No announcement yet.

Going Wild (Drssgchic)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just checked out your new stock show post. Great pics! Good luck with your juice fast. I've been leaning more toward the Eat Moar Fat thread lately. That with a Kruse style lepton reset protocol. We'll see!

Comment

• Glad you like! Not so many Clydesdales, but the Shires aren't bad, either

I probably should go the fat route, but that involves, like, cooking and eating. I did the super-protein-heavy breakfast a la Kruse for a while, and it did keep me full. Good luck yourself!
      http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Yesterday I took my son to the museum of nature and science. We spent the whole day there and I skipped lunch while he ate pizza and an ice cream sandwhich ( big treat day - he turned the big 5 he day before). I was pleased that he chose the uber- expensive mighty mango juice instead of soda. I was surprised that I was not hungry. It's weird how the body works. After losing 100 lbs, my body just stopped and then put 30-40lbs back on. I did not cheat or change what I was eating! I may move less, need to work on that more, but the weight used to just fall off!

What do you plan on juicing? Will you eat any protein or fat?

Comment

• Well, once you know what good food is, the soda just doesn't taste as good

The regaining really isn't fair, is it? Is there any chance you're not eating enough? At one point I did start gaining because I didn't understand the fat-adapted hunger signals and I was undereating. In any case, you're still at least 60# down, so it's still a win

I plan on doing mostly veggies and herbs with a little fruit. I want to do just that (plus my supplements and the occasional cup of coffee with cream) for as long as I can. We'll see how long that lasts I've already promised to attend a party and dinner around V-Day, so until then is sort of my goal. I may or may not re-start the fast on the other side, it depends on how it goes.
          http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

• Beware that if you eat a bunch if " real food" after a week or so of not, you will most likely get some sort of GI distress. Maybe start eating a little meat and fat a day or two prior to the party to avoid the worst of it. Plus the fact that the food may be the party variety that can upset any tummy.

And yes, I am grateful to be much healthier and smaller. I think about the weight almost every time I pick up a bag of chicken scratch (50lb).

Comment

• Gah- whoever suggested getting little X tattoos where you take your measurements was on to something. There's no way mid-thigh shrunk an inch when nothing else changed. No way at all. Garumph.

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                Gah- whoever suggested getting little X tattoos where you take your measurements was on to something. There's no way mid-thigh shrunk an inch when nothing else changed. No way at all. Garumph.
                Ohhh ... little lines of x's then you could be totes adorbs like Sally!
                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Is it possible that you lost some muscle mass? Thighs get quite a bit of workout when we are active. Do you do squats at all?

Comment

• Well, folks, it's safe to say that I will never, ever be a raw vegan. Day one of my juice fast and I've already had two coffees and I am having a serious craving for meat. (possibly in part because i'm hungry but I don't want to finish the juice I need to finish before I can move on to the better ones. It's kinda yucky.) I am nothing of not the poster child for self-control

Aaw, she is adorbs, Cori!

Mud Flinger- nah, I measured a week or two ago and nothing has changed. I just measured around the wrong lump. It was easier when my legs were smoother.

Comment

• Good about the leg muscle and as for the juicing, well, maybe you need to ease into it a bit?

Comment

• Eh, I just need better recipes. I don't like eating peppers, so I'm not sure why I thought I'd like it in juice. Also, I need to not go so long between eats The kale and carrot one seems promising.

Comment

• We used to love to make juices. Apple and lemon( with the rind on) make a great lemonade. Some of the juices you just hold your nose and choke down though

Comment

• The blog Shutterbean has some juice mixes listed. Maybe check those out for palatable options?
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• Ooh, some of those look like they have potential. Thanks!

Rind on? What I've seen says it's too astringent or something. Might have to give it a try.

So far, I liked the cabbage/carrot/lemon . . . I forgot what all else. When I tried the beet one last night I liked that, too, but it had a wierd gellish thing going on. We'll see if it's still going on today. Possibly from the stalks of the greens? So, yesterday it started with wanting hotdogs. Not healthy, so I suppressed it. By the evening, I was having seriously lustful thoughts about a steak that's been hanging out in the freezer. However, so far today, I'm doing fine. I also haven't had breakfast. Working on that shortly, but I wanted to take my temperature first. My lower back is pissy, which usually happens with a fever. I seem to be fine, though, so off to food!

Comment

• Ok, I think I'm starting to understand the whole "high" thing with juicing. I'm kinda wired right now, and the more of this juice I drink, the more wired I get. (sugar high? It does have two apples in it) But it's awesome, because I'm writing. 2000 plus words and still going. Woo hoo! I do need to be more on top of feeding myself regularly, because any calories I'm getting from it are carbs, so it does give me the "gnaw my arm off" hungeries. Over all, though, I am getting what I was hoping for. Energy and the desire to partake of food. Real food. Thus far, I'm calling it a success. And really looking forward to breaking the fast with a steak dinner

Comment

Working...
                                X