Going Wild (Drssgchic)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings and salutations.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Greetings!

This is something that I'm sure none of you have any experience with yourselves, but being fat sucks. I think I gained the same amount this go-round as I did after college- about 70# at the moment. Unfortunately, starting at 150ish gives a different result than starting at 190ish. I've been so close to inert for so long that I didn't realize everything that was happening. Now that I'm trying to move again, ugh- the things I can't do! The calf attached to my bad leg has decided that any time I move, it will hurt. (It's bad when your grandmother asks you if you're ok because of your limping) Standing long enough to cook a meal hurts my feet. I can barely tie my damn shoes. For the first time in my life, I have fat feet! Anything I do is just difficult. I thought it was bad at 217- my last high. No- I had no idea. I KNOW that I need to move to get things working again, but the effort required and the pain it will produce is just too much disincentive right now. I'm finally getting why it's SO HARD for overweight people to do something about it. Last time I was at a high weight, I still had muscle. Not as much as I'd had before, but it was there. These days, I'm right in line with so very many Americans that have no muscle in place to build off of. I'm starting with a very, very blank slate.

However- I was right that coming to Maine would help get me back on track, despite the holidays. Unofficially, I'm down a pound or so since before Thanksgiving I'll be doing an official weigh-in tomorrow. It was also a little gratifying to put on a pair of size 24 pants and have them be too big. I am a 22, according to the jeans I just got, but I'm not a 24. Whew.
      http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• I have mobility issues when things are not right. The fatigue, the pain in my feet, for the most part. I've never been able to stand for long, but I didn't pay attention to that much when things were really good this summer. Lately, I've had some kind of inflammation going on, so my knees and hands hurt. The more strict I am with food, the better it is, so there's that, at least. Sucks when moving is hard though.
        Depression Lies

Comment

• For anybody that popped over to my blog because I posted here earlier, there is now a new post up.

That sucks that you're having mobility issues. I mean, I know what mine are caused by, and I know how to fix them- lose weight and gain strength. Not hard. Ok, not hard to say. It sounds like yours are probably a bit more difficult to get a handle on. It is good, though, that the food thing is helping.
          http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

• It's official. I lost weight over Thanksgiving. Last Wednesday (or maybe Tuesday- not sure) I was 260.4#, dressed, but post a small breakfast because I didn't think to measure until after I'd eaten. Today, dressed, but pre-breakfast, I'm 258.1#. While breakfast could be two pounds, I don't think mine was, so- woo hoo! And, wow, my eating really WAS that bad! This is even with pie and German stollen (wheat-based) and some chocolate and icecream last night!

Anybody else checked?

Comment

• Well done What a nice after Thanksgiving surprise.

Comment

• Thanks!

My suspicions are confirmed. Mom's gluten-free bread-maker bread isn't doing me any favors. Drat. Not that I didn't know it, but I suppose it's best that it's confirmed so I steer clear. I'm also not really up to just two meals a day yet. Which is a problem when I'm only awake for lunch and dinner Guess I need to stuff a third in there somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                  Thanks!

My suspicions are confirmed. Mom's gluten-free bread-maker bread isn't doing me any favors. Drat. Not that I didn't know it, but I suppose it's best that it's confirmed so I steer clear. I'm also not really up to just two meals a day yet. Which is a problem when I'm only awake for lunch and dinner Guess I need to stuff a third in there somewhere.
                  I have it on good authority that second breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Souce: Mr. B. Baggins.

Comment

• LMAO. True. Very true.

Although I think Dad's liking this eggs for lunch thing we've been doing- since that's breakfast for me. Muahaha- I WILL get him off gluten, too! *steeples fingers creepily*

Comment

• *pout* I don't want to go out to dinner. I like eating in my slippers. The drawback to going to visit family is that you're expected to, like, visit with family. I like the aunt I'm going out with, and I hear the food is good, but, just, meh. It doesn't help that it's been snowing all day. I love the snow, but the grey isn't helping at all. What I really want is a nap.

Comment

• A lime green corset would certainly brighten the day... and the dinner conversation!
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                          A lime green corset would certainly brighten the day... and the dinner conversation!
                          LMAO- Not only do they probably not sell them up here, it's a titty bit too nipply to wear one as anything but an undergarment. I think it was something like 8 last night.

I am thinking, though, that when I get home I should see if my black velvet will expand out enough . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                            LMAO- Not only do they probably not sell them up here, it's a titty bit too nipply to wear one as anything but an undergarment. I think it was something like 8 last night.

I am thinking, though, that when I get home I should see if my black velvet will expand out enough . . .
                            Bah... you wear it under something then start popping those buttons as soon as you arrive!

Restaurants have heat you know...
                            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Now wouldn't that give my Born Again aunt something to ponder . . .

Comment

• Well, being 'born again' I know it would certainly give her something to gossip about!
                                ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                                X