Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jasmina's Primal Journal!

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Time to hold myself accountable and dive into this headfirst! I promise to myself that I will not self-sabotage my progress. No more excuses or rationalizations for realsies!

I will take measurements and pictures first thing in the morning tomorrow (9/13). I will continue to do so once every week. They WILL look better. I WILL improve. I will record everything I eat. I will record exercises and the details of the exercises that I do.

My goal is to have visible abs. My motto will be "Abs? EZ!" I will repeat that motto whenever I want to stray from being primal.

Alright, LET'S FSU!! (In a good way.)
    Abs? EZ! \_(ツ)_/

My lifting goals!
    Bench press 135 lbs.
    Do 4-5 pull-ups with body weight or do one with an extra 10-15 lbs hanging from my waist.
    Squat 225 lbs.
    Deadlift 225-230 lbs - Done! New goal: 315-320

Food Rules!
    1. Eat whole, natural foods ie. fish, eggs, vegetables, fruit.
    2. Target a 8hr eating window, 16 hrs fasting.
    3. 1600 calories MAX a day
    4. Minimum protein intake of 120g a day
    5. Love and nourish myself, not deprive and starve myself.

I wish you luck

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

Thanks Dude!
      Abs? EZ! \_(ツ)_/

My lifting goals!
      Bench press 135 lbs.
      Do 4-5 pull-ups with body weight or do one with an extra 10-15 lbs hanging from my waist.
      Squat 225 lbs.

Food Rules!

Comment

9/12/11
        9am: Half cup of black coffee
        11am: 5 1inx.25in pieces of green bean candy from Taiwan (colleague brought in 'cause her mom was visiting) [Treat 1 of 3]
        6pm: Salad! Lettuce, onion, tomato, jalapeno peppers, yellow bell peppers and one baked salmon steak. Olive oil and red wine vinegar dressing.

WOD: Rest/Move a lot slowly. I work in a lab so I'm pretty much on my feet all day.
        Last edited by jasmina; 09-14-2011, 08:41 AM.
        Abs? EZ! \_(ツ)_/

My lifting goals!
        Bench press 135 lbs.
        Squat 225 lbs.

Food Rules!

Comment

9/13/11 Measurements
          Weight: 135lbs
          Waist: 32.5in
          Hip: 27.5in
          Thigh: L:22in, R:22.25in
          Arm: L:10in, R: 10in

I've been eating very primally for 2 weeks now, with 3 treats per week. Last time I went to visit my parents, Sept. 4, I stepped on the home scale and weighed 139lb. I was actually surprised at my weight this morning! Of course, this could be due to variations between scales but you know, small victories.
          Abs? EZ! \_(ツ)_/

My lifting goals!
          Bench press 135 lbs.
          Squat 225 lbs.

Food Rules!

Comment

9/13/11
            12:30pm: Salad! Lettuce, onion, tomato, jalapeno peppers, and one baked salmon steak. Olive oil and red wine vinegar dressing.
            6:30pm: 30 Almonds
            8pm: Small baked salmon steak (Running out of food so need to ration! >_<) and mixed greens with olive oil and balsamic. Half cup of frozen berries and 2 tablespoons almond butter. Wanted to eat more almond butter but successfully resisted!

WOD: Fit test. Can't do a pullup!
            Pushup - 16
            Pullup - 0
            Jump Squat - 20
            Shoulder press - 15
            Plank - 45sec
            L Plank - 56sec
            R Plank - 51 sec

I wonder why side planks are easier for me than regular plank.
            Last edited by jasmina; 09-16-2011, 03:39 PM.
            Abs? EZ! \_(ツ)_/

My lifting goals!
            Bench press 135 lbs.
            Squat 225 lbs.

Food Rules!

Comment

9/14/11
              12pm: Spicy szechuan-style fish soup made by mommy. It's not strictly primal - I'm don't know what sauces my mom puts in there but the majority of it is fish. I had about 8 pieces of the fish. 1in cube of gouda from when I sampled while grocery shopping.
              6pm: Salad! Lettuce, onion, jalapeno peppers, and one baked salmon steak. Olive oil and red wine vinegar dressing.

WOD: 75 kettlebell swings with my makeshift kettlebell, which is an adjustable dumbbell with a 2.5lb weight on one side for me to hold and the rest of the weight on the other.
              - First 20 was done with 20lbs but was too light
              - Did rest of the 55 with 30lbs
              - Will up it to 40lbs next time.
              Abs? EZ! \_(ツ)_/

My lifting goals!
              Bench press 135 lbs.
              Squat 225 lbs.

Food Rules!

Comment

9/15/11
                8am: Half cup of black coffee
                1pm: Korean buffet for colleague's birthday! Foraged for lettuce, kimchi, kimchi daikon, green beans, shredded carrots, shredded cucumber, boiled spinach, bean sprouts, fried egg, and 7 fried yellow croakers or mackerals (don't remember which it was). Was quite stuffed at the end. The sauces and the fried fish could have been more primal but I tried my best.
                5pm: Treat [2 of 3] myself to 30 pistoles of Guittard unsweetened dark chocolate and 4 pieces of the ginger that came in Trader Joe’s Macadamias mix Gingerly with Cranberries & Almonds trail mix. Whenever I get trail mix I always pick the things I like to eat first. I think I ate all the macadamia nuts and ginger pieces in my bag already.

WOD: Rest/Move slowly. Taught a class after work so was standing for another 4 hours.
                Abs? EZ! \_(ツ)_/

My lifting goals!
                Bench press 135 lbs.
                Squat 225 lbs.

Food Rules!

Comment

9/16/11
                  8am: Half cup of black coffee
                  2pm: Baked salmon steak plus salad. Didn't eat much of the salad though because the arugula was too bitter so I ended up eating all of the tomatoes and the snap peas I put in it.
                  6pm: 25 almonds. 1 large avocado - ate half with soy sauce and the other half with coconut oil and sea salt. 2 zucchini with some salsa.
                  8:30pm: The rest of my salad with some new additions: mixed greens, tomato, red onion, garlic, ginger, snap peas, zucchini, capers, and 4 large sardines from a can. Olive oil and balsamic dressing. 1 tablespoon of almond butter.
                  10pm: Glass of almond milk.

WOD: Rest/Move slowly.

I took a two hour nap when I got home from work. Guess I was more tired than I thought I was. Problem is, when I'm tired, I try to find energy by eating but that doesn't work. Goal: to listen to my body and not to cravings. If I am tired, I will nap. I will not try to avoid the nap and snack on avocado.
                  Abs? EZ! \_(ツ)_/

My lifting goals!
                  Bench press 135 lbs.
                  Squat 225 lbs.

Food Rules!

Comment

9/17/11
                    Oh dear, today was most definitely a cheat day. I guess [3 of 3]. Went home to visit my parents and my mom hosted a family friend gathering for the Moon Festival that was earlier this week. Lots of amazing food items including unprimal ones.
                    11:30am: Eggs, tofu, mushrooms, some peanuts
                    Rest of the day: Baked salmon, smoked salmon, cauliflower and squid, lemonade made with honey, tapioca pudding, cream puffs, watermelon, chocolate, sponge cake, glass of red wine, homemade mooncake

WOD: Rest. Man, I'm resting too much. Studying for a midterm should not be an excuse.
                    Abs? EZ! \_(ツ)_/

My lifting goals!
                    Bench press 135 lbs.
                    Squat 225 lbs.

Food Rules!

Comment

9/18/11
                      10:30am: 2 eggs, chinese leafy greens, smoked salmon
                      12pm: 14 pistachios
                      4pm: 1/4 cup berries with coconut milk
                      5:30pm: Another 1/4 cup frozen berries with coconut milk

WOD: Rest.

I like snacking while studying. Must resist!
                      Abs? EZ! \_(ツ)_/

My lifting goals!
                      Bench press 135 lbs.
                      Squat 225 lbs.

Food Rules!

Comment

9/19/11
                        9am: Half cup of black coffee.
                        12:30: Half of my salad (mixed greens, zucchini, tomato, red onion, garlic, olive oil and balsamic) and some fried fish left overs that I got from home. Turns out it wasn't very much because I was still hungry. 2 eggs.
                        4pm: 1 egg and 3 tablespoons of ground flax seed with cinnamon
                        6pm: Rest of my salad with 2 more eggs.
                        10pm: Hungry again after class: salmon burger patty with a tomato. Cup of almond milk and half cup of coconut milk.

WOD: Rest. Could not wake up early this morning. Was super tired throughout the day despite getting 8 hours of sleep. Could it be my body is drained on energy because it used it to process the cake and cream puffs I ate on Saturday?
                        Abs? EZ! \_(ツ)_/

My lifting goals!
                        Bench press 135 lbs.
                        Squat 225 lbs.

Food Rules!

Comment

9/20/11
                          7:30am: Half cup of black coffee
                          12:30am: Leftover stir-fry medley from mom: tofu, mushroom, squash, cauliflower, squid, garlic. Sampled 2 cubic inches of cheese while grocery shopping. 2 eggs.
                          5pm: 1/2 cup coconut milk with cinnamon. When I had very little left, I mixed it with cocoa powder and it turned into pudding!
                          6pm: Mom's mooncake with whole egg yolk inside [Treat 1 of 3].
                          8:30pm: Snap peas, fried shrimp, smoked salmon with capers and red onions. Another 1/2 cup of coconut milk. 2 tablespoons of almond butter with 15 pistoles of Guittard unsweetened dark chocolate.

On a side note, I bought a red onion while grocery shopping during lunch but somehow managed to lose it en route to my kitchen. I wonder who profited from my 18 cent onion. I want it back! I also got 2lbs of jalapeno peppers for 99c from the bargain produce shelf and now I need to use them all up. Thought about making primal jalapeno poppers but I'm lactose intolerant and cream cheese has a surprising amount of lactose in it, for being a cheese. Maybe I'll sub the cream cheese for avocado or scrambled eggs...
                          Abs? EZ! \_(ツ)_/

My lifting goals!
                          Bench press 135 lbs.
                          Squat 225 lbs.

Food Rules!

Comment

9/21/11
                            9am: Half cup of black coffee.
                            12:30: Half of my salad (mixed greens, zucchini, tomato, red onion, garlic, bell peppers, olive oil and balsamic) and the rest of the fried fish left overs that I got from home. It was mostly bone so I was not satisfied.
                            3pm: 3 tablespoon ground flax seed with cinnamon.
                            6pm: Rest of my salad and 2 salmon burger patties.
                            10pm: 1/2 cup of coconut milk with frozen berries. 11 almonds. 40 pistoles of Guittard unsweetened dark chocolate [Treat 2 of 3]. 2 tablespoons of almond butter.

Midterm in class after work today. After the midterm, I checked my MCAT score. Not as high as I would've hoped for but still pretty darn good. I realized that if I don't eat enough for lunch, then I will be hungry again after class.
                            Last edited by jasmina; 09-22-2011, 09:20 AM.
                            Abs? EZ! \_(ツ)_/

My lifting goals!
                            Bench press 135 lbs.
                            Squat 225 lbs.

Food Rules!

Comment

I was on a road trip over the weekend and I took notes on what I ate. Unfortunately, I don't have my notebook on me so I'll do what I remember for now and add to it later.

9/22/11
                              7am: Half cup of black coffee
                              12pm: Salad: mixed greens, zucchini, tomato, red onion, garlic, portabello mushrooms, olive oil and balsamic with 2 salmon burger patties.
                              4pm: 22 almonds
                              4:30pm: Glass of almond milk
                              8pm: 1 can sardine, 1 small pack of tuna (2.5oz), with snap peas and tomatoes.
                              10pm: 4 hard boiled eggs
                              12am: 60 almonds, half cup of dried cranberries (finished the trail mix!) [ Treat 3 of 3 ]

9/23/11
                              1pm: Thai shrimp with a slice of a head of cabbage. It was supposed to be a salad.
                              2pm: 4 hard boiled eggs
                              3am: 1 large pack of salmon (5oz)

9/24/11
                              12pm: Half cup of black coffee
                              1pm: Bell peppers, 4 hard boiled eggs, 1 avocado, 1 tin of sardines
                              3am: 1 small pack of tuna, 4 hard boiled eggs

9/25/11
                              2pm: Souplantation - salad (spinach, greens, butternut squash, cabbage, onions, eggs, sunflower seeds, pickles, zucchini, pepperocini with olive oil and red wine vinegar) and cheddar broccoli soup with sour cream, white and green onions.
                              5pm: 1 medium cup of black ice coffee from Starbucks to sip on for the drive.
                              11pm: 1/2 cup coconut milk. 1 cup almond milk.
                              Last edited by jasmina; 09-29-2011, 09:10 PM.
                              Abs? EZ! \_(ツ)_/

My lifting goals!
                              Bench press 135 lbs.
                              Squat 225 lbs.

Food Rules!

Comment

Working...
                              X