Small Steps - Gina's Journey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Steps - Gina's Journey

Hi all, I have decided to keep this journal to help keep me on track on my Primal journey. I am 30yr old female and weight 144.6 lbs as of this morning. I have dabbled with primal eating in the past, but I have decided that now is the time to take the leap and take the 30 day challange, 1 day at a time.

My goal is to reach 133lbs by the 21st October, when I fly out on holiday to Jamaica. Fingers crossed!!

My Monday didnt get off to the best start, considering I didnt get to bed til late (Sunday night) and then my alarm didnt go off this morning, hence no breakfast. Didnt feel that hungry anyway.

Day 1:
    B: none
    S: 1 pink lady apple, 1 tsp almond butter
    L: Pesto Chicken (home-made) with veg in a home-made tomato sauce, 1 Orange
    S: 30g mixed nuts, 10g pumpkin seeds, about 30g chilli & lime Chicken
    D: Bowl of home-made butternut squash soup.

Planned exercise for tonight is a bootcamp class in the local gym.
    Last edited by lilminiminx; 09-19-2011, 07:31 AM. Reason: Put in extra info

When I got home from work I ended up falling asleep. So didnt end up having dinner.....well apart from a small segment of grapefruit. Woke up in time to get ready for my bootcamp class.

Bootcamp.......was more like interval training on steroids! I ended up having to go out for air as I thought I might be sick (I wasn't thankfully!!) but the class was good & I will def go back for more (punishment)!! It showed me how lacking in cardio I am. On a side note I also booked in for a weights session with gym instructors which is booked for Sunday.

Day 1 Primal - Complete!

Comment

The body is a little......not sore but def feels tender - especially the quads and bum!! but as the saying goes - no pain no gain! Had a sneak peak of the scales this morning (yeah I know I shouldnt have) but I'm down 2lbs!!

Anyways,
      Day 2:
      B: Mint Tea
      S: 1/2 ruby grapefruit, Green Tea
      S: (1 hr later) 1 pink lady apple, 1 tsp almond butter, Green Tea
      L: 3 Chicken mini fillets with veg in a home-made tomato sauce,
      S: 30g mixed nuts, 10g pine nuts, about 30g chilli & lime Chicken

Planned exercise for this evening is swimming.
      Last edited by lilminiminx; 09-13-2011, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Just finished my swim. Only did about 30 mins as lately I seem to have a bad problem of cramping in my left foot after a while. Its a real pain!! I had planned to do some sprinting, but I got caught up in cleaning the kitchen that it was too late by the time I got to the gym.

Day 2 Primal - Complete

Exercise: Intervals done (with more on Saturday)
        Moving Slowly / Play 30mins / 180-300mins

Comment

Question: Has anyone else experienced spasams in the lower abdomen? Is this part of the detox??

Comment

Thankfully my spasams have passed!!

Today has been good so far food wise....I was even hungry this morning after my swim last night!

Day 3:
            B: 2 large eggs scrambled, 1/2 grapefruit, Mint Tea
            L: Chicken breast with stirfry veg (bean sprouts are ok rights?), 1 pink lady apple, Green Tea
            S: 30g mixed nuts, 10g pine nuts, about 30g chilli & lime Chicken
            S: Large banana

Have a pilates class tonight. Hopefully that will help sort out the tenderness in the body with some good stretches!! And it will count towards my play / slow moving too!!
            Last edited by lilminiminx; 09-14-2011, 03:19 PM. Reason: add snack

Comment

Had pilates class this evening for an hour but again had the cramping in my left foot in certain positions grrr.

Also had grocery shopping with my friend. I would be lieing if I said I was not tempted by my chocolate god, but I am happy to say that I wasnt tempted - even when my friend offered me an ice pop!! Bananas will be on the menu tomorrow - bring up my potassium & stop the stupid cramping!

Day 3 Primal - Complete

Exercise: 1 hour Pilates Class
              Moving Slowly / Play 90mins / 180-300mins

Comment

I got my first pair of vibrams today!! I ordered them yesterday & cant believed they arrived in work today (yes I had them sent to my workplace - way handier). Cant wait to take them home & try them out!!!

Food today has been good so far, but to be honest I am slightly worried as the weekend looms closer and even more worried about my follow through for next week. Like I said earlier - take each day as it comes.

Day 4:
                B: 2 large eggs scrambled, banana, Mint Tea
                L: Chicken breast with stirfry veg (with the last bean sprouts) 1 orange
                S: 30g mixed nuts, 10g pumpkin seeds, about 30g Chicken
                S: 1 Squares of tesco 85% dark chocolate
                D: Small bowl of butternut squash soup

Hope to go swimming this evening, but also might try get my sprints in before my swim.

***Update***
                At 4pm all I could think about was chocolate. But instead of going to the biscuit press, I was thinking about my tesco 85% dark chocolate in the press!! So when I got home I had 1 square & was totally satisfied!! Been thinking about a recipe I saw here of roughly chopped nuts and dark chocolate so think im gonna make some at the weekend - mmmmmm.

Tried on my vibrams - love them. Have a slight prob in that the back is slightly uncomfortable but I'm sure its just a matter of wearing them in!

Finally got my sprints done - 2 rounds of tabata sprints at 11kph. Happy with that & I know I will be able to improve on that too! Also went swimming for 45 mins.

Day 4 Primal - Complete

Exercise: 8 mins Tabata Sprints & 45 mins swimming.
                Moving Slowly / Play 135mins / 180-300mins
                Last edited by lilminiminx; 09-16-2011, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Woke up thirsty this morning, but not really hungry. I cant believe, but I actually feel slimmer!!! That prob sounds mad! Did go off track a little for lunch today, but I'm gonna put that down as part of the 20% in the 80/20 rule.

Day 5:
                  B: banana, Mint Tea
                  S: 1/2 ruby grapefruit, Green Tea, 1 tsp almond butter
                  L: bowl of veg soup from cafe (Dunnes Stores) and 1/2 portion of chips (fries) with salt, tomato sauce and vinegar
                  S: 30g mixed nuts, 10g pine nuts, 1 Squares of tesco 85% dark chocolate
                  D: bowl of butternut squash soup (cant believe my soup has lasted this long!)
                  S: 1 sq 85% dark chocolate (well it is Friday!)

No plans for excercise this evening. Just a give the house a good ol' scrub. Bootcamp tomorrow morning at 10am!!
                  Last edited by lilminiminx; 09-16-2011, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Admittedly today has been bad. Hopefully I haven't screwed up too badly!!

Day:6
                    B: banana
                    Brunch: 2 rashers, 2 eggs, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes & spring onion
                    S: none
                    L: none
                    S: chocolate with hazel nuts
                    D: none

Today was my first time time eating rashers in about 20yrs, they were fairly thick and I didn't feel great afterwards, but at least I didn't get sick (thinking of the last time I tried mince turkey breast)

Think I will leave it a little while til I try them again, so back to the chicken and egg recipes for now.

Exercise consisted of a bootcamp class this morning. Was good but was pretty wrecked after it. Maybe the class will be enough to stave off the calories from all the chocolate I ate (300g) in total
                    Last edited by lilminiminx; 09-19-2011, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Feel kinda I'll after eating that chocolate - ugh

Comment

I did some DIY (I put together a chest of drawers), but by 11.30 I was nearly sick with exhaustion!!! So went to bed and slept like a log!! Met with a trainer who did up a weights program - its going to be tough!!!

Day 7:
                        L: Last of the butter nut squash soup, breast of chicken stuffed with homemade pesto & roasted veg
                        D: Lettuce, deli turkey, tomato & onion, tea with a dash of milk

Went home for tea, as my nana & aunt were visiting. So made the best choices possible, making lettuce wraps with the turkey, tomato & onion. Managed to avoid the yummy lily o'brien chocolates!
                        Last edited by lilminiminx; 09-19-2011, 02:58 AM.

Comment

I dont feel great this morning. Didnt sleep great & my back & neck are sore. Going to the chiropractor this evening so hopefully she can help me out.

Day 8:
                          S: 1/2 grape fruit, green tea
                          L: Bowl of vegetable soup - commerical (from Dunnes Stores), pink lady apple
                          S: 30g mixed nuts, 10g pine nuts
                          D:

Bootcamp this evening!! Should be interesting!!!!
                          Last edited by lilminiminx; 09-19-2011, 07:10 AM.

Comment

I feel like crap!! there is no other way to put it. My body is sore (my neck, my back, my arms) and I feel like I dont give a crap!

The only thing that has kept me away from the biscuit press in work is that firstly, my weight is down to 141.6lbs - 3 lbs lost in the first week!! And my stomach does feel 'tighter'. Secondly I am flying out to visit my friend in Jamaica in 4.5 weeks time & I plan on being beach ready!!!!! My goal weight is 133lbs, though ideally 130lbs.

So whats wrong with me? Is this the carb flu I hear everyone talking about? Is it possible to get it a week into going primal??

Comment

Confession Box:

1. I'm totally inconsistant at keeping journals - always have been
                              2. Yesterday (Day 9) is pretty much a write-off and I 100% fell off the wagon.
                              3. I have done no exercise this week yet.

Monday I went to my chiropractor - my whole body was sore after my week, as well as other things. I decided against doing my bootcamp and to rest my body.
                              I went to the 'Electric Picnic for Farmers' aka the ploughing championships (if your from Ireland you'll understand) yesterday. Complete disaster from start to finish including non-primal coffee with sugar, cheese sandwiches, chocolate bars, chocolate brownie, mars square and carrot cake!!!!!
                              I didnt do any swimming last night, though I guess you could conclude about 2 hours of walking (real time was 4 hours but halving time for browsing standing around and sitting down)

Yesterday happened, today is a new day & I have a good work collegue that is looking out for me (I went to the biscuit press, took a biscuit & she made me put it back!! )!!

Day 9:
                              B: none
                              S1: strong instaant coffee with 1.5 sugar & milk
                              S2: orange
                              L: Breast of chicken stuffed with home-made pesto, lettuce, some onion & 3/4 tomato, orange
                              S: a full ruby grapefruit
                              D: diced chicken with diced veg & spice (similar to yuk sung)
                              Last edited by lilminiminx; 09-21-2011, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X