Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going Wild (Drssgchic)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • amazingly not scary even with all these kids, but i'm baffled as to why a mountain lion would do that. it's not like we're out in the boonies. and entering a building? just weird.
    my primal journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
      amazingly not scary even with all these kids, but i'm baffled as to why a mountain lion would do that. it's not like we're out in the boonies. and entering a building? just weird.
      in this economy perhaps it was looking for work

      Comment


      • lol. "do you guys need a night janitor? i'll get rid of that rabbit problem on the grounds."
        my primal journal:
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
          lol. "do you guys need a night janitor? i'll get rid of that rabbit problem on the grounds."
          Exactly. Do you think that kind of experience comes along every day? They would be fools not to hire him

          Comment


          • pretty sure the cougar doesn't want to work for them. husband used to, apparently was not a good experience for him.
            my primal journal:
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
              pretty sure the cougar doesn't want to work for them. husband used to, apparently was not a good experience for him.
              Actually, there's a corporate takeover in process and he's the "headhunter" checking out his new territory . . .
              http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

              Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

              And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

              Comment


              • heh, that would be something!
                my primal journal:
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

                Comment


                • Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                  I'm not so concerned about the Palestinians given they have had several chances to have their own country and have refused. I'm more concerned with how Arab citizens of Israel are treated. Many of their villages have no running water or electricity and there is just no excuse for that. They have different colored passports and are treated as second class citizens as well. It makes no sense to me given the persecution Jews have experienced for centuries why they would turn around and do it themselves (not all Israelis but it seems to be the governmental position)
                  Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't their option for another country "give up 50-90% of your ancestral lands and we'll put you . . . ah . . . over there?" I'd be disinclined to go for that too. Of course, it would be nice if everyone would just realize that it's the birthplace of three religions and, like, get over yourselves and share! But that's kind of hard to do when all three are The Only Truth and all.

                  It makes perfect sense, actually. *whips out cold logic* It's part "fuck you for hating us, rest of the world" and mostly "We are the Chosen people so it's Ok for us to treat everyone else like crap because they're not Chosen." (Winners make the rules, victors are always on the side of right, etc and so on.)
                  http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

                  Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

                  And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't their option for another country "give up 50-90% of your ancestral lands and we'll put you . . . ah . . . over there?" I'd be disinclined to go for that too. Of course, it would be nice if everyone would just realize that it's the birthplace of three religions and, like, get over yourselves and share! But that's kind of hard to do when all three are The Only Truth and all.

                    It makes perfect sense, actually. *whips out cold logic* It's part "fuck you for hating us, rest of the world" and mostly "We are the Chosen people so it's Ok for us to treat everyone else like crap because they're not Chosen." (Winners make the rules, victors are always on the side of right, etc and so on.)
                    Well, the Jews (correctly) can argue it is their ancestral lands as well, but in reality if I recall correctly at the time it was British land and they said, "Here, you can each have a country" and the Palestinians said, "No thanks." The Jews said, "Okay" and then the next day (well, the day the UN recognized them) 6 or 7 of their friendly neighbors invaded.

                    Bottom line - no one was going to be happy, but this is reality with fake boundaries and lines on a map. At some point you have to suck it up and take what you can get. Also, lets be honest the land in the middle east is hugely populated by non-Jews, yet, I don't see any of the countries so quick to invade Israel offering up any land to the Palestinians.

                    As for the chosen thing, yeah, that is crap. You don't get persecuted then turn around adn do it yourself.

                    edit: I should add that I am in no way an expert on the subject. Nor do I think either side was right. I just think in the world of big empires you take what you can get. Even half of what they wanted is better than what they have now.
                    Last edited by canio6; 06-15-2012, 11:47 AM.

                    Comment


                    • I think if they came to an agreement it would be time to go to round the family up and go to your underground disaster shelter.
                      If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                        I think if they came to an agreement it would be time to go to round the family up and go to your underground disaster shelter.
                        Perhaps. Really though I think 90% of people on both sides just want to go to work and be left the frack alone. It's the small, crazy, f*ck it all up minories on both sides keeping stuff going.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                          heh, that would be something!
                          Cuts down on the severence packages

                          Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                          I think if they came to an agreement it would be time to go to round the family up and go to your underground disaster shelter.
                          I think you're right.

                          Overall- the whole thing is totally fucked up because there are a LOT of peoples that can lay "anscestral" claim to that little patch of dirt, so who gets it and who has to suck it up and pack is up for debate. However, if the lot of them would just stop burning each other's houses down and building walls between "good" and "bad" sections, I think things would work themselves out more quickly. But I did hear that the younger generations are far less concerned with maintaining the devisions than the older ones, so *fingers crossed*

                          On to more important news: Can I not be a girl today? It'll be fine tomorrow, but can I skip being one today? *groan, pout*

                          D- egg and kale scramble with parmesan, italian soda
                          B- tea/cream, bacon and cheese omelette, coffee/half and half/cream/D
                          L- Iced coffee w/whole milk because I just don't want to eat anything.

                          Official weigh-in: 234.5# Which means part of Monday was water from the nachoes and cider out with my new roommate. However, that was bonding with her and meeting one of the managers of the resturant, so, meh.
                          http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

                          Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

                          And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                            pretty sure the cougar doesn't want to work for them. husband used to, apparently was not a good experience for him.
                            I worked for a cougar once, I learned a lot...
                            If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

                            Comment


                            • hubby told me the story and i had to ask whether the cougar was the type who eats raw game or young men.
                              my primal journal:
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                                hubby told me the story and i had to ask whether the cougar was the type who eats raw game or young men.
                                That took two reads. *snicker, snort, LOL*
                                http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

                                Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

                                And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X