No announcement yet.

Going Wild (Drssgchic)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a date on Friday. He was getting an appetizer since he was hungry- but I'd already eaten, so when the bartender asked if we wanted cheese and bacon on the potato wedges, I didn't offer an opinion. He looked at me, considered it, and said no. *sigh* Wrong answer buddy, wrong answer . . .

Friday-
    D- 4-egg scramble
    S- deep-fried potato wedges, 2 hard ciders

Saturday-
    B/S/L- bacon and eggs over easy, several teas with cream, stilton with lemon (I really prefer the cranberry version, I discovered), sheep yogurt
    D- broccoli with butter, pork roast, hot milk with butter (cream, hot water, butter)

Sunday-
    B- tea with cream, sheep yogurt
    L- (2:30ish)- hashbrowns with cheese, ham and cheese omelette, tea with milk, bacon, turtle cheesecake
    D- sushi, 3 glasses of red wine, perrier citron

There was no writing on Friday and Saturday, and the just over 500 words last night was like pulling teeth, but I got them down.

It was a bad weekend. I did basically nothing. Hardly even went outside. But- I was also awake with my alarm this morning, which hasn't been happening. Maybe I needed a weekend of being a hermit.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

How was the date otherwise?

Doing nothing doesn't necessarily make your weekend bad, does it? I struggle with that thought myself. I tend to feel like the weekend was a waste if I sleep in late or just play video games/watch movies. It's not really a waste, maybe my brain just needed a vacation from the week at work. I'm trying to find a balance so I don't wipe myself on the weekend doing everything I feel like I missed out on during the week due to my 9-5 job.
      Depression Lies

Comment

Um, he's very nice? We had a long conversation, but no spark. Oh well.

I am trying to come to terms with the fact that sometimes I really need to just not get out of bed. And it's ok. But it's hard when I know I need to get in my hikes for conditioning and I really should have gone to church . . . If I know ahead of time that it's a "do nothing" day or weekend, it's easier.

Oh yeah-

B- tea with cream
        S- two boxes of raisins, 2 small reeces cups, 2 hershey hugs, smashed peppermint pattie (I was hungry and they screwed up my break time so I couldn't get breakfast)
        L- philly cheesesteak sans bread and veggies, SOBE (at least it's sugar not HFCS)
        http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

S- another box of rasins
          D- Steak and sweet potatos, one glass of wine, sparkling water

Oh yeah- and that pint of icecream. "We only use the finest ingredients." HFCS and corn syrup. Nice.

Whoever it was that mentioned that epsom salt baths upped your- was it magnesium?- was right. Man, I haven't slept that well in a while. Almost passed out in the tub, actually.

So- I was watching Nikita last night and thinking about the link somone had to Evolvify's discussion on skin color. I'd been thinking that Shane West looked a little rough around the eyes. You can sort of see it here: Pictures & Photos from Nikita - IMDb Sometimes the bags under his eyes are red- even in the show. Then I noticed just exactly how pink he is. Ok, she's clearly of some sort of Asian decent, so she'd highlight exactly how little yellow is in his skin- but he looked positivly ghostly. I did think it was interesting to read that it's not the tan, it's the yellow- the caratin?- that makes us think health.

I noticed it first in another show- Painkiller Jane. She, the blond, had more color in her skin than her light-brown-haired boyfriend. It was a little disturbing to see. Almost as disturbing as how badly they treated her body. Not the random beating her up- but the fact that they gave her a perpetual muffin top! She was just in underwear often enough to make it clear that she had a nice body. Fit, with a little softness. But she wore really low hip-huggers that just . . . didn't . . . flatter. It's one thing to see that in day-to-day life- but this was a show for crying out loud! Didn't anybody look at how she looked? Smoking hot with a muffin top?

While I'm tearing apart women's bodies that look better than mine ever will- one more. Pictures & Photos from Nikita - IMDb vs Pictures & Photos from La Femme Nikita - IMDb Ok- so I couldn't find a better picture of Peta Wilson that showed that she actually had some meat on her bones. Yes- we are talking about totally different genetic stock, so Maggie Q is just naturally going to have a smaller frame/muscles. But, so sue me, I don't find legs attractive when the knees are the thickest part.

So- that's my rant of the day. For now. Although I do love most of Maggie Q's boots. And she can pull them off with those skinny legs of hers.
          Last edited by drssgchic; 11-08-2011, 08:48 AM.

Comment

I had the wierdest dream last night. Made wierder by the fact that I didn't find it all that wierd.

I had to challenge Vlad Tepes (you know, Dracula) to a duel. He had been the friend of one of my younger brothers, so I knew who he was. His family knew what I was there for, but they knew it had to happen, so they were perfectly ok with it. Sad, of course, but they understood.

I'm not sure whether I managed to duel and failed (guns) or if I never even managed to get to the duel, but I found myself standing in front of him losing all will to fight. He was a little younger than me- early 20's- but tall, a bit gangly (raw-boned, maybe?) but still well put together. He was fairly fair, but I could tell that his spiky blond hair was bleached. He had those sexy, hooded Eastern-European eyes that were older than his years. Oh, and he was just wearing a towel. (Like I said, wierd.) I just melted. I knew who he was, and it suddenly didn't matter.

*Sigh* So- any ideas? Other than the fact that the dangerous vampires are so much sexier than the sparkly ones?

B- Tea with cream
            (9:30) half of a bacon and cheese omelette, coffee with some french vanilla cappeccino mix and vanilla syrup with half and half
            L-Tea with half and half
            D- burger with bacon, beet greens
            S- spiked hot cocoa

Yesterday I should have posted 500 words written, and 500 words written last night. I'm about 8 500-word days from meeting the minimum for this particular story. At that point I think I need to do some serious organizing and figuring out what is missing out of it. I think it is going to be more than a bare 150 pages, but I think at that length it's time to think harder than just writing whatever comes to mind. (I was one of those kids that wrote outlines for papers after I wrote the paper. It was the only way the two would match)

Comment

I did the same thing with outlines & papers! I just have to write to put things together, and the bare bones are never enough for me to figure out what I'm doing.

As for your dream, well if I was going to analyze it like a fortune teller, I'd say that you have to face a dangerous situation in your future that relates to something you think you really want, but might be bad for you, and your resolve will fail. But if we're interpreting based on your current life, it seems like perhaps you are facing something as I described and maybe upset about failing? Oh, metaphors...
              Depression Lies

Comment

B- tea and cream, 9:30- bacon and cheese omelette, tea with half and half

L- Iron

I weighed myself and I was sad. It was neither pretty nor official, so we're ignoring it. Then I lifted heavy things and was happy again

Dumbell snatch
                15# 6R alternating sides (12R)- 1 set
                30# 6R each side- 4 sets
                Apparently I was doing more of a swing when I need to go more streight up and then drop under it. Next time . . .

Deadlift
                Bar+ 50# 8R- 4 sets- hell yeah! And it'll be +another 10# next week, too

Bench Press
                I used the real bar! In the real benchpress station and everything! 6R- 5 sets- may or may not go up next time- but it was the real bar!

I was also watching a guy benching- well I didn't see exactly what the weights were, but I think it was about, uh, me. Being the delicate flower I am not- that's impressive!

Hmm, interesting thoughts about the dream. I am afraid of failing at EPCSAR- the search and rescue. It will be hard and dangerous- and it would be so easy to just let it bypass me . . . Maybe it's got me more wound up than I thought. And here I thought it might just be a manifestation of my fascination with smoking hot, dangerous men

Dreams are interesting. I used to have a recurring one about driving a car that was out of control. It took me a while to figure out that it happened when I wasn't in control of my life.

You know- I just figured out that the male lead is the son of a shaman and a warrior. This guy has been rattling around in my head for a year or more and he just told me that. Outlines never cover what the characters reveal in their own good time- and that can have a major impact on the story.

Comment

I'm not sure how much I believe dream analysis to the metaphorical extent that I laid that out, but I do believe that it can make a huge difference for people in how they interpret their feelings, so it definitely has benefits. I have dreams about driving (and crashing, usually the brakes fail) all the time, but that's because I'm scared of driving/damaging my boyfriend's/my family's cars.
                  Depression Lies

Comment

I think the biggest problem with interpreting dreams from, say, a book instead of your own knowledge is that water might mean one thing in 99% of dreams, but what if it means something different to you? I really don't have nightmares- but I've had my share that would probably be considered a nightmare by someone else. I love to drive, so it took me a long time to figure out what the car dreams were about. Now, when I have one, I know to take a closer look at what's going on in my life. It is often the breaks that fail. I only actually crashed once. That was not a good time in my life.

So- I'm reading "The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to Our Minds" by Nicholas Carr. I'm just in the history part, mostly- but there has already been an extended reference to HAL from 2001 A Space Odessy- so it's a good book The basic premise is that while we make technology to expand all of our abilitys- physical, senses, etc- the ones that we make to expand our minds then affect the very thing they're supposed to be aiding. Way back to alphabets.

Aristotle believed that the function of the brain was to keep the body from overheating. It was very much of earth and water, so when the hot blood rises from the fire region of the heart and lungs, the brain moderates it before it flows to the rest of the body. Ok, from a literal, scientific point of view it's, ah, quaint. But from a metaphorical point of view- rather spot on. Our hearts give us our dreams, our passions, our fire. Our brains then take those things and "cool them off" with a dose of reality. Sometimes to the point of smothering. What we get left with is a mushy, tepid version of the great things we once wanted. You know- the sensible version.

One of the other bits I've picked up so far is that we are, literally, what we think and what we do. Our brains are elastic and can change- but they do like to use the established pathways. I am worthless because I have told myself I'm worthless so many times that my brain is comfortable with that. I'm a klutz because I've told myself- and acted it out- so many times that it's part of me. That is why when one is casting a spell to change something- you don't say "I want" or "I will" but "I am." That's also why "fake it til you make it" works. Once the positive/productive pathways are established- even if they aren't really real yet, the brain is willing to fall into those patterns rather than having to forge new ones. I need to be more concious of what I do and think. To be sure that I really want it to be part of me.

D- Red Robin Royal Burger sans bun with sweet potato fries and a glass of Chardonnay which silly me thought was red. Oh well, it was still good.
                    S- brandy

1,250 words

I hurt- but it's a little hard to know how much of the upper-body is from benching- and how much because I ended up going back in the evening to use the punching bag. I've forgotten less than I'd feared, which is good- and it was easier to just work through it when I wasn't surrounded by competent people like when I tried to go back to Krav. I got in two 30-second drills, too. It's sprinting- with your fists.

Comment

Official weigh-in: 201# That's it- I quit- I'm blaming PMS. That accounts for bloat, crankiness, mood eating, inability to be social, lack of writing. Yeah- it's a good thing to blame.

AM- Tea with cream
                      B-Tea with half and half, bacon and cheese omelette
                      L- Peppermint hot chocolate
                      D- eggs with cream and bacon, wesleydale with cranberries, spiked hot cocoas

0 words written

Avoided going out to a social through the local young professionals group. The thought of walking into a room full of strangers and needing to, like, meet them was just more than I could handle. So last night I reinforced my "watch TV and sit on my duff" pathways in my brain. They're well defined by now.

AM- tea with cream
                      B- Coffee with half and half (there's no sun, it's a coffee day) applesauce and cottage cheese

I did offer one of my cubemates some chicken broth. She hasn't been feeling so hot. She really liked it! And was interested in the MDA links I sent her about making her own . . .

Comment

That's how I sneakily introduce primal living to people. I post CW-friendly recipes on Facebook or send them to my vegan sister and say I want to try making it.
                        Depression Lies

Comment

Friday-
                          L- Panera's New England Clam Chowder, Peppermint Mocha
                          D- Sausage, apples, hard cider (I was making applesauce and eating sausage- wine just wasn't going to do)
                          No words written

Saturday-

B- tea with cream, coffee with half and half, grapes
                          L- salad with a little chicken, more coffee
                          D- sausage and applesauce then at the potluck, lots of beans and rice in various formats. Oh- and two bites of this amazing curried lamb.
                          600? words written

Sunday-
                          B- Tea with cream
                          S- Coffee with cream, amazing vanilla/caramel latte
                          L- hashbrowns, bacon and many-cheese omelet, tea, half and half
                          D- sausage
                          S- vodka cranberry- to help my bowling game
                          Over 1,000 words written. I am thiiiiiis close to hitting the minimum word number for that story. Woo hoo! Then I just have to figure out what parts are missing . . .

Comment

Unofficial weigh-in. Not saying, but oy fucking vey! Tomorrow I'm instituting "don't eat it unless I made it." Not tonight. After all, I can't let the half bottle of wine go to waste. But the food part of dinner will be healthy. I'm thinking steak and sweet potatos. That's always good. This will be for the rest of the work week. Then, we'll see what happens on the weekend. A whole 30 is just more than I can face right now- but four days? I can do four days.

Comment

Aristotle believed that the function of the brain was to keep the body from overheating. It was very much of earth and water, so when the hot blood rises from the fire region of the heart and lungs, the brain moderates it before it flows to the rest of the body. Ok, from a literal, scientific point of view it's, ah, quaint. But from a metaphorical point of view- rather spot on. Our hearts give us our dreams, our passions, our fire. Our brains then take those things and "cool them off" with a dose of reality. Sometimes to the point of smothering. What we get left with is a mushy, tepid version of the great things we once wanted. You know- the sensible version.
                              Interesting! That's a cool metaphor (ha ha). I know I'm held back by the things in my head... I was so depressed and disappointed for a long time that i avoided wanting anything and dreaming about my future. Now I figure it doesn't make sense to be disappointed by something that hasn't happened yet and since it's not here I can daydream all sorts of fantastical outcomes and just enjoy it.

speaking of normal dreams, I always dream about small animals escaping....
                              Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
                              Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
                              "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

Well, I know the wheel in my head works better when the mouse stays on it rather than running away . . .

I'm working on overcoming my tendency to see how things can go wrong. There are always lots of ways- but if all I see are those, then I miss out on everything that could happen before it blows up in my face. One of the things I'm working on (some days more than others) is imbedding the Stoic thought of "Some things you can control and some things you can't control." The hardest part is applying myself to what I can control instead of railing against what I can't.

AM- Tea with cream
                                B- most of a bacon and cheese omelette, coffee with half and half and a couple squirts of syrup (yeah, yeah- it was a bad day)
                                L- Peppermint mocha (like I said)
                                D- steak, sweet potatoes fried in butter, red wine

1,000 words written- and I reached (surpassed actually) the 37,500 minimum for that story (150 page novel). Now I need to do some shuffling to get it put in order- to be followed by printing and actual cut and paste (I'm rather kenetic- I like cut and paste). Then I probably will write an outline so I can figure out what I have and what I need to stitch it all together. I can't believe I'm actually at a place in a novel(ish) length story where I need to do this! Woo hoo!

Speaking of big dreams- I recently applied to the local search and rescue (fingers crossed that I get in the next training class) and I'm about to sign up for a community garden plot. I'm also ruminating on the possibility of becoming some sort of gardening/urban homesteading consultant to eventually get out of the office job . . . It's so nice to be in a place that I'm not just dying to leave. Part of this is the supplement regimen that helps me manage my brain- but part of it is that this might not be my forever home, but unlike Maryland, I don't feel the need to get the hell out as soon as possible. It might be all the vitamin D from the sun

Today-
                                AM- tea with cream
                                B- coffee with half and half

Comment

Working...
                                X