No announcement yet.

Going Wild (Drssgchic)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No way dude, she's totally mine. Can't keep her hands off of me.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Peeta is built right, and has the right sort of face, but I pictured him much bigger. It's really wierd when she's in heels beside him and just towering.

Leather coat? Sorry, my brain-picture got stuck when she was walking away from us in the leather fire suit.
      http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
        (In 7th grade, we got double credit for reading books over 500 pages. After the first quarter my teacher told me I only got double credit on the first 500+ page book I read. Joke was on her- I only claimed maybe half the books I was reading anyway so that I could claim them later if I chose to re-read them )
        Yeah, the joke was definitely on her. Boy you sure got her good!

Comment

Peeta is built right, and has the right sort of face, but I pictured him much bigger. It's really wierd when she's in heels beside him and just towering.

Leather coat? Sorry, my brain-picture got stuck when she was walking away from us in the leather fire suit.
          Yeah, could they not put Peeta on a box or something. And I actually expected him to be bigger/more muscular. I'm saving the fire suit for when I get tired of the leather coat.

Comment

• Yeah yeah. Half the books actually were re-reads. While everyone else was reading Goosebumps. And getting credit for it. *shakes head sadly*
            http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
              No way dude, she's totally mine. Can't keep her hands off of me.
              Fine, fine, fine. You can have her. when I am done >.>

Comment

Yeah yeah. Half the books actually were re-reads. While everyone else was reading Goosebumps. And getting credit for it. *shakes head sadly*
                In 7th grade?!?? *wince*
                JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                  In 7th grade?!?? *wince*
                  pretty advanced reading these days.

Seriously though, I was at a parent-teacher conference once along with an English teacher. She said "Oh *student's name* is one of my best readers. She recently tested on the 4th grade level!" The student was an 8th grader, and yes, the teacher was actually happy she read that well.
                  Last edited by canio6; 05-11-2012, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• * runs out of this journal crying *

Comment

• People who read for aesthetic pleasure or with any level of sophistication are superfluous to what is needed in society: worker bees with baseline reading skills sufficient to accomplish menial tasks.

Burn Othello, kids! It's the devil's work!

Just started reading House of Leaves after several folks recommended it, and after a Murakami binge. Murakami doesn't leave me as woozy as, say, reading a whole bunch of Philip K. Dick, but just enough that I'm walking around about 4 degrees off plumb.

Comment

• House of Leaves... I did not like that book. I mean, I guess I did, but I did not know what to think of it. I don't like that from a book, I prefer it from a film. Much less brain-hurting to figure out anything from it.
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• I don't mind junk reading (which I engage in myself) but getting credit for it in school? My 7th grade teacher would have laughed me out of the classroom had I shown up to do a report on Goosebumps.

Comment

• Hmm..I do more historical war books. Like Iwo Jima accounts and the like. I ran through Hunger Games just cause it was in the news a lot I guess, it's not really what I get in to.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                              House of Leaves... I did not like that book. I mean, I guess I did, but I did not know what to think of it. I don't like that from a book, I prefer it from a film. Much less brain-hurting to figure out anything from it.
                              Only just started it (~p.60), it constitutes my lunchtime reading. I understand what the author's doing with the layers of storytelling and POV and sending up lit crit and such, but my worst fear was that the footnotes would become cutesy and distracting, which, to a certain degree, they have. Enjoyable enough to march onward though.

I don't mind hurting my brain, unless it's with a chainsaw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                                I don't mind junk reading (which I engage in myself) but getting credit for it in school? My 7th grade teacher would have laughed me out of the classroom had I shown up to do a report on Goosebumps.
                                If I would have done a 7th grade report on Goosebumps I'd be a flippin' gazillionaire, since it would have required my having a time machine. Speaking of which, I did a book report on Wells's The Time Machine in 5th or 6th grade, and the teacher docked me points for using the word palpitate. She said I couldn't have known what that word meant, which proved I was just copying someone else's work; I replied by defining the word on the spot, and pointing out that it appeared in the damned book. Boy, that pissed me off.

Comment

Working...
                                X