charitydas challenge journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charitydas challenge journal

Whoo hoo, here we go. I have been "pretty close" to primal for a while now. Time to tighten up, get rid of the sugar cravings. I do have a 5 day trip to Mexico coming up. Not going to be 100% or even %80 on track... camping, fasting, eating the food that is offered to me ( to refuse is very bad manners) ( the BEST tortillas on the planet!) but will do my best and that is ok with me.

Started today with my exercise class, outdoors, part on the beach, based on Xfit workout.

today's food.
    B - coconut milk chia pudding, blackberries, raw cream in my Dandy blend
    snack - celery, almond butter, sunflower seed bread ( Lydia's - dehydrated nuts, veggies)
    lunch - beef veggie soup, 2 raw egg yolks, coconut oil
    snack - macadamia nuts, more celery
    dinner - ground lamb, swiss chard, ghee, coconut oil, kim chee, yam

Comment

forgot, gonna have some tea with some cream in a little bit. kitchen is closed except for that.

Comment

Enjoy Mexico. Take your best shot at primal, but enjoy the tortillas.
        Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

today's food -
          bf - egg, bacon, tomato, dandy blend with raw cream and coconut oil
          lunch - beef, peppers, tomatoes, cukes, coconut oil
          snack - a couple of coconut macaroons - raw, no sugar
          dinner - yam,flax oil, carrot, turkey and avocado
          herb tea with cream and coconut oil

workout - turned into a rest day, oops. planned to go swimming.
          challenges - none related to food really

Comment

Good luck in Mexico! I definitely know what you mean about it being impolite to refuse food. One of the biggest challenges I have here. It's custom to offer food when someone visits you, and practically a spit in the face to refuse. Had me eating corn pudding the other day...definitely was not worth the sugar crash, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices! At least it's only 5 days!

Comment

yep. and we have some hotel time as bookends where I will be munching on omelets and shrimp, so I am not worried.
              here is today so far and then I am out until Tuesday.
              WOD - boot camp class on the beach - stairs, walking in sand, squats, step ups, some arms, chest and back stuff with bands.
              BF - sunflower bread ( all seeds and veggies), turkey, avo, tea with coconut milk, raw cream
              sn - kombucha
              lunch - beef veggie soup, celery and almond butter
              snack - grapes
              dinner - yet to be determined, out with some friends.

Comment

back from Mexico and back to the Challenge. So far so good. I am full of beans, lol and have no desire for more tortillas. Stocked up on good stuff at the grocery store.

Comment

hope you had a great trip! I still have 6 more months of the bean belly, but boy is it delicious (and slightly painful in the gastrointestinal department...)

Comment

yesterday's food =
                    bf - 2 eggs fried in butter, avocado, dandy blend with cream
                    lunch = some WF deli chicken salad
                    snack = smoothie made of good sprouts, raw egg yolk, cinnamon, turmeric, fresh ginger, chia seeds, apple, water, hemp oil
                    dinner = out for chinese, pork and broccoli ( too much icky sauce for it to be good - good thing I had that smoothie because I wasn't hungry and just ate enough to be social)

no workout - unintended rest day due to achey knees

Comment

been on track but not been here to journal it. oops.
                      yesterday =
                      BF - raspberries, salami, dandy blend with cream ( weird combo but good)
                      snack - handful of nuts
                      lunch - was at a workshop and forgot my beautiful primal made lunch so mooched off of some peeps - inside stuff from a pork sandwich, apple, more nuts, carrot juice
                      dinner = said awesome lunch - salad of eggs, mayo, cukes, tomatoes, shrimp; 2 pieces of very low carb homemade flax bread with butter and almond butter. ( let myself get too hungry due to not enough lunch)

today =
                      bf = more of that flax bread, more butter, more almond butter, cream with tea ( not the best choice but was really comforting)
                      lunch - apple/seaweed/avocado/flax oil salad, bigass piece of chicken
                      snack - small bowl of corn/veggie/cream soup
                      dinner - very large smoothie - veggie sprouts, raw egg yolks, hemp oil, chia seeds, aloe juice, spices, blackberries

Comment

Working...
                      X