No announcement yet.

Going Wild (Drssgchic)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At one point I was tired of being single (and tired of my mom asking me about being single) so I asked one of my friends if he had any single friends. He thought about it for a minute and said, "Nope. They're all idiots." I guess it's one thing to be friends with someone and something else to think he's good enough to date a girl friend
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
      College Guy was friends with Asshat (still is), but didn't like the idea that I was willing to date someone so explosive over such small things. (At that point, I didn't realize that I considered that type of thing normal, thanks to my childhood.) CG was the one that figuratively picked me up off the floor after the break up (I was 300 miles from where he lived, or he would've done it physically.)
      In a way, I hate how badly he got friendzoned by me, but by the time I realized he was interested, he was very much a brother in my eyes. The idea of romance with him was about as appealing as a romance with a piece of old tire. I asked him to stand as one of my two men of honor when Geek and I got married. Unfortunately, both he and Dallas Guy had to bow out: CG got violently ill the day he was to drive to the ranch, and DG got offered a new job (after 6 mos of unemployment) that started my wedding day. I told both of them to TCB and not worry about it.
      This sounds like so many experiences I've had - it really hits home! I was no good at being controlled either and thought nothing of violence. Reading what you have written makes me wonder if I may have "out crazied" a few of them. I am so grateful for my hubby as he is almost completely non-violent and I discovered early on that you can't fight with someone who will not fight back. His ability to shut down that side of me has saved me a thousand times over!

Comment

• I know I have my own variety of bat shit crazy, enough to have scared off several prospective suitors. My sister has it too. I know ex dumped me because he couldn't dominate me enough for his tastes. If I didn't care about the idea, I'd do as requested, but, to hear CG tell it, it was more like water moving around a rock than the rock changing the course of the water. If I did care and didn't like the idea, he'd get shut down, usually with a solid stance, my arms crossed, and THE LOOK. There was something about that look that just scared the shit out of him. According to CG, it's because THE LOOK says " I don't have time for this shit. I will kill you right here, right now, and not even bother to reach for a weapon."
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• http://i.imgur.com/0Eq5c.png

What I wish I could have sent out as my goodbye today.
          http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

• I got screwed by the "no exit e-mails" rule too. I wanted to say bye to some folks that weren't in the office and had to leave notes with those still in the office or call them. It sucked ass.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• No exit e-mails? What's that? I just sent an e-mail to a few friends letting them know it was my last day.

Comment

• Oh, nevermind. A couple companies I've worked for have banned good-byee-mails by company policy; one actually would withhold certain things if they found out you did. I thought you got caught by that because of "What I wish..."
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Oh dear god. Really? That's horrible.

I'm allowed to send one. I just went with one that was, ah, less honest than this one

Comment

• Congrats on moving on. Many people (probably most) are too scared to make a big change like that. Here's to a much happier future filled with your priorities and much authentic success!

Comment

• Thanks, Mud Flinger. I have to admit that a big part of why I'm changing is because I don't have any choice in the matter. I can't stay here. But that takes some of the fear out of banking on me healing in the future to make this change work. I mean, it's assured failure, or possible failure. Logic says to go with possible failure, since that allows for possible success.

*fingers crossed*

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                        http://i.imgur.com/0Eq5c.png

What I wish I could have sent out as my goodbye today.
                        Fuck yeah.
                        People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

• Hi, folks!

I have neither curled up and died nor joined a commune that doesn't have internet access. Although, now that I think about it, that might be something to contemplate for the future . . . However, my brain was on hiatus for a couple of months, so I pretty much wasn't talking to anyone. It's been fun (please read that with sarcasm) to watch TV and work on my Jabba the Hutt imitation. These days, all I'm missing is a slave Leia for a perfect replication.

My brain has been showing signs of life, again, and there's nothing like going to visit your friend the Zumba instructor to realize exactly how much muscle you've lost. (I love my friend. She's evil for suggesting not only that I get up in the AM, but that I do so AND go exercise.) I've also made a couple of people laugh when I mentioned that going to visit family for Thanksgiving might be a good time to get back on the food wagon. However, when your parents are almost wheat-free and they have a thriving winter garden, it's not as strange as it seems. I just have to watch Grandma's blueberry pie The stop in Maryland to visit friends is turning into a farewell tour of what I shouldn't eat. Bar appetizers and strawberry daqueries. Pizza tonight. (Homemade- probably worth the fallout even if my eating was something other than appalling.)

At the moment, I'm pushing 260# and we're looking at close to zero muscle mass. Two miles on a fairly flat trail is a bit of a challenge these days. I have a lot of work to do to undo the damage I've done and then to actually finish getting down to the 150#s and being strong enough to be really functional (goals to be specified at a future date).

As for other goals, when I get home, I need to start applying to jobs. I think I'll try a temp firm for a while. I don't care enough about anything just now to dive into a real job, and a temp agency should give me a chance to see a fair number of different options. Being canned from the restaurant is probably the universe's way of telling me I'm really, really not cut out for customer service already! I also need to get horses back in my life one way or another. There's a rescue I want to check out, but even if that doesn't work, I will find something that does. They DO keep me stable, and I need to stop forgetting that. On the train back East, I started working on my 50 Shades of Twilight project again. Sadly enough, after re-reading 50 Shades, Twilight seemed well written

I should also be on here a bit more. Probably not living on here, since unemployment allows me to kill time with TV instead, but I'll be around more than I have been.

Icarian- I approve of the new avatar

Comment

• welcome home!
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                            lol

Comment

• You've been missed! Glad you are back.

Comment

• Hey girl...
                                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Working...
                                X