. They put these highly metabolically deranged kids on a very low fat diet (10 or 12 grams) and an enormously high carb diet when you look at the ratios. At least the carbs were not from processed sources but it was so obvious to me that they would never be able to stick to that diet because in the end hunger always wins when you do not consume enough fat and protein to keep your appetite under control not to mention the carbs will actually make them hungry and they will never really be in fat burning mode unless they are semi starving. They all got their hopes up listening to the "experts" who took their parents money and their own dreams.

274/204/150
                            -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Dino Farts & Gluten Pizza

Groktimus Primal's - Dino Farts & Gluten Pizza

The silliness in today's news once again speaks for it's self. Some scientists are saying that the warming of the ice age had something to do with dinosaur farts. Much like people try to blame cows for it today. I suppose it could have been a contributor but I think its more funny headline than science.

Domino's announces a gluten free pizza that still contains gluten. It's for the mildly sensitive. This proves the point that they have no understanding (or respect) for the gluten intolerant. Misleading someone with a sensitivity is pretty dastardly. There is no such thing as a safe level for those who are intolerant and probably not for the rest of us either.

Does Domnio┐s gluten-free pizza actually contain gluten? | Mail Online

274/203/150
                              -Transform!

Comment

• Groktimus Primal's - Big Balled Vegans

Groktimus Primal's - Big Balled Vegans

A vegan group wants to make it illegal for the White House to have pictures taken with hot dogs and hamburgers because they believe it sends the wrong message. Just what message might that be? That America is a free country and shoving an opinion down someones throat is wrong? That meat in general is the most healthful nutritionally dense, satisfying thing you can eat?

Vegan group wants POTUS posing sans meat | Washington Examiner

274/203/150
                                -Transform!

Comment

Working...
                                X