Going Wild (Drssgchic)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My standard answer to "Be good" is "At what?"
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• I tell me kids "Do good."

Comment

• All excellent comebacks. I'm taking notes

Yesterday-
        - crappy coffee and jerky
        - BAS w/tuna and cheese
        - chocolate chocolate chip ice cream (Calorically, that was my third meal)

I ended up throwing something of a hissy fit at the barn because the trainer was not letting me do things differently and apparently I was in a fragile flower kinda mood. I was in a shitty mood for the rest of the day.

Today-

- Jerky, iced coffee with half and half (although I have my suspicions it wasn't)
        - granola and greek yogurt because it makes my tummy happy

In other news: I DON'T WANT TO SPOT- I WANT TO BLEED LIKE A F**KING STUCK PIG! IS THAT SO DIFFICULT?! I was so excited that there was blood after yoga this morning. I could bleed and then move forward. But noooooo, it couldn't keep bleeding. Of course not. That would have been helpful.

Oh yeah- 261#
        Last edited by drssgchic; 08-28-2013, 04:27 PM.
        http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• {{{{hugs}}}}

I would love to tell you all the stories about all the ways that I hate my silly, ridiculous, weak, completely unnecessary and useless freaking uterus... but it would take all night.

So let's just say I feel ya. =/
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Sorry your body is being a bit of a jerk, but it does explain the hissy fit at the barn! Just do you best to eat well and then act naughty if you must.

Comment

• The worst part is that I can't say "Oh, it's the 15th- I'm going to be unreasonable." Is it hormones, is it depression, is it just an off day?

I love being female.

Most of the time.
              http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

• I'm sure this has been brought up before, but have you had your hormone levels tested?
                Depression Lies

Comment

• I have not- but given the beard I grow, I think it's safe to say they aren't right. I was finally going to do it . . . and then my job changed our insurance so that, basically, unless you had a severe injury or a severe/chronic illness, everything would be out of pocket. It was an "improvement." And now I don't have insurance. Actually- I guess you would be the one that knows- how expensive/difficult is it to get them tested on your own?

In fact- one of the irritations of my missing period is that I want to go to Planned Parenthood for a once-over, since that should happen, uh, every few years. Thank goodness they accept walkins, because I might just give up on my body functioning right and do it anyway.

Yesterday-

- 4% cottage cheese (It's a good thing I'm just going for Primal-ish)

Today-

- 1/2 a terrible Greek Yogurt granola bar, coffee w/"creamer" and beef jerky
                  - soda with real sugar

Better day at the barn. I'm going back to doing things the way they've set me to do them because, honestly, starting green horses has never been a strength of mine, so I'm really not sure why I thought I should stick an oar in on that one. Both of my boys did well, and we talked about how the older one may well be able to move past a decade and a half of neglect to actually become a functioning citizen. Not all middle-aged horses can do that, so we're proud of him.

Comment

• The Great Plains Laboratory, Inc.
                    You can get the tests mailed to you for free, but I think you still have to have a doctor sign off on it. The FAQ has info on it. I've only ever done it through insurance, but it still costs a poop load (for me).
                    Price List

Seems like, however evil it may be, some kind of hormonal influence might be helpful for you right now. Whether through birth control or supplements. Conferring with the people at PP about what in particular might be too high or too low based on your symptoms can at least give you an idea of where to start.
                    Depression Lies

Comment

• I think the PP idea is a great place to start. They can rule out most of the nasty reasons you might be having problems and may even help you sort out some of the " fine tuning" issues. Maybe the doc there would be willing to sign off for testing if that needs to be done since you are the one who will be paying for it.

Comment

• Eek- that is pricy. But it might be worth it if I can figure this out. I'll talk to PP (if I ever get there) and see what they think. Thanks!

Dinner- 1/2# burger, kale

Just two meals today. I kinda slept through when I should be eating the middle one.

Comment

• Friday-
                          - granola and yogurt
                          - mocha from Starbucks (calorically, it's a meal)
                          - Salad w/ chicken and bacon

Saturday-
                          - granola and yogurt
                          - mocha from Kangaroo Coffee- yum! fruit and veggies
                          - Chipolte- rice, steak, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream

Today-
                          - granola and yogurt

Not much overt activity the last couple of days, but I've been pretty social with a decent amount of time on my feet. I slept in pretty hard core today, but I've been having late nights, so . . . it works. Also, it's raining.

I need to have more meat today. Probably the other 1/2# of burger.

Also- the squeeky wheel does get the grease. My tomatoes are ripening a bit faster, and my period finally showed up. It usually shows up with some sort of stomach upset, and since my digestion has been shit lately, it decided to manifest in mad gas. Fun.
                          Last edited by drssgchic; 09-01-2013, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• My tomatoes are ripening quickly now too. Unfortunately, most of them are hail damaged. I've been savaging what I can and making tomato sauce with squash. My son who does not eat much vege has been gobbling it up with meat and rice pasta, so I will take that as a win!

Glad you "clock" finally reset and hope you will be feeling much better soon!

Comment

• You might like Mom's solution to storing tomatoes (and, I'm sure, ugly tomatoes). According to her, it's suuuuper difficult. (That's sarcasm. The last person I told this recipe to proceeded to ask why she thought it was difficult.)

half a food-processor of tomato chunks, a handful of parsley, a handful of basil, whizzed together until the desired consistency is reached. Bag and freeze for soup base in the winter. Mom likes to pour each little batch into a big pot before she bags it up so that there's more consistency across the lot.

It's been a rough week. I called out for the barn on Tuesday, and probably shouldn't have gone to dance, either. I got shitfaced that night, and felt better on Wednesday despite the hangover. Anybody know why that works? It's like a reset button.

Cori- I'm afraid to report I think you're being a good influence. Sad, but true I sent Mom an e-mail that I think I'm going to take her up on her offer to pay for therapy. I haven't heard back from her, but I'm sure it's still on the table. Now to find one. My concern is that if things are bad enough to keep me from the barn in September, February is going to be a fucking disaster that I need to start prepping for now.

Food has been weak to mediocre, but today did have three meals- jerky and coffee, burger at Red Robin (no more freckled tea for me- I need to remember that HFCS makes me feel sick), plain burger at home. Played with horses this morning. Sadly, I think Teddy has a long way to go, yet. We took him to the horse agility and he pretty much shut down. The monster mini, though, was a champ. Well, aside from not wanting to get his feet wet. I think he weirded out one of the llamas

After the horses, I bought a chest freezer and a shelving unit for all that little shit that just never seems to have a home. It was a reasonably productive day, I think.

Comment

• I cook the tomatoes down into pasta sauce with onion, olive oil, zucchinni and spices. Sometimes I add meat at this point to make a meal from it and then freeze the rest. Today I jarred a quart and then added cream and made soup of the rest. I thought grilled cheese sandwiches with the soup would be a big treat and had hubby buy a loaf of bread while he was out. My son and daughter love bread and never having it in the house always means that there will be a fight when it arrives. Such stupidity always around it, I've just got to laugh!

Comment

Working...
                                X