Going Wild (Drssgchic)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yum- that sounds really good

Let's see . . . yesterday there were eggs, some green juice, some veggies while I was cutting them up . . . oh- breakfast was a bacon quesadilla and coffee. Breakfast at a coffee shop is a bit limited, particularly if one wants meats. Nothing physical, but I did write about 1000 words.

Today has been yogurt and granola, a burger, fries, and a coke from Carl's Jr (sans bun), and I'm currently having bologna rolls with cheese puffs and sierra mist. At least the day started well? I went to yoga, and it went well. I'm definitely getting stronger- though I'm still too heavy to do down dog. (I know- dinner isn't helping.)

I think I'm actually topped up on serotonin. Haven't taken 5-HTP in a few days, and I feel fine. Sweet.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Glad to hear you are getting stronger and the day you can do down dog will be that much sweeter! Carl's jr is about the only fast food place we go to. I always get the low carb burger warped in lettuce. I researched a few years ago and they were about he best place in terms of real food without funky fats and additives. I've heard that smash burger is good too but there sent one near me and I'm not likely to go out of my way for it when I ave freezers full of grass fed yumminess.

Comment

• I remember hearing somewhere that they were the good ones. And after eating there- when I tried McDonalds I was so disappointed! I have a Smash Burger near me. Might have to give them a try. Although I really should be working on prepping food to take with me rather than finding places to eat out

Slept in again. It's overcast and I just plain old don't want to get out of bed. Once I did, I got in my work, then went to the cafe and got up a blog post and about 1,000 words, so it was a pretty productive day. Had a five-cheese omelet with bacon, hashbrowns, fruit, and tea with half and half for breakfast, and a cup of "cheeseburger soup" with coffee and half and half for lunch. If I'm going to be drinking coffee, though, I really need to get back to mixing up coconut crack creamer. According to my tummy, I can have coffee, or I can have half and half. I can't have both. No exercise. I need to find my CC book and start that again, since it's a gentler build-up on my joints than going right to weight lifting.

Horses were cancelled on Tuesday due to rain, and tomorrow since it didn't dry out and they're getting more rain tonight. Sadly, their insurance won't let them have volunteers in the barn unsupervised, so if they don't want to be outside, I can't go. Stupid insurance. (I can't blame them for not wanting to be outside in crappy weather, as they're in their 60s.)
        http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

• On eating out: it helped me stay on course w/ homemade meals by knowing where I could go if I was out. I like knowing I have a safety net, in a sense, and that if I do want to swan dive off the wagon, there's somewhere I can eat with minimal damage. Getting a plate of food (basically the bowels of a burrito) at a local taqueria is my favorite, as their meats are delicious, and I can swap rice & beans for more veggies.
          Depression Lies

Comment

• I've never been that big on Mexican food- not much for spice- but that does sound like a good idea, Wonder.

Food has been crap. Sleep has been worse. No horses due to the weather- and I'm just waiting for confirmation that they're cancelled tomorrow, too. Damn monsoons.

But- I got a decent amount of sleep last night, and I'm up at an almost decent hour today, so today we're starting again.

(This just in- it looks like horses are on. Sweet!)

Comment

• Theanine Serene worked really well for me as a sleep aid for a little while over the summer when I randomly needed it. It's a Source Naturals supplement (dunno if you're familiar with the brand) w/ amino acids and some vitamins. I might be getting some soon as I haven't been sleeping well lately.
              Depression Lies

Comment

• That might be worth a try- thanks! Sadly, the melatonin was just making me cranky.

Comment

• Soooo . . . so much for posting daily. Eh, well.

However- ladies- met a cowboy today. He looks like Dean Winchester. No lie.

The locals can meet him, too, since he's the one running Colorado Sustainable Farms (Married, with children, but there's no harm in looking!) Shortly, here, I'll be ordering my hunk-a cow from the hunky cowboy

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                    Shortly, here, I'll be ordering my hunk-a cow from the hunky cowboy
                    Euphemism?

Good to see you around.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                      Euphemism?

Good to see you around.
                      Why whatever could you mean? 08)

Good to be around. I need to do this more often

Guess you couldn't stay away yourself after your whole 30?

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                        Why whatever could you mean? 08)

Good to be around. I need to do this more often

Guess you couldn't stay away yourself after your whole 30?

Nah, I actually like you all; unlike most people you don't make me want to smack you around.

Comment

• What a bonus! Love the cutie vendors!

Comment

• And- hottie mchottness doesn't eat grains. So- smart, too

Actually, I think part of the reason I want a farm-raised boy is because they were generally well fed as kids, so they are actually put together, you know, right. And he wasn't one of those over-fed farm boys either. *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

Aghm.

So- they are finally finishing with the downstairs today, so I can go back to, like, using the kitchen and stuff. Thank god. That only took, you know, forever. I ordered my hunk of cow this morning, and last night turned the last of the tomatoes into soup base. I need more canning jars, now. Within the next day or two, I'll get my chuck roast out of the freezer and get it in the crock pot so I can have some frozen dinners. I really need to stop eating out. I can't afford it.

Oh- apparently liver is pretty good if it's sliced and cooked like stir-fry. I'll have to give that one a try.

Comment

• Good luck with that liver! I can't stand the stuff and have decided to just stop trying! Eating out s a killer. Usually semi crap food at premium prices! I still have so much meat in the freezers that I think I'll be set for the year! Enjoy your cow. Where are you ordering from?

Comment

• I have no idea how long my cow will last, but I suspect it'll be quite a while. *fingers crossed* on the liver. Sadly, he wouldn't grind it into my hamburger.

It's from here: Colorado Sustainable Farms

Eating out really is a let-down now, isn't it? Dang you Mark Sisson! *shakes fist*

Comment

Working...
                                X