No announcement yet.

Going Wild (Drssgchic)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tragic part being that so many of them never grow past that stage.

L- Panera steak and bleu cheese salad w/ apple. Not enough fooooood! I'm huuuuuungry!

S- dark chocolate- I knew it wouldn't be enough, particularly since I really should have started my day with breakfast but didn't feel like walking down to the grill. Ok, mostly I didn't feel like seeing the grill guy. This is exactly why I was hesitatant about going on that date with him. It interferes with my food. That's not cool.

I'll be swinging by a credit union to open a savings account- crap, and I need to pick up some paper for notes for class tomorrow. Then home, more eggs with lotsa butter and bed at a reasonable time. Even though I'm not sleeping well. I really do like my futon on the floor- particularly how much I can sprawl, which I can't do on their guest bed.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
      Maybe when I'm 50 and driving my Porsche with the top down...
      I dearly want my hair to go white so I can dye it and do something like that. It's not going to, probably, but I can dream. Hmm- wonder how iron gray with a purple wash would work? Possible . . . possible

Anne McCaffrey and Mercedes Lackey were my entry-way drugs into fantasy. My sister was my dealer. Damn her and her well-stocked bookshelves

Gadsie . . . has issues. One of them being that he's a bored/needy 14-year-old boy. I like boys. Ages 7-12ish (cutoff is the discovery of girls) and from 20ish on. He's in the "stuff in a barrel and leave in the basement" age. Talk to me about bugs and frogs or guns and cars and I'm good. OMG how do I gain muscle and how much am I supposed to be eating?!?!? and, well, shut it. (I mean, unless there's a legit reason past nurturing a budding eating disorder)
      http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

• Gotcha! I just cut off a needy messed up teen from my daughter's texting. She thinks she can be a good influence and maybe she can, but it's not her job! This kid has parents and lives in another state and they most likely will never meet. Focus on those around you- treat them well and help your own community. It's sad but so many kids are lost and reaching out to the internet to find "some one who cares".

Sorry about your grill dude - just see him and get it over with! I'm getting to the point where life's too short to hide behind fear and excuses! Also, purple makes everything better!

Comment

• I'm really bummed. I had a really prominent white streak naturally ( thanks to Grandma) and being primal has minimized it. So many dark hairs growing back in that it really isn't even a streak any more.

i don't know if this will help you or not but I was in the same boat with my weight going back up and realized I wasn't eating very much protein. The last few days I upped the protein (scrambled eggs) and the weight is coming back down.

You are a cool person. Don't give up on yourself.
          Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Remember these four things.

Positive mental attitude.
            Believe in yourself.
            Like who you are.
            Never say quit.
            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
              Hey, I'm sorry to bring this up in your journal, but if this Gadsie kid posts one more thing I'm going to scream. I feel for him, he's got a problem, but quit Brett Favreing us and go get help.
              Wait, are you just radomly bringing me up in this thread? Am I that famous?
              well then

Comment

• Indeed, infamous even.
                If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                  Indeed, infamous even.
                  That's like more than famous! I may have to start referring to him as "El Guapo"

As for white streaks in hair...yeah, at least you have hair. I have a white streak which continues to get bigger; it's called my forehead.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                    As for white streaks in hair...yeah, at least you have hair. I have a white streak which continues to get bigger; it's called my forehead.
                    That just means that you're increasingly high-brow.

My goodness y'all have been busy in here! I'm sorry about your white streak, Honeybuns I guess you're too healthy, now? Mud Flinger- I've run into a few young adults online that I've had to cut off since I'm not interested in a ramora. I have enough trouble standing on my own two feet, I have no need to hold up someone that I don't know past some pixilated words.

Speaking of infamous- here's a random tidbit for y'all. America's first pirate was named Dixie Bull. No, really.

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                      That just means that you're increasingly high-brow.
                      Gotta share this one w/ my hubby!

Dixie Bull... I'm sure we can twist this into something really funny/amuzing!

Comment

My goodness y'all have been busy in here!
                        Yeah, invite (not really) us in and we make ourselves at home...although I feel like the person that invited the vampire in the house (speaking of the one whose name shall not be mentioned).

Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                        Speaking of infamous- here's a random tidbit for y'all. America's first pirate was named Dixie Bull. No, really.
                        That's awesome, see the internet can be a place of learning, right? I'll have to investigate this pirate further, my mom's name is Dixie...is that maybe just a little too southern? Nah, perfectly normal.

Comment

• You will be blamed for that if it gets out of hand. However, I'll still give you a start on Dixie's career Dixie Bull. He was in Maine. Not southern at all I mean, aside from the fact that New England is "down east."

Mud Flinger- did you guys get the rain last night into this morning? I heard there was snow in Monument. Where I started a garden on Thursday. Good thing it's all cool-weather veggies and they're still seeds. The rain is great- and may have been caused by everyone watering their beds at the opening of the community garden yesterday- but man it made rolling out of bed difficult.

Comment

• Gadsie = Prince Herbert in Python's Holy Grail?

E. Gadsie!

Comment

You will be blamed for that if it gets out of hand.

Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                              However, I'll still give you a start on Dixie's career Dixie Bull. He was in Maine. Not southern at all I mean, aside from the fact that New England is "down east."
                              Buzzkill, not even going to look into now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                                Gadsie = Prince Herbert in Python's Holy Grail?
                                *Sigh* I'm slipping, why didn't I see that?

Comment

Working...
                                X