No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (FlyNavyWife)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So basically someone said "I'll pay you $125 to eat this frankenfood and write about it real quick." And I said "No thanks."

Proud that I'm 100% honest with my reviews, and that I turn down ops that don't fit with my blog, lifestyle, and readership. I've probably turned down at least $400 of opportunities in the last month and a half (not to mention offers of free samples for things like granola, cookies, and chocolates), and I'm good with it. If I hadn't I'd probably be feeling really grimy right about now.
    And that, m'dear, is why you're so freakin' awesome. <3

Besides, you'll make so much more moolah being honest than you ever would being an opportunist.

Comment

• FANTASTIC! and that is why you have such avid readers who trust you and rely on you! <3
      Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Thanks y'all. <3
        Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

• Mmmm turkey bacon and egg whites....haha. That's why we can trust you, you're not a sell-out! You should have told her to add back the yolks, put real bacon on there, drop the biscuit, and....wait that's just eggs and bacon. I guess they can't make much of a commercial out of that, huh?
          You are what you eat,
          and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

• Thanks hannah.

And yeah, I'm cool with giving my opinion on stuff and I'll only make it sound like a commercial if I really truly love the thing.

But doing these reviews is really helping out my family especially since I'm not working outside the home, so as long as I stay honest I think it's worth it. Got another "offer" today worth $150. It's a little lame (not something I'd normally write about) but not anti-me, so I'm taking it and going to give my true opinions...
            Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

• That's cool! I think (in my ever so humble opinion) that as long as the product is something that goes against your beliefs, go ahead and try it out! I know you'll always give an honest review so that's all your readers want from you!

LOL, turkey bacon. Heh. Goodness.
              sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• Speaking of bacon.. I cooked a pound of it today in my oven. I love how crispy you can get it without burning when you do it that way, and that the pieces stay long instead of getting wrinkled... not that it matters because I crushed it all up anyway, for a spinach salad for Thanksgiving. Mmmm...

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving, FNW <3

Comment

• Mmm spinach salad I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! So much to be thankful for this year huh?
                    You are what you eat,
                    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyNavyWife View Post
                      Proud that I'm 100% honest with my reviews, and that I turn down ops that don't fit with my blog, lifestyle, and readership. I've probably turned down at least $400 of opportunities in the last month and a half (not to mention offers of free samples for things like granola, cookies, and chocolates), and I'm good with it. If I hadn't I'd probably be feeling really grimy right about now.
                      And that is why I value your opinion so much. So proud to be your reader and have you as my buddy.

Comment

• Almond butter DIY

You can easily make your own nut butters with a Champion juicer. They are expensive new, but we got ours off craigslist for $20. They still sell the parts even for the old ones but ours is still going strong after 20 years.

We go to Costco and pick up a big can of Smokehouse almonds and the house brand of cashews, run them through the Champion and can them. Cheap and easy.

Comment

Working...
                        X