No announcement yet.

Going Wild (Drssgchic)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay for hugs! I need to check out Marks recipe- it sounds good. How was your movie?

Still trying to catch the fox here. We heard the dog chase it off again last night. The adult red foxes are hard to catch. Then we need to figure out what to do with it once we do catch it. Relocation takes a permit.

Comment

• Henry Cavill makes a super hot Superman

The friends that I was supposed to meet for fireworks didn't get to the park until after dark and then determined they were "unimpressed" with the fireworks so they left to go drinking. Their loss. Between the music and the fireworks, I thought it was a great show

Did you know that even if a child has all the physical nourishment they need, they can still wither and die if they don't have enough physical contact? The things you learn at church. But- I was wondering if my lack of physical contact is part of why I'm not healing like I should. I didn't have a lot before I moved, but I had more than I have now. Hmm. (Canio- maybe you can even charge therapist prices for your hugs-for-sale business )
      http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• This is so true about the physical contact! Maybe you can make a business out of hugs for sale at a farmer's market

Comment

• Me? Ye gods, no. Someone hugging me is usually more stressful than not. That's one of the reasons I like the friend I just saw. He's one of the few that is actually de-stressing to hug.

I've been trying to talk Canio into it for ages. There really is a market for it!
          http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

• I am so the same way with physical contact! Massages by strangers? No way! I would need to get drunk to entertain such notions! Even then ugggg!

Comment

• I could probably handle a massage by a professional, but that's because they're a professional. It's like being handled by my physical therapist. It's very impersonal. But the lady that runs the horse rescue likes to hug. She's a lovely lady, and she is happy to have me help out, but there's always a bit of an internal cringe before I accept her hugs. At least the cringe is only internal, these days.

Oh dear. We've got a gully-washer coming down at the moment. I bet Manitou is going to get flooded again.

Comment

• I wish we would get more than a sprinkle! I just put revive on the lawn tonight in hopes that it won't look so pathetic! Water is so expensive! We are saving for a plug in hybrid car and I refuse to get a loan so everything is suffering this summer!

Hope Manitou gets a pass this time!

Comment

• For the ladies- pretty boys being silly: Funny Deleted Scenes from Spartacus - In The Pit - Roaches and Mud - Andy Whitfield - YouTube (there are cockroaches)

Apparently Manitou floods regularly. That makes me feel better. I think it's safe to assume that any non-flood-worthy structures have probably floated away by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                    Apparently Manitou floods regularly. That makes me feel better. I think it's safe to assume that any non-flood-worthy structures have probably floated away by now.
                    Except that the silly peoples keep rebuilding in a known flood zone!

Gonna be a hot one today so be cool chicky!

Comment

• How's the DE going? How's things?
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• The DE, aghm, goes. I'm not taking it regularly, because I don't like taking it when I'm out of the house. I think my digestion is funky anyway, but, wow.

Things are . . . busy, actually. Just FYI- weeding for 8 hours and then going for a hike in the mountains the next day? Not my brightest moment Yoga on Saturday is going to feel GREAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
                          Except that the silly peoples keep rebuilding in a known flood zone!

Gonna be a hot one today so be cool chicky!
                          Kinda like New Orleans?

Comment

• Have you noticed your nails getting stronger or growing faster? I have heard that DE can do this.

You must be a weeding machine! I do only about 15 min/ day. Hubby is going to war with weeds and clover in the lawn and weeds for hours on the weekend. I think he just likes the peace and solitude, cause nobody bugs you while you are weeding! Too risky that you might get roped in!

Comment

• Yes, that sounds like a ton of weeding. Any time you want to come and do my yard, let me know. I'll even cook for you

Comment

• My own gardens are in tough shape. I was getting paid to weed that garden! Although by about hour six it had turned into a vendetta. It will end! The garden will be pretty!

I have not noticed anything with my hair and nails, but I also don't think I'm taking enough of it/often enough. My digestion is picky enough, so when I know I'm going to be out hiking or weeding for hours, I try to avoid things that I know will set it off. Although- thanks for the reminder. I'm just going to be sitting in the back yard tanning today, so I should probably take some

Comment

Working...
                                X