No announcement yet.

Going Wild (Drssgchic)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I WANT TO BE CHEERFULLY BLOODTHIRSTY!!!! It's that time of the month and I'm tired of being tired and cranky and whiny. But no- this isn't hormones, this is depression. And a deep, abiding hatred of stupidity despite repeated exposure to it in an attempt to alleviate this aberration in my personality. (Read- customer service) I'm tired. I had a great class last night- I'm meeting awesome people and the teacher is a trip. Creating a business is looking POSSIBLE- and I just want to collapse and pass out because I can't think of a better response at this time. I'm broke, I'm in debt, my health insurance sucks (I wasn't quite right before- I only have to come up with $1200 before they start kicking in some- then I cap out at $4k- you know, because they pay us enough to just have that kind of money laying around.) I miss my boys and I don't know how to aquire new ones- although I might have a line on one. I'm sure I'd feel better if I made myself Whole 30 but I DONT WANT TO. Because I'm whiny and wimpy and winter hates me

Ok- enough about that. You know- being an introvert sucks. This entire world is set up for extroverts. Why- because they do the social thing so they can shape society. And being shy too? Shit- I'm screwed. But I'm going to be playing with horses tonight which doesn't require me to have any extroverted skills- then I'll be asking if they have any nice and rotted shit that I can cart off for one of my gardens. Then tomorrow I have a class on making yards pet-friendly that I'm taking because I have two potential showcase gardens that include dogs. For one of them the dogs are "really bad" to the point that I'm wondering if I should add a dog trainer to my people I can refer others to since fences only work so well if the dog is really determined . . .
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• forget the wine, this looks like a job for everclear
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

• I've never had that. I need to try it. I mean- I would really like to have a life in which I don't need to remove myself from reality- but reality sucks. I am a big fan of Rumplemintz. At the moment my apartment is dry (very sad face- how did this happen?! I mean, aside from having a rough weekend . . .) and I'm torn between restocking and just accepting that I'm flirting with becoming an alchaholic at this time of year or forcing myself to behave due to lack of substances to use. It's a conundrum.

And- damnit Universe- you're mean! I mean- I just get comfortable with the idea that sometimes I really do actually need a hug then you ship me 1,600 miles away from my best hugger! (yes, I'm picky. If you're going to be in my personal space- make it worth it, damnit!) And I'm not one of those people that can just find a new hugging buddy. See the introvert issue above. I need to call the nice lady that I think wants me to hook up with her son so I can get his number. I need more men in my life. Specifically, intellegent ones.
        http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

• Everclear is pretty disgusting haha. Boyfriend took shots of it at a party when his tolerance was higher...it was pretty effective. And absolutely disgusting in the punch.
          Depression Lies

Comment

• That's why I'm a fan of rumplemintz. Effective and yummy whether it's mixed or a shot.

Comment

• everclear is a touchy wench. too much in the mix and you're wasted with a nasty mouth in one gulp. i'm usually reeeeeal good with a capful in a glass of juice

of course i haven't had any in over a year. i am a teetotaller against my will i think
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

• Aah- so it's good if you're on a budget . . .

Today I started a new station. Da Vinci Code. It includes Wierd Al, Barenaked Ladies, Flight of the Conchords, Spamalot. And I've been sitting here laughing silently for a couple of hours now. It's a good thing.

So, I lied to y'all. I'm not going to lift today. I don't like lifting when I'm wearing a diaper. But I will be getting back to it next week for sure. I have no idea what they thought about my riding test yesterday- which is a little annoying. On the one hand, I didn't fall off and I had the test memorized. On the other, I know I was looking a bit sloppy because I'm out of shape and the mare had a big trot. We also broke our gait a little early once because, well, we had 5 minutes to get to know each other before we rode the test and I was still working on figuring out her brakes. They were really good when I was asking like I should. So, like, how hard is it to say "Pass or fail"? I mean, I'd even take "pass if you get fit." Gah.

In other news- 212# today. Only 5.5# to go to reach my pre-Primal weight! Whee!

Comment

• Ok, I've been a whiny baby lately and ignoring good sense. However- I'm back. For today at least. The plan is to stuff my face silly with primal foods. Three meals, snacks as needed- food all the time. That way I won't do what I did yesterday and stick peeps in my grocery cart with the squashes and broccoli to devour on the way home. I hadn't eaten since breakfast and it was 4ish- but I would have been better served to stick it out and eat real food at home. Breakfast this morning is spaghetti and meatballs! Spaghetti squash that is. Lunch will be butternut squash soup with sausage. Dinner is in the car on the way to class, so it's cold steak slices (I really need to sharpen my knife before I make that again) with raw broccoli and cheese chunks. I also brought in a little bottle of cream so I can have my tea with cream during the day too. It's time to get back on the wagon.

I did pass the riding test. I got an off-hand "Of course you passed" when we talked about it. Ok, if I were a normal person I'd've known that- but I'm not normal so I was focusing on the fact that we broke gait and my legs were all over the place because I'm weak and . . . and . . . But she seemed pleased enough. Their horses have weight limits, so there are two that I can ride- Ally that is awesome and Levi that is just gorgeous. However, having a man-sized ass means that I will be working with the horses that they are using for the soldiers. They have high hopes for Levi. I'm not sure he'll have an upper weight limit . . . It looks like I'll be riding one day a week and then ground-driving another day- since I can do that with any size horse. That's two days of moving slowly at the very least. I don't have time to lift today, but my clothes are in my car to lift at lunch tomorrow. I'm ready to get back on the horse. Literally and figurativly.

Comment

• Um, I think I've been a whiny bitchy brat (at least in part) because I've been hungry. I ate all three meals yesterday and polished off my fancy cheese since it needed eatin' and I was still slightly peckish. I was hungry again for breakfast today. The meal plan is the same for today, only lunch will be a little later, since I lifted during my lunch hour. I'm off plan but I still don't get that "oh my god I'm going to chew my arm off" hunger- so it's easy to set aside. Particularly since I'm gaining weight and all but immobile so it's not like I neeeeed the calories from breakfast, right? Gah.

Power Clean
                    Bar- 5R, 1 set- warmup
                    Bar + 20#, 5R, 5 sets

Squat Press
                    Bar- 5R, 5 sets

Deadlift
                    Bar+ 70#, 8R, 4 sets

I dropped the power clean and the squat press each by 5# since according to my book I haven't lifted in almost two months and I really needed a success. I got it- I got in all three of the exercises- it had been just two before I quit altogether, and I only whined and pouted over the last deadlift set. For some reason my right hand gets pinched when it's over the bar instead of under- but I have to switch back and fourth to make sure I'm developing my grip about evenly. I'm not super amped like I have been in the past, but I'm also tired. I am glad I did it.

Comment

• Ok, there were some food deviations yesterday. There were three squares of Hershey Cookies and Cream chocolate (I thought my afternoon break was earlier than it was, so I was hungry) and I left my dinner here so I stopped at Whole Foods for some sliced turkey and cheese. I was looking for a little bottle of the Perrier Citron- love that stuff- but they didn't have any. So I got a (real sugar) soda. Still, though, not terrible overall. And I do ache a bit from lifting- which is good.

The plan today is more spaghetti and meatballs (I really need to get better at keeping a variety in my freezer) followed by sweet-potato Irish stew and dinner will be the dinner it should have been yesterday.

My badge is cracked beyond use now and I'm overdue for my five-year picture. Naturally the day I can't put it off any more I'm stretching out my hair washing and I'm pimply from deviations over the weekend. Oh well, it's an ID picture. It wasn't going to go well anyway. I think I need to stop in a mirror and put on some of my dark purple eye-liner on the way down. A modest line, but it'll be there . . .

Oh! I just started a botany class and one of the ladies in it had her hair twisted up in a clip. It was a nice, natural gray- except that the bottom was vivid pink! It was awesome! See- that's why I want gray hair- I won't have to bleach it before I dye it. I love all the long, gray hair out here. Like- you can be female AND have some age on you and it's not only ok, it's beautiful! Holy crap! (given my mother and grandmother- I'm going to have to wait a looooong time to get enough gray for this to work. Oh well)

Comment

• Ooo if I get my mom's hair, I'll have a really lovely silvery-white that starts in the front and works it's way in evenly through the rest. That would be great for dyeing Boyfriend thinks I should dye my hair that color now because he thinks it looks cool hehe.
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• Ugh- I hate you! Not fair! I love that look- or just a single silver streak. Is it even possible to dye hair silver? I got Mom's hair- and she got Grandma's. Mom's has silver threads at, ah, late 50s? I have no idea how old my parents are. Grandma still has a dark patch at the base of her skull- paler in front then getting darker- at about 80. Dad, on the other hand, is just a little older than Mom and almost all white, with his beard lagging a bit. If only . . .

Oh- I forgot about the corn tortillas with butter (and just a touch of honey) and chocolate chips when I got home last night. The tortillas need to be polished off- and at least they aren't wheat. Ok, so it wasn't a great day, but it could have been worse. I did avoid the breads and cinnamon rolls that were brought in for breakfast.

Comment

• Bleaching to ridiculously pale blonde and then using different tones can get you to a silvery look. The toner depends on what color you get after the bleaching, and if you haven't destroyed your hair. I did it almost, by accident, when I fried my hair with 40vol bleach in too long.

My hair felt spongy when wet, brittle when dry, and was losing color every time I wet it because it became so porous. It was an orangey-red to start with. My hair gets very yellow when I bleach it, so I'm not sure I'd be able to get light enough to use toner and make it look white or silvery. I might bleach sometime this Spring as a base for other colors anyway though. Waiting for my hair to get a little longer first.

Looking back, it was kind of a cool look, and I was able to save it with a keratin conditioner and then dyeing pink (the color took really well and helped to rebuild my hair I think), but I would not want to leave it like that! That particular shade of pink (after bleaching) did not look good on em.

Honey on tortilla chips? That sounds...weird...but maybe good. Sweet & salty.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• Not tortilla chips- soft tortillas. It was unsalted butter (I need to go shopping) so it needed . . . something. It was like eating honey on buttered bread- only without the wheat.

That's about the shade of her hair. If I was a pink person, it might go on my "to try" list. I wonder if you could bleach the hell out of your hair and then pick up blueing like the little old ladies use to take the yellow out of their hair. Hmm . . . At this point, I think my hair is so healthy that I'd have to put some real effort into frying it. And if all else goes wrong, it's just a little patch behind my ear. I can always lop it off and wear my hair down for a while

Comment

• Yeah blue works well to cancel out yellow tones. I had a purpley toner I tried once, but I don't think it did anything.

Another photo for your amusement, after a bleach kit from the drug store, before the orangey-red before the death-job.

The most blonde it's ever been, I think. It was dry after, but not fried. I wonder if a toner on top of that shade would work to make it more platinum for me. Damn your healthy hair, wish I could help kill it effectively! =P
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X