Going Wild (Drssgchic)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see . . .

I lifted yesterday over lunch. Added 10# to my deadlift! Ok- so it's, like, still less than 50% of my bodyweight, but at least it's going up! I also broke down and bought sugar. Aside from the packets of raw sugar I was keeping in the cupboard for the occasional indulgence, I haven't had any in the since I moved in June. But then we needed treats to bribe the judges so our team would win the Halloween decorating contest. This is how I discovered that if you dye the coconut for macaroons- the outside stays fairly pale but the inside is colored. In this case, orange. I felt clever.

That means dinner was cottage cheese, macaroon batter, cooked macaroons- you know, to test- then turnips/ground beef/cheese. At least there was no wheat?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

I don't like blue cheese (my dad loves the stuff), but I frequently keep cheese past the molding point. I like to buy small blocks of cheddar and just hack off what I need for omelettes and whatnot (note to self: get a cheese grater). If you cut off the mold, I really don't see the harm! It's not like meat where the whole thing goes bad! Maybe it *is* a New England thing =P

Congrats on the weight increase!
      Depression Lies

Comment

Friday-
        B- (late) bacon and cheese omelette, tea, half and half, coconut oil
        S/L- macaroons and rice-crispy treat sushi- which my tummy promptly informed me was neither food nor appreciated. So noted.
        D-Is it bad that the only thing I'm sure of is wine and brandy-spiked hot cocoa? I'm sure there was some sort of meat in there too . . .

Saturday-
        B- Eggs with cheese, tea, cream
        L- a 7-mile hike. Turns out on the last hike my feet/legs were complaining about the pavement, not the distance. *whew*
        D- Cottage cheese, Wesleydale with cranberries- erm, I'm not sure if I had any actual food before I had my spiked eggnog- which was yummy. Although I might have over-done the dairy. Maybe?

Sunday-
        B- Tea with cream
        L- Coffee with creamer
        D- chedder sausages, York Peppermint Patties (those kids better take the rest of them- they're dangerous!)
        S- real hot cider

There were some Austrailian pullups and I figured out that the walk to and from the playground I use is about 4.5 miles. I could have sworn it was closer- but it is a nice stretch of the legs.

I also indulged in play/spiritual time with a Samhain ritual through the church I just started attending. It is a good time to start the learning with the death of the sun. They're good people- and fun. Now is a time of rest until we can welcome the sun back at Yule. One of these days I will actually be able to take this time for reflection and quiet rather than having to get up to spend another day in the same environment doing the same tasks, wearing the same clothes. We're supposed to be seasonal- but modern jobs do not take that into account. The only thing that changes for me is that I want cooked food and heavier veggies instead of salads and fresh/light food.
        http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

There's a reason to stay at a job for a while! I just ordered a free blender for my 5-year anniversary! Ok, I wanted a stick blender, but it's free. I'm not going to argue. Won't get it until mid-November, but, whatever. Then I can try those blended soups I keep seeing posted here . . . Ooh- and I'll be able to chop blueberries for Batty's Blue Balls!

D- Eggs, peppermint patties, spiked hot cocoa
          I had one- one!- trick or treater. Next year, I'll be a scrooge and not participate so I don't end up with a full bag of candy. That I'm eating. Gah. (yeah, yeah, willpower and all that- but they're peppermint patties! I haven't had them in forever!) Or maybe I'll hand out nuts.

B- Egg-bake with potatos. A team breakfast I could eat! Wow!
          S- coffee, half and half, coconut oil- in lieu of the nap I really want.

Comment

Free things! Yay! That's cool that you get a gift for loyalty I've been wanting to try a number of blended soup recipes as well and now I have my Ninja blender (is that what you meant by stick?).

Mmmm spiked cocoa is the best. I haven't had any in a while (cocoa or spiked cocoa). I should hunt around for a primal hot chocolate recipe.
            Depression Lies

Comment

What I do is heavy cream, cocoa (lately it's been the kind with sugar- sssh) and boiling water. Easy and yummy. I'm a fan of using Rumplemintz, but brandy is what's in the house right now (eggnog- mmmm) so it's not a bad one.

Well, I'm not sure exactly what a stick blender is- but the kind that you can stick in any ol' bowl or pot rather than needing to put the food in the blender.

Comment

Oooo immersion blender! My sister has one of those. yeah those definitely seem cool
                Depression Lies

Comment

S- there was also a single-serve box of raisins. While reading the poop thread. Um. yeah.
                  L- Vanilla Rooibos Tea Latte
                  D- steak, sweet potato slices, both cooked in butter (out of coconut oil at home) with two glasses of red wine.

I was starving by dinner- but it was a "I really haven't eaten hardly at all today" rather than "If I don't eat NOW I will chew my arm or someone else's head off!" I do love that change. And it meant that I could eat a 1.22# (raw weight) steak and a sizeable sweet potato. I'm just glad I didn't have to move after that. I couldn't.

I also wrote! I'm not going to sign up for NaNoWriMo- but I am going to use it as an excuse to get back into daily writing. I will write at least 500 words a day every day this month. Last night was about 1100. September and October were pretty much a loss as far as writing goes, but it's a new month and I'm never going to be a published novelist unless I actually finish one. Like, duh.

I also need to be more attentive to the weather. I thought it was a misting rain last night coming through my window. No, it was snow. I need to be aware of these things so I can peel myself out of bed in time to leave time to drive to work in 4th instead of 5th. Oh yeah, and decent tires

Comment

Props on the writing goal! If I set goals like that, I tend to not follow them. Minor contests, like one my friend runs through a DeviantArt group, never fail to get me motivated though.
                    Depression Lies

Comment

I love DeviantArt! I currently have some guy playing with fire from there as my background. What do you do?

I have set goals for myself in the past- this is not the first attempt at 500 words a day- but they were really easy to ignore since I didn't write them down. My goal of a novel written (not publishable, just finished) by July 1, 2012, is currently taped to my wall with a calendar. Each time I write, I put down the new word total for that story on that day. I'm also trying not to start new ones to keep my options to the ones I already have. This means that I can't avoid seeing that I accomplished almost nothing toward the goal for two months. But I did accomplish things before- so it's possible.

I went for a lunch walk- the shorter, one-ish mile one. I think it might qualify as cold today. I need to dig out a scarf for future walks- and a pair of longjohns wouldn't have gone awry. Of course- I can't wear longjohns to work because I'm sitting here in short sleeves quite comfortably. I'd melt if I actually dressed for winter. I think I do finally have an excuse to buy a long, wool frock coat like I've wanted forever. Now to 1- find one and 2- find one I can afford. Ha! I should have started this search a few months ago . . .

B- 9:30- bacon and cheese omelette, tea with half and half
                      L- hot cocoa cut with some coffee and half and half

Comment

I write (sometimes) and take photos. I have not been very active on there since graduating college though. It's more of a hobby than anything.
                        cloudysoul.deviantart.com
                        Depression Lies

Comment

I haven't read the story yet, but the pictures are beautiful!

D- Western Burger sans bun and onion rings, hot cocoa with butter

There was no desire to get out of bed this morning. I'm not a morning person, but this was bad. I like getting out of work earlier, but getting up prior to sunrise is rough when I don't really have a reason to do so. Fortunately, the time is switching this weekend, so that should be a little easier. Hopefully.

I hate that I have no purpose. I'm hoping that the search and rescue can help. Maybe if I'm doing some real good, and learning real skills, in one part of my life, I'll be more motivated in other parts of it. Hopefully? Not to mention that I'll need this job to bankroll that hobby. I have no fun toys- this is going to be expensive . . . I'm just very adrift right now, and I don't like it. With my last position, sure, I goofed off some- but when it really came down to it, I was learning, advancing, and could- if I wanted to- be busy all day. I feel like I'm stagnating here and I hate that I have nothing to do between chats. I'd like to "be at work" when I'm at work- according to the latest book about dream jobs, you need to do that. But what am I supposed to do when I don't know when a client is going to pop up for help? Gah.

I'm not sleeping well, and I know I'm whiny. I don't like being broke, and I'd like to go out and be social, but I can't afford it- which is wierd for me. Usually I don't want to go out. I really want to get up in the morning and go feed the chickens- which I can't do until I have a house- which I can't do until 1- I've been here 4 seasons and more to the point 2- I have the spare money to have a mortgage- and chicken scratch. I know this limbo is temporary. I guess it's just harder than it had been because I'm SO CLOSE to what I want. Is Colorado Springs my forever home? No. But I could totally settle here for a while. This is new for me, and I like it. But I'm not . . . there yet.

Hmm- I need to start looking for folks that have an apartment garage they're willing to rent if I feed their goats . . .

P.S.- 800 words. The one that is getting the most attention is less than 7,000 words from hitting the 150-page goal. Woo hoo! (ok, so it's only just long enough to qualify as a novel- but 75,000 words is a bit daunting- 37,500 is a bit more approachable.)
                          Last edited by drssgchic; 11-03-2011, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Okie dokie- you've heard me talking about lifting heavy- so I think I need to post my actual numbers so nobody gets the wrong idea. And because it'll be good for me to have reminders in more than just my gym journal that I am, in fact, making progress.

The big bar- "the bar"- is 45# and the little bar is 15#. I log weight as "bar plus . . . " to minimize the math involved.

I was having a bad people day, so I was actually chomping at the bit for lunchtime so I could lift. Not that I really felt like lifting- I never do- but it would be nice to growl a little at inanimate objects, since I'm not allowed to growl at clients.

AM- tea with cream
                            B- 9:30- most of a bacon and cheese omelette, tea with half and half- I wasn't really hungry, but I was looking for . . . something

Today:

Power Clean-
                            Bar- 5R- 1 set (warmup)
                            Bar+15#- 5R- 2 sets- but I just wasn't feeling challenged
                            Bar+20#- 5R- 3 sets- I do a total of 5 working sets on that one- in the end, up 10# from two weeks ago

Squat Press
                            Bar+5#- 5R- 5 sets- took me forever to add any weight- and I think I'm ready for more next week! Up 5# from two weeks ago

Deadlift
                            Bar+40#- 8R- 4 sets- up 10 from last week, and I considered upping it again, but- next week.

Last week I did the other two exercises in my lineup. I'm to pick three or four of the five each week- but deadlift is pretty much always in, since it's just awesome.

Dumbell Snatch
                            15#- 6R alternating sides (12 total)- 1 set (warmup)
                            25#- 6R/side- 4 sets/side
                            * This was my first go, and I like that it's one side or the other. I'm very right-handed, so it's good to make the left side actually function.

Bench Press
                            Dumbells totaling 40# (the little bar was taken)- 6R- 5 sets
                            * I think I'll be doing dumbells on the even numbers for this one. It was hard to keep them lined up!

Official weigh-in: 199# Boo. At least it's under 200 again?
                            Last edited by drssgchic; 11-03-2011, 01:28 PM.

Comment

YES! It is under 200!

Remember to celebrate what you have already accomplished, not bemoan what hasn't happened yet. Positive mental attitude!
                              Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

It's not so much what hasn't happened as it is what has happened over, and over, and over. My best weight since I started PB was 187. The first time I saw 199 on my way down it was great! Now it's more of a "this again?" I'll try to be happy about it though. At least it's under 200.

There's a reason I avoid math. It was 700 words to be recorded yesterday, not 800. Last night, however, was 1,050.

D- Ground beef with spices, two glasses of red wine, peppermint patties (at least they're gone now) spiked hot cocoa
                                B- Tea with cream and a bit of coffee (good, no- caffinated though) Scotch egg

Oh yeah, and my shoulders/arms hurt from yesterday. Yay!

Comment

Working...
                                X