No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. She may be frolicking around in the bacon forests of the semi- afterlife right now, and having the best time of NOW, but rest assured, she and Benign Poltergeist and all the other four legged fiends (yes, I intentionally dropped the 'r') you adopt will be waiting for you in the clearing at end of the forest, waiting to take that final walk with you to the Great Beyond. At least she went fairly peacefully, and in a manner of her own choosing.
    I too grew up in the world of "everyone's a winner" and "you can do anything you put your mind to." I also learned early on that athletic arts are not my strength. I'm just too damn injury prone. IF I somehow had made it to the professional soccer world, I could almost guarantee you that I would've spent most of my time on the bench because I'd managed to trip over the astroturf. I also learned early on that, while I love the 2D arts, my eyes do not love me enough to be good enough for non-abstract 2D art. 3D arts (including sewing and crochet, etc) and writing are where my artistic talents lie. How did I learn these in the world of "Oh, you did so great just by showing up"? Logic. Logic was my earliest friend and foe (makes sense given that I went in to engineering.) Logic dictated that no amount of practice would make me great if I couldn't stay off the ground long enough to practice. Logic dictated that just because my world is 2D, no one else's is; and thus my painting a face would always seem flat to other folks, even if it seemed perfectly normal to me. Logic dictates that my love for 3D arts, legos, water and science should collide into my career.
    That said, if you needed a sculpture for the cover of your book, I could help. 2D cover, not so much. Also, I know a guy who sounds exactly like Butthead, especially when he goes off on a tangent or is playing Starcraft II. If you've read my journal, it's IT Guy. I'm not even sure I want to know what hr'd do in a cornfield.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• I'm sorry for your loss, Panda! I hope Benign Poltergeist has a good hiding spot - PKC will be on the hunt. I suggest earplugs for you for the next 5 years or so!
      There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

• Oh Gay Panda, I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm glad the end was peaceful and quick for dear Primal Coach Kitty. It's wonderful she had such a great "retirement" from her show kitty career in the magical bamboo forest with a Panda who loved her so much!

Not Spunky, Queen of Roses, and the dog never visit me in my dreams either. Furry ingrates =)
        Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
        Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
        "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

• Strangely enough, most of the things I try in life seem to work for me. When I was three, I tried drawing, and now I sell portraits. I tried singing, and everyone seemed to love it and said I was awesome. I tried writing fiction, and got A's in english class... The other day I tried my hand at metal work to make a circlet for the elvish dress I plan to make and it went pretty well O.o I do sewing, and horseriding, and rabbit training, and bracelet making.. and just once, I'd like to actually be crap at something. I have so many hobbies I end up sitting and doing nothing because I can't decide what to do. -_-;
          Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

• Originally posted by PixieKitten View Post
            Strangely enough, most of the things I try in life seem to work for me. When I was three, I tried drawing, and now I sell portraits. I tried singing, and everyone seemed to love it and said I was awesome. I tried writing fiction, and got A's in english class... The other day I tried my hand at metal work to make a circlet for the elvish dress I plan to make and it went pretty well O.o I do sewing, and horseriding, and rabbit training, and bracelet making.. and just once, I'd like to actually be crap at something. I have so many hobbies I end up sitting and doing nothing because I can't decide what to do. -_-;
            I have this same issue and has caused quite a paralysis in life. My go to answer for the last several years as been 'stay in bed'. Now I'm at least trying 'do something, anything it doesn't matter' (and applied for a cashier job at a grocery store opening up soon).

Comment

• Originally posted by Griffin View Post
              I hope Benign Poltergeist has a good hiding spot - PKC will be on the hunt.
              That damn ghost better have packed up its yo-mama jokes and be hiding in Witness Protection, because Ghostly Primal Coach Kitty can now take that translucent bastard DOWN.
              JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• I have been lurking on here to read your journal everyday, I just haven't been signing in or posting anything, but I thought today was a day to do so. I am really saddened to hear of primal coach kitty passing away. I know you will miss her company.

ps, you have been doing so well...you are on the verge of breaking into the 170's! Such incredible progress

Comment

• Originally posted by DJY View Post
                  Awww..damn. Sorry Panda. Having been through this a bunch of times myself I always get to the point of wondering if the pain and loss of their passing and missing them is worth having pets at all. But then you remember the joy of having them in your life and know that it is. After a suitable amount of respect time perhaps adopt a new kitty? They will never be PCK but they will be wonderful in their own way.
                  I wish that I could clone Primal Coach Kitty; she was wacky in the most entertaining ways! I do still have two other cats who never appear in Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS, because they aren't nearly as interesting and live outside. The Great Pumpkin (a giant orange cat) is either eating or sleeping and engages in no other activities, and Windows Vista (Primal Coach Kitty's younger half-sister) is the most irritating creature alive. Her life is made of dialog box pop-ups stating complaints about my actions and her brain locks into obsessive meow loops that invalidate all other functions. Introduce malware (such as a vet visit, or any change no matter how minor to her schedule) and she has a total program crash. The only reason I have tolerated this cat for so long is that The Great Pumpkin absolutely adores her, so Windows Vista is really his cat, not mine.
                  Last edited by Gay Panda; 01-25-2012, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• @Kate_Tower - you read all 1344 posts?!?!?!? WOW.

@MarieGray - you win. You just win. I don't know what you win, but you won it. She's a baker with poo in her pocket.

Comment

• I read every single one. 90% of them were a riot. 10% were sad. But I will count myself a repeat reader and settle in for the hike through your magical bamboo forest. Thanks for making it educational and entertaining. I look foreward to more...
                      KT

Comment

• Animal Duel!!!
                        (Battle Moves: stink-eye, yowling, squawking, and flapping right outside the window while Gay Panda tries to work)

PLACE YOUR BETS

Windows Vista vs. Expecto Patronum

So far, the chicken is winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                          Animal Duel!!!

(Battle Moves: stink-eye, yowling, squawking, and flapping right outside the window while Gay Panda tries to work)

PLACE YOUR BETS

Windows Vista vs. Expecto Patronum

So far, the chicken is winning.
                          I'm rooting for the cat, even if it is a low memory, over hyped POS.
                          We had one of those at the office a few days ago. 2 pigeons were getting it on when a 2nd male comes up and tries to take over. The pigeon fight was absolutely hilarious, especially with it taking place on a branch right outside my window and the female eventually flew away, eith neither male noticing.
                          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Gonna go with Windows Vista too....we all know how ornery it (she) is......

Comment

• And the winner of Round One is . . .

WINDOWS VISTA!!!

Using a move that will forever remain unsung (since Gay Panda only heard it) Windows Vista booted Expecto Patronum right out of the yard. And so, instead of having a badly-needed breakfast, Gay Panda was outside in a Jammie Ensemble with a bag of grated cheese and the Black Broom of Doom which I use to herd chickens.

Fun ensued.

The Great Pumpkin watched with mild amusement from his bed on the porch as Gay Panda ran all over the road and through neighbors' yards (including Poo Hurler's) waving the Broom of Doom to reclaim Expecto Patronum. Finally she was remanded into custody, and is now going head-to-head with Imperio.

Round Two . . .

Comment

• DAMMIT, PANDA, You have me guffawing at work!!!! You are one hell of a writer, good sir.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X