Going Wild (Drssgchic)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, ok. I guess if you're making that much, about 3.5# would still get cold
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Well, I ran out of day, and the only meat that's ready is a little turkey I pulled off the neck and back I bought to make stock. Eh, well. I'll just be careful about what else I pick up. No more smoked sausage biscuits for me.

- BAS with tuna and cheese, strawberry banana Bolthouse Farms drink

I'm still hungry, so I'm thinking a fruit before bed. I forgot what I picked up already

I'm working on broth. I forgot to pick up an onion, too, but I think it'll be fine without it. If not- I'll suffer through somehow.
      Last edited by drssgchic; 08-15-2013, 04:00 PM.
      http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
        When I cook 5 pounds at once in the oven?
        holy smokes... your house must smell fabulous!

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
          holy smokes... your house must smell fabulous!
          Yes, yes, it does.
          Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• So . . . if you don't have that odd bone that just won't fit so the cover is tilted up . . . does your broth not simmer down much? I woke up this morning and the crock pot was still full. Too full to add the veggies. So I left it until this evening and . . . still full. It's hot and bubbling, and it did cook off a tiny bit when I tilted the cover, but . . . weird. On the other hand, since I didn't add the veggies until this evening, it'll get 36 hours of cooking instead of 24

- apple before bed

Today-

- two breakfast sausages and a coffee with fake creamer from a convenience store
            - BAS with tuna and cheese
            - coffee with creamer, smoothie- apparently 100% fruit

3.5-ish hours horse time. The boys are doing so well! I think the older one that I'm getting used to a saddle will probably be ridden fairly soon, but the little mustang . . . he's going to take some time to mature. Soooper cute, though, and very sweet.

The monster mini Archie is suddenly a lot friendlier toward people. It may have something to do with living with two full-sized former studs that have no problem telling him that he's not the big man in that herd. It's very good for him

Comment

• I never try to simmer my broth down, so I can't really say. I usually cook veg & bones the whole time, for about 24 hrs.
              Depression Lies

Comment

• -dried peach slices before bed

Today
                - dried peach slices
                - cheese and turkey bits
                - nectarine and greek yogurt

I was supposed to go hiking today, but I woke up feeling like each limb weighed 100#, so I called it off. I've been a total bum today, sleeping and watching tv (and finishing up making the broth), but I've been so functional lately, that I think I really needed a non-functional day.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                  I never try to simmer my broth down, so I can't really say. I usually cook veg & bones the whole time, for about 24 hrs.
                  I don't try to cook it down, I think this is just the first time I've not had a bone that didn't quite fit so it canted the lid up which makes it cook down.

It doesn't look like it's going to be jello, but it's thicker than water, so we're good. Next time- more bones

Comment

• Oh- just in case anyone was confused, I do know that being "so functional lately" is a very, very relative term

- flavored Vodka before bed

Today
                    - Yoga, 1 hr- my brain wouldn't shut up, but it didn't go badly. 264#- it was without breakfast, but that only counts for, like, 2#. That's one thing I like about Primal. That first week usually gets a good dip to start off. After that it'll be a slog, but at least you get a small reward immediately.
                    - Ham and cheese omelette with ranch potatoes and fruit, unsweetened iced tea
                    - coffee w/half and half

Comment

• small rewards are nice. I'm all about rewards no matter how small they may be. As for the slog, eh, you are strong like bull and can handle it.

Comment

• Strong like bull, dumb like ox? Wait, that's a farmwife. It ends with "Hitch to plow when horse dies." Which is the level of strength I'm aiming for

One day at a time, I suppose. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                          Strong like bull, dumb like ox? Wait, that's a farmwife. It ends with "Hitch to plow when horse dies." Which is the level of strength I'm aiming for

One day at a time, I suppose. So far, so good.
                          In Latvia have no plow or potato. Only rock. Wife die malnorish. World is dark. And sad. But no more hunger so is good.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                            In Latvia have no plow or potato. Only rock. Wife die malnorish. World is dark. And sad. But no more hunger so is good.
                            Lmao- that's awesome

Comment

• I'm at the cafe and they have a sign up- Chocolate is a vegetable . . . it comes from beans. First of all, beans aren't veggies. Second of all- that makes it a legume! Nooooooooo! Thank goodness for the 80/20. Which means that one out of five meals could be chocolate. This works for me.

Comment

• Well, coffee and chocolate both come from beans. Neither is a vegetable. They are both a way of life.

Comment

Working...
                                X