No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GP! It's a sign! I added your book to my Amazon wishlist (for payday...unless the Budget is still crying after rent, then maybe I'll wait for the installments starting on the 14th) and I saw this.

Amazon.com: Kotobuki 280-129 2-Tiered Bento Box, Panda Face: Kitchen & Dining

Admittedly, it's because I looked at it last week while I was bored at work. But it's a sign. You are, and forever shall be, Gay Panda.

You will diminish, and go into the West, and remain Gay Panda.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
      Searching Gay Panda on Smashwords turns up nothing at all.
      You are right

Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
      So if you are in the mood for a science fiction story about what happens to six foster children of an Earth colony in an attack that separates the souls of millions of people from their bodies and reorganizes them at random, you will have to type in The Dammerung by Macaulay C. Hunter. Or you can just go to The Dammerung and read it there, a chapter posted every week starting on Valentine’s Day.
      I could not wait! I bought it at Smashwords.

p.s. my parents did not name me winencandy
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
        gay panda i am shocked an appalled that your real name is not gay panda. MY name really is bloodorchid and i feel as tho you are a dastardly fiend for lying to me
        That made me laugh and laugh this morning.
        JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• I shall circle the sad faces today.........just thinking of you not wanting to cook because Kitty is not there to watch you........like a Sharpie circle on the mood chart!

And then I am going to circle my WHHHAAAATTTT face on the mood chart, dammit Panda, my ID says Redflame.....I thought I could count on a Gay Panda to be honest with me,..........I dont even know what name to call you anymore
          Redflame
          Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
          Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
          Goal of Significant Weight Loss
          15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

• I lose big time on the "this isn't my name" game. If it wasn't clear straight off the bat...

I'm not a namelesss wonder
            Depression Lies

Comment

• All this talk of emotion charts brings to mind something a shrink tried to make me do back in college. He handed me one, telling me to use one for each journal entry and then elaborate on it, if I felt like it. I farking hated that. Yes, I had/ have depression. That does not mean my emotions are suddenly cut and dry. I can not choose just one emotion at any given point as the only emotion I'm feeling at the time. Homie don't play that. Matter of fact, if I'm writing in my journal, it's a pretty sure sign that I'm overcome with multiple emotions and I'm trying to sort the fuckers out. This one emotion crap is for the birds. There are times I WISH I only had one emotion to deal with at a time.
              Anyways, /rant. The emotion chart idea just reminded me of it.
              I'll likely wait until the 14th to start in on your book. If I get involved in it, I'll cough up the $4.99 as soon as I'm done with that first chapter.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Gay Panda’s name is not actually Gay Panda.
                The next thing you know - you'll be telling us you don't really live in the Magical Bamboo Forest!
                There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                  The next thing you know - you'll be telling us you don't really live in the Magical Bamboo Forest!
                  I will never believe that! Gay Panda will always live in the Magical Bamboo Forest no matter what this Macaulay person says!
                  “I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.” ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

• Be warned, the WolfCat is thrifty with posts, so replies to multiple posts follow.

Regarding names - while Tala Mosi might appear to be a real name in some parts of the world, alas, it is not. It is Native American, but the two parts originate from different tribes and, therefore different languages. So, I too am a fraud. Should I, like naiadknight, ever publish anything in the mainstream, it may be under another name or perhaps I'll use Tala Mosi just to see if anyone can decipher the meaning. My working theory is that we're all multi-faceted beings and, depending on the venue, we share different parts of ourselves under various names.

Regarding kitties and bacon - I'm so sad that a little kitty face isn't there to inquire about the contents of Gay Panda's pans. Years ago I shared my life with a miniarture Schnauzer named Fritz who was a connoisseur of all people food. He particularly enjoyed an occasional bite of raw potato (I know, nightshade family, poison, yada, yada; he loved it and never suffered from the little he got). After he crossed the Rainbow Bridge, I didn't cook potatoes for a long time because I couldn't bear to turn and not see his bright eyes peering up at me expectantly. It does get better, but slowly.

Regarding The Dammerung - Congratulations Panda!! This has to be one of the most exhilerating and terrifying times of your life. I've bought my copy and am so anxious to get home to start reading. Thank you, dear Panda, for making it so affordable. I particularly like the title after reading the summary posted on Amazon. I can't wait to find out how you explored that concept. While I'm a sucker for a good plot line, I absolutely must have good, well-rounded, complicated, real characters to carry the story or I feel cheated.

Regarding the decline of the English language arts - I am also a product of many very strict English teachers throughout my school years. Added to my natural love of words and language, their displine has given me hours of both anguish and joy as I struggle to put words on paper or computer screens in an attempt to capture the stories in my head. Huzzah for English teachers who still care!!

Regarding potatoes - Yes, they're evil. Yes, I love them. Yes, I'm having a terrible time disengaging from their addicting influence.
                    "There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls." - George Carlin

Comment

• Hooray! It's downloaded! I wish I had checked earlier, then I could have read it on the 11 hour plane flight home. I love the Kindle app on my phone. I have all five Song of Ice and Fire books, I downloaded the Dwarves on a recommendation here and I bought Hunger Games at the airport because the dude sitting next to me was reading it. Of course if I really like something I have to go get the hard copy. One great thing is that it's connected to the dictionary so I can look things up as I'm reading! George R. R. Martin sure is a medieval nerd, now I know what "destriers" and "oubliettes" are.

Alas, I must put in some hours to pay for books and bacon. I won't get to read more until tonight (although I devoured a few mini-pages already)
                      Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
                      Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
                      "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

• I forgot to mention that I'll be ordering a copy of the book once I'm caught up on my library books.
                        There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

• Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                          I forgot to mention that I'll be ordering a copy of the book once I'm caught up on my library books.
                          If I made myself wait to get new books until I'd read every book on my shelves, I'd be waiting a very long time. By the time I finish one, I've got 5 more wating in the wings. I'm in the middle of 3-5 fiction books and 2-3 nonfiction books at any given time.
                          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                            I'm in the middle of 3-5 fiction books and 2-3 nonfiction books at any given time.
                            me too!
                            "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                            "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse
                            "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• In my defense, I have several books out of the library right now so I have to read them before they have to be returned.

Comment

• and if they are library ebooks, they just vanish when they are due.
                                Bonus, no more overdue fines
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X