No announcement yet.

Going Wild (Drssgchic)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of course dear... that was the intention.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• I love my church. Yesterdays sermon was based on Edward O Wilson's book The Evolution of Human Society. Some of y'all nerds out there might like it.

In other news, eating one meal a day doesn't help. Ever since I got home, I've been eating about once a day- a meal-sized-meal, not 2000 calories- and I have remained at 255. I'm not doing this on purpose, I'm just not interested in eating. The food is usually not too bad, there just isn't that much of it. Grmph. Guess I need to put more effort into food. Also- I gain weight when I feel bad and eat everything, yet I don't lose weight when I feel worse and don't eat much. There's something wrong with that.
      http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Because everyone is on the edge of their seats waiting for this- ethnic friend is now Asian. I'm leaning toward Chinese, but I'm not sure, yet. This may or may not have been influenced by this super-hot Asian actor on a show I was watching.

Thus far, this year, I have managed to eat two meals a day. Not big ones, but one has to start somewhere. I have not, however, begun writing daily. One step at a time?

Part of why I haven't begun writing is because I'm working on stock for my brand new Etsy store, CattailsandCalendula. At the moment it consists of knit hats, but I plan on expanding. Knitting and writing don't go together too well. Knitting and watching copious amounts of tv, however, works great
        http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

• I don't know why, but I vote Korean. Probably just because Boyfriend was stationed there during his Army run.

Knitting! I didn't know/forgot that you knit. Awesome. I'm one of those people who always promises to buy something from a person's store when I have the money, but never seem to manage it. I did once commission someone for a scarf (a cupcake scarf for my sister, don't know if she wears it, but it's awesome), so...there's a chance .
          Depression Lies

Comment

• Hmm. Definite possibility

I actually hadn't done it for ages before I went to Maine, but I needed a wrap/shawl for sitting up in bed at night reading, so I decided to knit one. Then, Mom had a super simple hat pattern for a Maine charity thing, so I started on hats. I'm currently stuck there, but I'm working on expanding I just got a book for knit flowers to add to the hats, so they should start showing up soon. I'm getting the stitches almost loose enough to make it work

If you happen to be in need of a nice, handmade hat (or, in the future, bath salts, sachets, etc) then please buy from me. Otherwise, just tell your friends to buy from me I am up for discussing commissions. Particularly if they aren't something I've thought of before.

I need to start comitting myself to things to get back on a schedule. Right now, it's knitting group once a week and church. That's not enough to help. Particularly when I can sleep most of the day and still get to knitting I also need to brush up my resume and send it to the temp agency. Grmph. Why can't life still be about feeding myself and telling stories around the fire? 'Cause that'd be nice.

Comment

• I might need a stocking hat. I'll have to send you a picture of the one that Boyfriend has been wearing lately. My grandmother's friend knitted it for my sister and me when we were little and it still gets a lot of wear. It has rainbow colored stripes on it .

Let MDA be your proverbial fire! *curls up with some coconut hot cocoa*
              Depression Lies

Comment

• I'm already mulling over a Rainbow Brite beanie. I just have to collect all the colors

Send me pictures! I need more hat shapes to keep it interesting.

Comment

• I went for a walk today *pats self on head.* It was only 20 minutes, but it was a walk. I also picked up some pre-made chicken broth that should just be chicken. Oh- for Colorado Springians- Calcrate (Calcrete?) Beef has just started a raw, grassfed milk share through their store. Woo hoo! Now I have to figure out if I can handle 4 gallons a month, or if my roommate will help me out

In other news, I might have to break down and buy a new crock pot. I got mine second hand (at least) I don't even know how many years ago, and it might be on it's last legs. I lost the handle for the temperature a while ago, and I just lost a handle off the heating unit today. However, it is heating up a pot roast that will be breakfast with the balance doled out in one-serving dishes to encourage me to get back on the wagon. *shades eyes and peers down the road after the runaway wagon* If I can catch it . . .

Comment

• Breakfast was et, and I'm not sure whether I'll be getting in another meal today or not. I need to remember to bake my bones and scoop out the marrow before I make beef broth so I don't have quiiiite the overdose of fat next time. However, my vegetarian roommate's dog thinks I'm the BESTEST person EVER!!!! because I let her clean out the soup bowl.

So, last night I took measurements for my re-commitment to eating right. Ouch. Then, this morning, my Christmas present from my Nana arrived, and I got target clothing. It is a violently pink, size large hoodie. I got it over my arms, just, but zipping it didn't even cross my mind. Step 1- be able to wear it so if I accidentally flex my arms, I don't bust a seam. Step 2- zip it. Wonder how long this will take?

Comment

• Wonder- good call on Korean. Here's who I'll be basing Ethnic Friend's looks off of (he took a while to find among the more androgynous male actors): Pictures & Photos of Bin Won - IMDb

Anybody know what to call the meal when it's bacon and eggs at 3 am? Aside from yummy.

Comment

• I tend to call those Munch: midnight brunch.
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Ooh, I like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                            I tend to call those Munch: midnight brunch.
                            Ooh. I like that one. Munch. The forbidden meal! I don't allow myself to eat in the middle of the night or I'm sure I'd have to move into the garage and use the main door for moving me!

Comment

• Usually that would be a bad idea, but I think I need to up my food intake a bit, so I'll take meals when I can. Sadly, I'm frequently awake at 3 am these days.

Comment

• Ok. Now I'm wondering why I never have heard of one of these super obese people doing that. Mmmm... Now I'm off to count my blessings that I have not had to ponder this before!

Comment

Working...
                                X