No announcement yet.

Going Wild (Drssgchic)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I'm a light-weight anyway, plus I got a slow start with drinking because my inhibitions are in place for a reason Maybe I seldom pass drunkity-drunk.

I will tell you that I like showtunes by drunk and rather than getting less formal, my speech tends to become more formal. However, the inhibitions loosen
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Oh- guys- on the off chance that you were interested in more information on soil, I just posted my review of the class. It's lengthy, but only scratches the surface.

One of the things that I love about the PB is that I can do things like not eat lunch because I had something else to do and NOT feel like killing someone about this time of day. (I mean, I do, but it's not a hunger thing) I'm hungry. Having some tea with cream to tide me over, but I'm not going to keel over. I'm also going to be digging over a garden this evening. Still undecided as to whether I'm going to stop for chow on the way over or not. It might not be a bad idea, but at the same time I don't think being hungry is going to affect my ability to work like it would have before. So, I might be off the rails on a regular basis, but I still know that THIS WORKS.
      http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

• It just occurred to me that yesterday was Thursday, which makes the weigh-in official. Dang it. 227#

On the up side- TGIF!

D- ground beef and cheese over kale, sparkling water and vanilla- no wine! Then, of course, I wake up in the middle of the night and can't shut my brain off to go back to sleep. Melatonin didn't work. Vodka did. Healthy, no. Oh well.

B- chocolate almond butter, coffee/half and half/cream, most of a bacon and cheese omelette

I got the whole 4x8 plot dug over last night- and pulled out a friggin' huge rock. While pulling out said rock, I ruined another pair of pants. Two in one day. I think that's a record. I bought three pairs of jeans freshman year in college and they've seen me through a lot of sizes. I lost the first pair when I was absolutely miserable (and therefore very fat) after college and they split. Great. I'm right back there. Sans horse and school debt. I need to get out of here. Here's hoping my ass doesn't get fat enough to split the third pair, too.

I'm not ashamed to say- I almost had a meltdown when I thought I might not be able to get into MDA today. What will I do with my time if I can't post what I'm eating and various other trivial shit?! Don't say work. We all know that's not going to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
          I almost had a meltdown when I thought I might not be able to get into MDA today. What will I do with my time if I can't post what I'm eating and various other trivial shit?! Don't say work. We all know that's not going to happen.
          LOL.

I couldn't get in and I thought dammit, now I have to work!
          JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Word up. I texted my wife and told her I'd probably leave work early. What's the use staying here if I can't MDA all day? I had one of the NOOOOOO! moments where the movie shows me screaming, the expands out to my building, then expands out to the city, then out to the world.
            If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Lol- I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

*sigh* One of my friends suggested that I look beyond jobs that offer health insurance, since hers is actually slightly better than mine and not THAT much more expensive (considering it's individual and not corporate). I love you guys, but I would like a job where I actually want to do my work instead of wasting my time here.

I considered working on a story that I'm doing by hand at the moment- but then I realized I'm too ADD at work and then I think I went to STFU Parents. Which was a productive move.

Comment

I considered working on a story that I'm doing by hand at the moment- but then I realized I'm too ADD at work and then I think I went to STFU Parents. Which was a productive move.
                I love that site so very, very much. I even made a contribution once which was posted.

Should we make a deal? I'll write my story if you write your story!

Comment

• Some of the hits on your blog are me going through there to the links on the right. Sadly, the Not Always Right seems to be freezing my screen now.

You want me to be productive at work? Even if it's not on work stuff? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Ok, fine, I'll see where I am . . .

Comment

Some of the hits on your blog are me going through there to the links on the right. Sadly, the Not Always Right seems to be freezing my screen now.

You want me to be productive at work? Even if it's not on work stuff? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Ok, fine, I'll see where I am . . .
                    I get a bunch of those! Gay Panda is here to link people to time-wasters. I guess it was good for me that MDA was down? It forced me to write a post for Pandaloonery as I desperately avoided opening up the file with my book to finish it.

Okay, no more avoidance. Open file. 63,600 words and at least 10,000 more to go.

Comment

• That's like a lot of words. Will there be pictures?

Comment

• Aw, heck, 10.000 is nothing compared to what you already have down! You can do it! (I am intentionally glossing over the fact that the last 10,000 is signifigantly harder than the first- which is why I'm good at starting them and lousy at finishing them) I'll be popping back over there, then, to check out the post

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                          That's like a lot of words. Will there be pictures?
                          63K is nothing compared to my longest book, which was 217K.

No pictures! I write young adult fantasy and adult science fiction and fantasy. I did find a great free image for the cover of this book once it's edited.
                          * lovesInternetzsoveryverymuch *
                          Last edited by Gay Panda; 05-11-2012, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• You mean I'll have to use my imagination. That's BS. And let me tell you, the Hunger Games look a lot different in my head than they do in the movie theater. Except Jennifer Lawrence, she looks the same, but there's always a lot less under that leather coat.

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                              Except Jennifer Lawrence, she looks the same, but there's always a lot less under that leather coat.
                              Apparently we have the same imagination.

Comment

• I like door-stop-sized books generally. I read fast, so it lets me stay in the story longer. When I started writing and actually researching this stuff, I figured I'd eventually be able to write them. Then I realized that 75,000 is a mere 300 page book. That's, like, the minimum for me to consider it a book. THEN I tried to write 75,000 words. Um, I'm no longer at all sure that I'll ever be able to write a door-stop-sized book.

(In 7th grade, we got double credit for reading books over 500 pages. After the first quarter my teacher told me I only got double credit on the first 500+ page book I read. Joke was on her- I only claimed maybe half the books I was reading anyway so that I could claim them later if I chose to re-read them )

Comment

Working...
                                X