No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Magness)

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Primal Journal (Magness)

    Ok, I am highly known for starting things and not finishing them, but given that one of the two example threads Mark mentioned in the sticky started out the same way I'll give it a try.

    I'll come back at edit this space with bio info later.
    Last edited by Magness; 09-13-2011, 07:54 PM.

  • #2
    Morning: Woke up around 7:00a this morning, showered, and thought about breakfast. But I'd gotten up too late and so skipped it. Dropped my car off to be worked on (electrical issues with the lights) and went on out with Granddad to check fence. (I run cattle with my granddad) Didn't find anything down, but identified a half mile section we hadn't checked in a long while. (through a lot of brush and rough terrain)

    Afternoon: They needed more parts for the car so still no headlights. Got back to the house around 12:00p and ate lunch. Worked my cushy desk job (I work remote, part-time as a programmer and reports analyst) until 4:30p then loaded up and drove out to a friends house for dinner and my weekly D&D game.

    Evening: Drove home with the high-beams (its only the low-beams that aren't working) and made it in without meeting too many folks on the road. It's past dark (9:00p) and therefore past my bed time, but I wanted to get this thing started. Going to bed a little hungry, but don't feel like cooking anything this late.

    B: Skipped, I get to call that IF, right?
    L: Chicken and Cauliflower Curry (Two chicken breasts and about half a head of cauliflower with lots of good spices.)
    D: Two hamburger patties and a sandwich sized zip-lock baggie full of frozen carrots and peas cooked with a half stick of butter.


    • #3
      Welcome. Sounds like you are off to a good start.
      Ancestral Health Info

      I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

      Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.


      • #4
        Morning: Woke to a fussy 1 year old at around 4:00am and slept fitfully from then until 7ish. Got up, showered, ate breakfast, headed out to check cattle with Granddad. Dropped off the car on the way in hopes they would get the lights working this time. Brought up most all the cattle in the pasture we checked and verified they had both grass and water. (its been a bad drought this year)

        Afternoon: Got home around 12:30p to discover that the town's water town had been shut down due to a water main break. (and people ask me why I keep bottled water in a closet even though I never drink it) Ate lunch and went to work on the computer. Got caught up on a lot of minor reporting stuff that had been building up.

        Evening: Had a long teleconference for my LARP group (Live Action Roleplaying with the International Fantasy Gaming Society - IFGS) and then remembered that I had started this journal and should probally go post something for day 2. Once again up way past my bedtime; so much for slepping well.

        Breakfast: Egg Scramble (7 eggs, a handful of bacon, half a large red onion, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and chipotle Tabasco.
        Lunch: Pot Roast with onions and garlic.
        Dinner: Left over pot roast.


        • #5
          @Hedonist Thanks. We'll see how long it lasts.


          • #6
            Oh, and something I forgot to mention on day 1, I started the Oklahoma Primal group. So far there are even two other members! Hopefully Oklahoma folks will start trickling in. I'd like to do up some get-togethers.


            • #7
              Morning: Woke up to an alarm at 7:00a (I generally dislike waking to alarms), got ready, and grabbed some on my way out the door. It had cooled down a good bit over night. Spent a couple of hours checking on cattle with Granddad, but nothing was amiss and so we went back to his house and I stared sorting through the mountain of papers. On the up side, he has kept every bit of paperwork from tax forms to junk mail for the last 15 years so everything is there. On the down side, its all in random drawers and piles.

              Afternoon: Came back home around noon, ate lunch, and logged into work.

              Evening: Beth, my wife, has choir practice on Wednesdays so we loaded up and drove to church (about 40 miles away). I had her drive while I continued to work on my laptop. I generally try to avoid this (car trips are good talk time), but I had stuff to get done. Got home around 9:00p, am writing this up, and then will be going to bed. Last night I didn't get to sleep until around 1:00am (couldn't sleep) and I'm really hoping I don't have a repeat.

              Breakfast: Chunk of cold Beef Roast (I'd guess a half pound)
              Lunch: Sausage Zucchini Bake (Pork sausage, zucchini, tomatoes, cheese)
              Dinner: Left over Sausage Zucchini Bake